[TV] Winter HAS COME! - A Game of Thrones

North_Ranger

Staff member
YES! The Blackfish is coming! I absolutely fell in love with that magnificent bastard when reading the first book!

No opinion as of yet of Thoros of Myr. I only went "Aww" with disappointment when I read about him the first time and realized he'd been dropped out of Season 1. Just finished the first book, still waiting for Season 2 to be aired here.

I honestly don't remember some of those characters.
But the ones I do remember, looks like good casting.
Is that the same guy playing Beric Dondarion as played him in season one for all of 10 seconds? It doesn't look like it.

*Edit: It's not the same guy

Shush yous! I just finished book 2.

So Sansa chapters just exist to show what other more interesting characters are doing.

Jon is growing on me, clearly they have left a teensy bit about the wolves off the TV.

Tyrion is still better on TV, much better.

Also, I am interested in this bastard Bolton and would like to subscribe to his newsletter.

Shush yous! I just finished book 2.

So Sansa chapters just exist to show what other more interesting characters are doing.

Jon is growing on me, clearly they have left a teensy bit about the wolves off the TV.

Tyrion is still better on TV, much better.

Also, I am interested in this bastard Bolton and would like to subscribe to his newsletter.
Out of curiosity, why do you like Trion better on the TV? I, like many others, felt his TV role diminished his role as compared to the books.

Well the TV Tyrion has had the entire story of his first wife dimished, where as in the books it is referenced repeatedly, this to me makes it seems that he is blinded by it. He often chastises himself for being ruled by his cock and it's clear that he is. In the treachery department, in the TV he holds himself very well, but in the books it's like he's not even playing in the same league as the other characters, he's grossly overmatched and for a character that prides himself on his cunning, he's not very cunning.

Also
I thought Orell died later on.
I'm almost certain that Orell was one of the wildlings who was with Ygritte that Snow and Halfhand and co attacked and killed. He was a skinchanger so part of his conscious was inside his eagle who was forever fucking with Jon Snow. I just looked it up, I'm still not certain if he should be alive or dead but apparently the character of Orell is being combined with a bunch of minor Wildling characters for the third season of the show.

But I could be off base with that. It's been several years since I read Clash of Kings.

I seem to remember him marching south to the wall with them, and him hating Jon Snow and recognizing him as a skinchanger right away. I can't remember how he dies though.

You're both right! Well, it's actually as Frank says,

He only marched south as an eagle, who was then used by Varamyr Sixskins (or something like that, I read it in Spanish), and was the first victim of the appearance of Stannis in the north (he burst in flames)

Anyway, I saw the video an got SUPER excited when I saw Jojen and Meera are going to appear, I guess it means

We'll get all of the magic-exploration and teaching by Jojen we didn't get last season. Makes sense, since Bran's chapters in Storm are generally regarded as boring. Concentrating the magic exposition from two books in one season will make it more interesting.

All the characters got me excited really. It's a great teaser for fans of the books.

Jeez, Huffington Post. A complete recap of all of Game of Thrones' nudity....embedded right there with the casting news. That's classy.

Apparently Dominic West (of the best show ever, The Wire) turned down the roll. That's SUPER unfortunate, he's way more who I would have pictured. I guess West was sick of fantasy rolls.[DOUBLEPOST=1345517129][/DOUBLEPOST]Apparently Daario Naharis and Grey Worm have also been cast by actors Ed Skrein and Jacob Anderson.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I seem to remember him marching south to the wall with them, and him hating Jon Snow and recognizing him as a skinchanger right away. I can't remember how he dies though.
I do believe that was Varamyr Sixskins. But I might be wrong, I was too caught up with the bittersweet romance between Jon Snow and Ygritte to give a mole's ass about some pansy-ass warg :p

I was sort of hoping that James Purefoy (Marc Antony in Rome) was going to be Mance -- his name's been thrown around a lot, and I think he would have been perfect.

Euron Crow's Eye, anyone?

So far the casting has been pretty good, with lots of actors doing a surprisingly good job (in the small parts I've seen; a lot of them look the part much better than I had expected beforehand, anyway), but that guy looks very little like I imagined Grey Worm. I look forward to being proven wrong, though.
Daario, on the other hand, while obviously needing a wig compared to that picture, already has the exact sort of look I was expecting.

BananaHands

Staff member
So far the casting has been pretty good, with lots of actors doing a surprisingly good job (in the small parts I've seen; a lot of them look the part much better than I had expected beforehand, anyway), but that guy looks very little like I imagined Grey Worm. I look forward to being proven wrong, though.
Daario, on the other hand, while obviously needing a wig compared to that picture, already has the exact sort of look I was expecting.
I'm in the same boat as you. That looks nothing like I imagined Grey Worm.