Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Oh those things can be the worst this time of year. And when you see it, sometimes it'l fly away where you can't see and the search for the annoying thingamajig begins again!

Oh those things can be the worst this time of year. And when you see it, sometimes it'l fly away where you can't see and the search for the annoying thingamajig begins again!
This cricket is my fault. They escaped when I was feeding Yoshi. I got one but the other has now developed noise makers and it is damn near constant. AHHHH.

My house is just full of the buggers at times. My house is old and the doors have cracks in em where bug and what-not can climb in.[DOUBLEPOST=1348166453][/DOUBLEPOST]
You were feeding Yoshimickster a cricket? What did I miss here?
ALL RIGHT I ADMIT IT! I am actuality Little Sin's pet uh...iguana? And when she's not looking I use my tiny computer to on halforums, or write my webcomic. THE TRUTH COMES OUT!

Edit: Okay this is weird I was trying to post a normal post after Neon Pirate but it keeps merging with the one above his post.

I am so damn exhausted today that I just wanna go home, but even if I did leave work early (not a problem for me, really, as I can just make up the time later) I have to drive across or around the lake and go to a butcher's shop to look for good meat because we can't find any damn decent meat at local grocery stores right now, and then drive home. And this coffee just doesn't pack the same punch with Equal as it does with sugar, but I'm trying to cut down on sugar intake when it's just sugar for the sake of sugar.

I am so damn exhausted today that I just wanna go home, but even if I did leave work early (not a problem for me, really, as I can just make up the time later) I have to drive across or around the lake and go to a butcher's shop to look for good meat because we can't find any damn decent meat at local grocery stores right now, and then drive home. And this coffee just doesn't pack the same punch with Equal as it does with sugar, but I'm trying to cut down on sugar intake when it's just sugar for the sake of sugar.
Um, insert FWP meme here?

Also, do you live near a Trader Joe's?

--Patrick

Um, insert FWP meme here?

Also, do you live near a Trader Joe's?

--Patrick
Nope. Nearest Trader Joe's is probably 15 to 20 miles away. My local supermarkets consist of Safeway x2, Alberstons, QFC, Fred Meyer's, and a Top Food and Drug. The Top used to be pretty good, but they've slashed their selection of fresh vegetables, meat, and seafood to almost none and they have a frequent habit of keeping moldy/rotten produce in their displays, and greenish/blackish meat in their meat cases; and their prices have gone up enormously recently. Safeway used to be good too, but instead of having over-ripe produce, they seem intent to sell under-ripe stuff, and their butchers appear to've forgotten how to cut meat as the last three or four times I've been there the cuts of beef that are supposed to have good marbling and/or a decent fat cap on them are lean as hell and the stuff that's supposed to be lean has almost an inch of fat all around the outsides (and not the tasty kind of fat either). Albertsons is, and always has been, just a cheap depository of low-quality crap; and that crap is getting even lower in quality recently. QFC is the one bright spot on the radar, but they appear to've either ordered way too much beef as an organization, or the local one ordered too much, because they've been running buy 1 get 1 free deals on all kinds of beef for weeks now, but don't have any roasts at all, only thin-ass steaks (as opposed to thin ass-steaks) and if you try to buy anything out of the butcher's case, which all looks good, you get a 10 minute song and dance routine about how horrible all of the stuff in the case is and how they do horrible things to it - from the actual butchers.

So instead I went to the legitimate, stand-alone butcher shop on the north end. And it was good. Everything was fresh, things that should be local are local (we don't really have much of a pork industry in state), they're willing (and able) to cut things the way you want them cut, and the prices were actually a lot better than any of our grocery stores would have been, for what I bought. Though it did take me 4 hours to get home.

And yeah, it's a FWP, but that's why it's in the whine thread, instead of one of the legitimate rant threads.

I hate being broke these days. Especially at this particular moment...

...because the 4th season of Castle just came out on DVD. It's the one show I want to make an exception about pirating and I can't even explain why. :(

That's...pretty much it. :p Well, and Beckett, too.

But good news. I'd complained about it on Facebook, as well. Mom's offered to pay for it. :)

This cricket. It has not stopped chirping for 36 hours now. It just goes non-stop. I don't know what to do. I can't FIND the bloody thing.

Finally managed to acquire Diablo III* on Fri afternoon, with Sat as an off day to get deep into it.
Got sick Fri night after busy day at work, full-blown all day Saturday, have to work early Sun morn.
Well, at least I guess that means I don't have to take a sick day off work.**

Also, James Hong is hilarious.

--Patrick
*Legitimately, of course.
**Silver lining? Yay?

Up late working on a project I procrastinated on, decided to sleep for a couple hours so I'd be less tired, woke up tired and having a headache.

It's not a cricket.

It is my fridge that is making this god awful sound. My land lord is out of town.

This is worst then me thinking its a cricket because now I have something I want to SMASH and it's too big and nesscary for me to do so.