Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I did it back when I was... 17? I guess? It was pretty cool, blood everywhere, but the RELIEF when I did it was so palpable, I almost felt like a cigarette. *chuckles wryly*

GasBandit

Staff member
I did it back when I was... 17? I guess? It was pretty cool, blood everywhere, but the RELIEF when I did it was so palpable, I almost felt like a cigarette. *chuckles wryly*
I had a doctor do mine. It wasn't completely ingrown, but enough to get infected a lot. I went to him after having had it infected for a month straight and it was so painful at the time I couldn't even put a sock over it. So he numbed me up with a couple cortisone shots and then broke out the pliers. At that point my mind said "Ok, I'm gonna go run a few errands now, back later." The procedure felt a little odd but it didn't hurt... then the doc asked me "do you want to see it?" and I said "Hell no I don't want to see it! You just ripped my toenail off with a pair of pliers! Why would I want to see it?!" And then he showed it to me anyway, the nail looked like a slice of onion. I still averted my eyes from the toe until it was bandaged up and all. Couldn't really walk for a couple days, but like I said... Hydrocodone does the trick.

Had my big toes go under the knife when I was a lad (yes, of COURSE I watched). All ended up doing was trading one problem for another. I no longer get the infections, instead now I have a couple splinters I grow myself that stab the sides of my toes when I least expect it. I keep saying it's something I want to take care of, but since it only bugs me about once every 5 months, it's a really low priority.

--Patrick

One of my buddies, who also happened to be a professional fighter, yanked out 1/3 of his toe nails because of how ingrown they all were. He said it was no big deal. He also says getting punched in the face is no big deal. He's a professional 3D animator and photographic designer now.

Had a really bad day today. Yesterday, I had some pretty good classroom management and discipline. Today? Ugh, pretty close to the opposite, despite trying some techniques. Worse, I ran out of time twice and had to rush through certain lessons. On top of that, I was planning on driving to Halifax after school to spend Thanksgiving with my family. But after today, I was just too exhausted and frazzled that I'd be no shape for a 4+ hour drive.

At the very least, I know the cure for a bad day: beer, pizza, and a zombie flick.

In-grown nails are the freakin' worst. It was worse for me when I was a kid cos I was a nail butter and wouldn't stop until I bit the nail to the bottom. Learn from my mistakes.

So yeah, trying to not drink/eat coffee/cafeine for a month. It has its difficulties, mostly the GLARING HEAD-ACHE I am having on and off through-out today. I feel even crankier than normal.

Took two of the big rats to the vet; one clean bill of health, the other not so much. But that's not the whiny part. Let's run down how my past rats have taken medicine:

The two little ones: squirm a bit, but drink it up.

Baby who died: willingly put his mouth around the syringe exit and drank.

One big brother: squirmed, but surrendered.

Other big brother: goes limp and lets us give him meds.

Last big brother: FUCKING SCRATCHY HELLSPAWN.

I am getting migraines off and on through-out the day. My brain feels like what I assume a hang-over is. Seriously I don't get hang-overs, its like a power I have.

I'm sure people are sick of hearing about the damn rats. Me too! I'm sick of them being sick and dying this year.

Tomorrow we take the twerp rat in to be put to sleep. I feel bad for his brother, and I feel bad we can't help him, but he's doing this to himself. How can you help something that won't accept help?

It's gonna be some time before the remaining big one can live with the babies. He's been well-behaved, but when he tried to pick one up by the scruff of his neck the way a mother would, he missed and pulled on the baby's face instead. The baby didn't freak out and didn't get hurt, but it underscored how a rat a dozen times their size could hurt them without meaning to. We'll just have to show him a lot of attention.

I can't say there will be a great loss putting this particular other rat to sleep. The medicine refusal is just the last step in how he's been his whole life--a spiteful little jerk.

One of my buddies, who also happened to be a professional fighter, yanked out 1/3 of his toe nails because of how ingrown they all were. He said it was no big deal. He also says getting punched in the face is no big deal. He's a professional 3D animator and photographic designer now.
???

This week could've been better. I mixed up the art project for next week, for the one for this week. My teacher liked it which is good, but its still embarrassing.

Bluh.
So I talked to my girlfriend and even said I wanted to end it.
She was visibly upset. I don't like seeing her upset. I already had her crying in my lap last weekend. :(
So in order to give this one last possible chance we are all going to talk after the weekend.
All three of us. :/
I have no idea what's going to happen.
I just know that I don't want to lose her but I don't want this drama either.
Life is hard.
Seems to me that life is hard by putting yourself into difficult situations. A relationship is already hard enough to keep running well, much less adding the additional issues you have. Again, I'm not downing on anyone's life choice, I just personally couldn't be with someone who tells someonelse the same things they tell me (I love you, I need you etc etc)

GasBandit

Staff member
I believe it is possible to love more than one person at the same time.
Though maybe not all at the same intensity?
I also have a boyfriend. I guess I forgot to mention that. :p
He's okay with it and he knows I love him very much. :)
Many cultures on earth have no problem with polyamory. It's still a hard sell around here though. I believe it to be a sign of insecurity - monogamy is basically a tool to make sure even the least suitable can find someone willing to settle for them.

I often assert everything we're taught about love is wrong - it is not forever, nor is it necessarily restricted to one person, and it certainly does not conquer all.

Simply put, I can no longer provide any kind of opinion or advice because now that there is a 4th party involved I'm all out of words.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'd say that the majority of human beings, at one time or another, are in fact overcome with love to the point where they make significant decisions that they would not otherwise make if they were not in love.

Thus, while there are likely exceptions, love can be said to conquer all.
That sounds more like "love makes you do dumb things." Which I think we can all attest is true.