Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Still recovering from two surgeries and I have complications from one of them.

Up all night with a stomach flu.

Up helping daughter with her stomach flu as well. (my husband took the first few rounds but had to go to bed - his work is super early)

Looking forward to getting son to daycare because he's full of energy and my daughter and I are catatonic. But no...he has a freaky, funky spreading rash...

Three doctor appointments in a row coming soon...this is going to be a circus. Or other words that I shouldn't type with my kids in the room :D

Thinking you have finally made good local friends only to realize that these are superficial friendships really hurts and sucks rotten eggs. Sometimes I wonder if there is something very wrong with me, but I am oblivious to it.

Thinking you have finally made good local friends only to realize that these are superficial friendships really hurts and sucks rotten eggs. Sometimes I wonder if there is something very wrong with me, but I am oblivious to it.
You're awesome, the general population are mentally backwards and have no idea what they're missing out on? I mean, their favorite show IS Honey Boo Boo after all.

I have a boo-boo on the palm of my hand. I threw a stick for my dog to retrieve, and I did not realize that it had tiny little thorns on it. Nice inch to an inch and a half gash.

I have some retrieving dummies with short ropes.

The problem at work is the cut is right where I grasp a screw driver when I have to push down...

of course my boss opens a ransomware email... the FBI Moneypak virus... I hope nobody gives these people $200.00 to turn that software off. But I've been swapping out hard drives for testing and removal purposes.

GasBandit

Staff member
of course my boss opens a ransomware email... the FBI Moneypak virus... I hope nobody gives these people $200.00 to turn that software off. But I've been swapping out hard drives for testing and removal purposes.
Gah, people at my office always get that sort of thing, too. They (being shockingly PC-illiterate for the year 2012) ask me what the hell is this thing that pretends to be an antivirus program, and I explain it to them like this.

This is like a mobster strolling into your computer and saying,

"Gee, mista, dis sure is a nice computa you got heah. Yeah, real nice... look at all dem windows an' programs an' stuff. It'd be a real shame if there was some virus that came in and messed all that up. A real shame. Ain't you glad you got our virus protection to keep dat from happ'nin? Dat's what I thowat. Yeh, I'm just gonna need your credit cahd numba righ heah. See you next munt."

God damn it Tumblr. Stop being so immature about relationships, and encouraging passive-aggressive behavior. Tell people to say what they mean instead of lauding those who tell white lies to make their own lives easier at the expense of others. My thoughts on the issue.
"I'm not interested in dating anyone," isn't necessarily a white lie. It could be absolutely true, until they meet someone that makes them change their mind. I think you're reading a bit too much into this.

It is a white lie, they honestly don't want to date the guy who asked them. figmentPez is right, it's a cop-out from -hurting- the guy's feelings. What they don't care about is that the fact that they didn't come out and say it, instead hurting them further when they do decide to date someone that ISNT them. Saying -I'm not looking to date anyone right now- gives the guy hope that if sticks around long enough, she'll be ready to date him. It's a lie to keep herself surrounded by people who will do things for her without having to date them.

Now, is that bullshit on the guy's part to stick around just for the intent of dating her? Of course it is. Is it bullshit on her part to not flat out tell a guy -I just see you as a friend-? Of course it is. They're both wrong.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't remember where I read it, or maybe saw it in a movie, but the conversation that springs to mind is, after a guy has asked a waitress out,

"Sorry, I don't date customers."

"I accept your rejection but not your reason."

"Whuh?"

"You say you won't go out with me because you don't date customers, but I know for a fact that there exists at least one man out there that you can name right now that you would break that rule for. Therefor, you don't have a rule against dating customers, you just don't consider me attractive enough a customer to go out with."

".... yeah."

I don't just want the real refs back.

I want an apology. From Roger Goodell.

And I want that touchdown taken off the boards as being illegitimate.

And a WIN in the books for the Packers.

Until then, forget the NFL.

You'll be back. They always come back.

Interestingly enough, the NFL was supposed to have the best refs for the prime time games, but these debacles have occured. Meanwhile the Bills games (about as unimportant from the NFLs standpoint as games could be) have for the most part had good officiating.

*knocks on wood*

Bah! I'm in charge at work this weekend, after being there for a month. Part of the job is to yap at people for 15-20 mins. I got half way done writing what I was going to say, and on re-reading realized that I sounded like my boss - I'd unconciously copied his style. And it sounded horrid and totally phoney.

So, now to do a re-write.

Even though I know why I'm nervous, I'm still a freakin' wreck. This bites, I've never had this much anxiety going into a talk, except for maybe, maybe, the first time I did one.

Ugh. Not only am I still coughing up phlegm from last week's cold, but I've also got shin splints from too much chair pose from yoga a few days ago.

And now, I've also got a minor case of pink eye.

Cripes, I'm just falling apart! :(

Kids carry the WORST diseases. Kindergarten classrooms are where diseases are BORN. My nephew is in junior kindergarten now; I told my sister and brother in law to start drinking orange juice.

Speaking of petri dish children, my son starts fall break next week. The last two years that has meant we all came down with stomach viruses and did not really have a break at all (plus the first year is when I got my household goods shipment, so I had a puking kid, another with the runs and a house full of boxes to open and sort out). If anyone in this household so much as looks weird over this break I swear I am going to seek out a voodoo practitioner and have the fucking curse removed from me.

This is not a "World's Most Interesting Man" meme attempt, I swear.
I don't get sick often, but when I do, it's because I've been around children, and it's the freaking worst cold/ flu, every time.

I don't really get sick that often any more. Course...that's because in Elementary school I got colds and allergy attacks every other day. Not to mention days when I had colds AND allergy attacks ON THE SAME DAY! It...it was bad.

Screw you USPS. Screw. You.

I ordered costume pieces on Friday, they also shipped on Friday. My friend ordered from the same store on Friday (shipped on Friday) and received her order today. My order? Oh, it's stuck in an infinte loop in San Bernardino - it's been sent their twice according to the tracking informaion. What the fraptuous day?? You'd think that something coming from Chicago would go to Utah, where I am, but no...skipped over my state to go get stuck in California.

Screw. You.