[TV] Winter HAS COME! - A Game of Thrones

Preview for next episode looks like yet more info dumping. 0_0

I'm hoping that the longer episode length of the later episodes makes up for it.

Man this new intro? Dope as hell.

Everything with Sam? Dope as hell.

But yeah a slow episode overall.

Dave

Staff member
We loved it. And Sam was the standout this episode. I have to admit bringing the pieces together was very satisfying.

GasBandit

Staff member
I generally liked it, though it felt like it wasn't moving along as fast as things needed to if this is going to have a satisfying conclusion in only 6 episodes.

Dave

Staff member
Bran: "The Wall has fallen. The dead are coming south. They have your dead dragon - he's one of them now."

Everyone: Goes back to talking.

Bran: "Mother fuckers are you even listening?!?"

Bran: "The Wall has fallen. The dead are coming south. They have your dead dragon - he's one of them now."

Everyone: Goes back to talking.

Bran: "Mother fuckers are you even listening?!?"
Then he spends the episode creeping in the courtyard.

It was like watching the part of the Avengers where we're waiting for them all to come together, but with less killing, which is weird.

That said...

The lack of good writing really hampers any excitement I've gotten out of this series since mid-season 6ish. It is just not sharp at all. A long episode is one thing, but it all feels very Hollywood safe right now. I recognize that they're going to go for shock value to hide this weakness but man, considering how razor-sharp dialogue and situations have been in the past, this is just not worthy of a two-year wait.

Reactions: Dei

GasBandit

Staff member
The lack of good writing really hampers any excitement I've gotten out of this series since mid-season 6ish. It is just not sharp at all. A long episode is one thing, but it all feels very Hollywood safe right now. I recognize that they're going to go for shock value to hide this weakness but man, considering how razor-sharp dialogue and situations have been in the past, this is just not worthy of a two-year wait.
Still better than the most recent book.

I look forward to being able to not have to spoiler everything
Is anyone actually reading this thread that hasn't seen the new episode? If so I don't think they can legitimately complain about being spoiled. I mean...unless they're being forced to read it at gunpoint the way Dave apparently is with the Sims thread.

Is anyone actually reading this thread that hasn't seen the new episode? If so I don't think they can legitimately complain about being spoiled. I mean...unless they're being forced to read it at gunpoint the way Dave apparently is with the Sims thread.
I haven't seen it, cause I don't have a TV and I can't be bothered to find the episode online, but then again I don't mind spoilers so here I am happily reading this thread.

Haven't seen any of season 7 or 8, still read this thread. Nobody better say anything about anything that happens after the end of season 5!

Haven't seen any of season 7 or 8, still read this thread. Nobody better say anything about anything that happens after the end of season 5!
There's still sex & dragons in the show after season 5. To keep some level of suspense though, I won't tell you if there's sex with dragons.

There's still sex & dragons in the show after season 5. To keep some level of suspense though, I won't tell you if there's sex with dragons.
I'll be that guy and reveal that there's totally dragon sex. Really graphic, too. I'm talking full-on frontal shots of the dragon getting penetrated by the massive shaft, and ending with the money shot of all the fluids spraying everywhere, while all the other characters are standing there going, "WTF did I just witness?" Like, you know how Jon Snow does a great impression of the Pikachu face? Yeah he's got that expression on his face the whole time.

Dave

Staff member
Episode 2 has leaked and is now online. People are posting spoilers everywhere. I got sent a gif of Maisie Williams getting naked, which I guess I needed to see for some reason. I didn't, but there it is.

Episode 2 has leaked and is now online. People are posting spoilers everywhere. I got sent a gif of Maisie Williams getting naked, which I guess I needed to see for some reason. I didn't, but there it is.
We need an "I'm intrigued but I don't want to be too obvious about it" reaction.