Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Bruni's! Mr. and Mrs. Bruni no longer work there (and I think Mr. Bruni died some years ago), but their kids and grandchildren still own the business. When I was a little girl, a reporter who traveled across the US sampling various pizzas nominated Bruni's as having one of the best pizzas in the country. The pizza is not the same now that it's run by the younger generations, but it is still one of the best around my hometown.

There are two much smaller, regional chains in my old college town (which is also the town I grew up in or near most of my life) that are far, FAR superior to the big three. They seem to be a cross between California and New York style pizza, and they both sell pizza by the slice if you actually go to one of their locations. The two of them have been having a friendly little war for ages; they have extremely similar phone numbers, they both cater to the two main universities in the area, etc., and they both still manage to stay open, despite all of that. The pizzas are nice and thin, the dough is soft but still cooked all the way through, and the bottom of the crust and the "pizza bones" are chewy and delicious. They seem to understand how to balance the amount of toppings perfectly, so the cheese is always present but doesn't outshine the meat and/or veggies and the sauce complements the rest of the toppings, instead of trying to be the star (even though one of the chains has a spicy sauce that is to die for, it doesn't get in the way of the other ingredients). One of them even has a buy-one-get-one-free on carryout deal which has become its life-blood in the two college towns that form most of their service area. Every time we go back there we try to stop in for at least one slice of pizza from either of them, because even though one of them has crossed the mountains and opened a few locations west of the Cascades, they're still hours away from Seattle.

Bruni's! Mr. and Mrs. Bruni no longer work there (and I think Mr. Bruni died some years ago), but their kids and grandchildren still own the business. When I was a little girl, a reporter who traveled across the US sampling various pizzas nominated Bruni's as having one of the best pizzas in the country. The pizza is not the same now that it's run by the younger generations, but it is still one of the best around my hometown.
Is that the one in Hammonton New Jersey? If so I may live close by to you.

Cool! I live in Collings Lakes, the municipality that is part Williamstown, part Buena, part Hammonton, part Folsom. Very confusing writing my town address as a kid.

Cool! I live in Collings Lakes, the municipality that is part Williamstown, part Buena, part Hammonton, part Folsom. Very confusing writing my town address as a kid.
I do know Collings Lakes. I had a cousin in Richland who used to hang out with people from Collings Lakes. I lived in Nesco. Don't know if you ever went to the fire company's haunted hayride there. It was supposed to be pretty good for a dinky little rural fire company's Halloween hayride. That was right up the street from my house.
Of course now I'm far, far away in Honolulu which, in some ways, I give praise to the powers that be for getting me out of that redneck backassward town.

Yeah I knew a guy from Nesco, kinda red-neckish. An indie wrestler I think. He moved a few years ago to New Orleans because even an indie wrestler who lets a cattle prod hit him is smart enougth to want to get out of there. And no I am not making that up about the cattle prod. Indie wrestling is hardcore.

I might've gone on the Nesco firehouse, I went on hay-rides all the time as a kid.

I can't believe you not only know Nesco, but you know someone else from there! I'm related to like half the town. I joke that my dad's family uses Dueling Banjos as their theme.

I just got back from the doctor about the second complication from my most recent surgery $&@#%!!

I spent ages sewing my daughter's badges on her sash just to find out they were iron on!!!!

And while I'm in a mood, Jessica Simpson's new Weight Watchers ads make me want to scream. She is nothing like normal people....getting paid $4,000,000 to lose weight and an army of staff to help her....she sucks.

I just got home from the ER. My daughter tripped this afternoon and tried to use her chin to break her fall. She's now glued back together (dermabond) and I have a headache.

Cajungal

Staff member
I wish that people in general (myself included) were better about approaching a stranger in a polite way. My sister in law chooses to whine on facebook about a guy drumming on a counter and then brags about scaring him with a dirty look. He's probably a nice guy who would have stopped if she'd just said that it was bothering her. But no, let's write one of those stupid, undeliverable letters on Facebook. "Dear annoying guy at the counter..."
Blech. So stupid. (She actually didn't start her post that way, but I see it so often.)

I just got home from the ER. My daughter tripped this afternoon and tried to use her chin to break her fall. She's now glued back together (dermabond) and I have a headache.
As someone who has at least two stitches scars under his chin (no dermabond for me) from doing the same thing twice; I feel both your, and your daughter's pain.

I wish that people in general (myself included) were better about approaching a stranger in a polite way. My sister in law chooses to whine on facebook about a guy drumming on a counter and then brags about scaring him with a dirty look. He's probably a nice guy who would have stopped if she'd just said that it was bothering her. But no, let's write one of those stupid, undeliverable letters on Facebook. "Dear annoying guy at the counter..."
Blech. So stupid. (She actually didn't start her post that way, but I see it so often.)
I believe you mean "Dear People in General, I really wish you were better about..."

But, I do understand how you feel. At the same time, I feel like sometimes those rants are necessary because I can't just go up to someone and say, "It's nice of you to laugh and loudly repeat, 'I'm so bad with technology!' but none of us care, we just really want to know why the hell, your deficient technological skill being the case, you chose to use the self-checkout at the grocery store." I need some way to outlet that vexation, and the internet is here for me.

Damnit Microsoft! It's not either the wrong password. You let me on to CorpNet with it, for crying out loud! Just let me send emails!!!!

I feel your pain. I got my lawn mower fixed just in time for it to stop raining completely. I'm pretty sure I'm done for the year now. The grass is all brown, and it's starting to freeze at night.

I would say that many of us have been taught that we have to just put up with other people's habits, mildly inappropriate actions (laughing too loudly, having a phone conversation in public, drumming their fingers, etc.), and odd behaviors. People are afraid to offend others or to create conflict over something that is minor, but yet annoying. The guy at the counter might have been very nice and maybe he would have stopped if asked. However, the scenario in your sister-in-law's mind could be that he would get angry and jump down her throat for her request. Who wants to fight over something so trivial? And yet it was irksome, so she needed a way to safely complain and elicit some empathy by people she knew would tell her it's ok to feel that way.

Cajungal

Staff member
I would say that many of us have been taught that we have to just put up with other people's habits, mildly inappropriate actions (laughing too loudly, having a phone conversation in public, drumming their fingers, etc.), and odd behaviors. People are afraid to offend others or to create conflict over something that is minor, but yet annoying. The guy at the counter might have been very nice and maybe he would have stopped if asked. However, the scenario in your sister-in-law's mind could be that he would get angry and jump down her throat for her request. Who wants to fight over something so trivial? And yet it was irksome, so she needed a way to safely complain and elicit some empathy by people she knew would tell her it's ok to feel that way.
Yeah, she wasn't the best example, just the one that set me off. I shouldn't have even engaged her, honestly. She and I have discussions like this all the time, and I will never understand her ability to take every minor annoyance so personally. Why not change seats instead of being the person who gives a dirty look over drumming fingernails??? Also, I have no sympathy for people who study at a cafe and then complain about the noise. They are places where people are social.

I guess a better example would be the "People are so _____. You know who you are" posts, and the ones directed at businesses. Now, if a manager has blown you off and been rude after you brought something to their attention, that's one thing. But I cannot understand people badmouthing a company on facebook or some similar site without making any attempt to communicate with a manager. Feedback is the bottom line. If people don't know what's wrong, they can't change anything. Y'all are right; venting about people you barely know is one thing. But I feel like important messages are getting lost in status messages when they should be delivered to someone's face.

I have to agree, Seej, about not giving feedback to managers or business owners if you are not satisfied. Unless you (the customer) are a total asshat most people in management do what they can in order to make sure the customers are satisfied with the product or service. If you don't bring it to their attention that there is a problem, then it can't ever be resolved.
Also, I could never study in a cafe. I am too much of a people watcher.

Might just need a new bag (or have a leak).

--Patrick
Checked it, bag is fine. Pretty sure its just old. I can sometimes use hose mode but the thing is so old that the attachments pop out like every 2 minutes. It makes what should be an hour of cleaning take two hours at times.