Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

GasBandit

Staff member
Moving day! Yaaaay!

I hurt and smell so bad. Booo.

But now I can sleep here.

Nibbles has not been a fan of the move. He is refusing to come out of his carrier.

Dave

Staff member
My wife knows I like hot chocolate and went WAY out of her way to buy me a bunch of "gourmet" hot chocolates. They all taste like ass. Ass & chocolate. But she was so sweet and excited that I'm drinking every one of them. Or, you know, disappearing them when she's not around. I brew them up & pour them out so it looks like I dirtied a cup. I did tell her that it was too expensive so she won't do it again.

Yes, I know I could have talked to her about how badly they taste, but she was doing something very nice and I didn't want to dash those good vibes.

My wife knows I like hot chocolate and went WAY out of her way to buy me a bunch of "gourmet" hot chocolates. They all taste like ass. Ass & chocolate. But she was so sweet and excited that I'm drinking every one of them. Or, you know, disappearing them when she's not around. I brew them up & pour them out so it looks like I dirtied a cup. I did tell her that it was too expensive so she won't do it again.

Yes, I know I could have talked to her about how badly they taste, but she was doing something very nice and I didn't want to dash those good vibes.
You're making them with milk and not hot water right? I'm sure you can read directions, but I've also seen people who think gourmet hot chocolate sucks also not realize you use hot milk.

GasBandit

Staff member

You remember that God awful torture soap I ranted about that Pauline got me?

They are for the Keureg. So no milk possible.
Unless it has coffee/some other component that specifically needs filtering, you can slice the top off and decant the contents into the pre-warmed liquid of your choosing - most of the hot chocolate mixes are just like what you'd get in a packet/tub at the store. You can say that you're making them "extra-gourmet" or somesuch by adding milk if asked why you're de-Keurig-ing it!

...or you could try putting milk through your Keurig, if you don't want to have a functional Keurig for much longer.

"Hot chocolate" from coffee machines tends to suck.
A proper hot chocolate is
A) with milk
B) Not boiling (should be even slightly cooler than tea water, so around 75°-80°C)
C) Unsweetened

Of course, whether you prefer with black or milk chocolate and so on will have a big impact. Plenty of tastes that can be OK. I personally like my hot chocolate with some hot chili pepper sprinkled on top and/or a dab of honey, but hey.

Since filing my police report, I've noticed a slight uptick in spam in the e-mail address I listed on the form. I wonder if Mesa PD knows about this...

Violent stomach flu last weekend and now I have a swollen, sore throat and a headache.

I still had to take my anti-rejection meds so it will be a slow recovery.

The highlight of the hotel in middle of nowhere NFLD I am at now is Brittany Snow and her 2 screaming toddlers. I may ask for her autograph.

I came home from vacation with an annoying head cold (picked it up 3 days before flying home).

The flights (11.5hours) did not help any, and I still have no voice, am constantly coughing, and my head is so very clogged up. Oh, and I have chills and sweats now too! I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow, and I have some doubts.

The World is getting to me again. I try not to get worked up over stuff, but it's just....Gah. Internationally, obviously, between Trump and Johnson and Hong Kong and Ukraine and Greta and all that. Nationally, not that anyone here cares about Belgian politics but me. And no, this is not a political post - that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Everything is just...so hostile these days. Whether ti's politics, or games, or a series, or whatever, these days you're either a HUGE FAN AND LOVE IT or you ABSOLUTELY HATE EVERY SECOND OF IT and there's no middle ground. I'm not saying the center is always the right spot to be - that's what lead to appeasement. I'm not saying there aren't black and white issues. But these days EVERYTHING is a DRAMA and EVERYTHING is important and you HAVE TO CARE and you HAVE TO KNOW and you HAVE TO everything. I have an opinion about modern music. I have an opinion about the climate. I have an opinion about the new boss at work, and their policies. I have an opinion about religion in schools. I have an opinion about anything and everything, sure. I've posted in plenty of political threads here, and I've fought and defended on a thousand battlegrounds.
But nowadays it's just....Never ending. Everywhere, anywhere, always, there's just always SO MUCH PRESSURE on you to be "right". "I can't be friends with someone who is/isnt X" is the theme of the year, and it's just exhausting.

I dunno, I don't even necessarily feel depressed this time around, just.....So. So. So very tired. Why bother? Why can't I just be? Oh no, not taking action, not getting involved -that means you're with them. You're not a good guy for not reacting or not caring - or for caring. It's all just too much, and I've had it.
I just want the whole world to stop for a few weeks or months and allow me to sleeeeeeeep so I have energy again. Doing nothing, I feel guilty. Doing something, I feel guilty because there's always something better or more important you should be doing. Blegh.

I came home from vacation with an annoying head cold (picked it up 3 days before flying home).

The flights (11.5hours) did not help any, and I still have no voice, am constantly coughing, and my head is so very clogged up. Oh, and I have chills and sweats now too! I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow, and I have some doubts.
Guess who has the flu!
And probably a bacterial infection too!

Blarg.

Physically exhausted, come home to hear people screaming and threatening each other because my sister is a self-centered ungrateful bitch who uses her daughter as a weapon and shield against our parents.
Life is great.

And there I was, innocently chewing on a Starburst, when it suddenly got a bit chunky. Gee, I thought I got that crown secured last month...