Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

GasBandit

Staff member
There's this "it" I've tried to define for myself that seems to be lacking in the so-called "stupid" people. I think it's a kind of extra-self awareness. When I was younger, I used to just call it "it". These people don't get "it". They don't have a strong perception of an existence outside themselves. It's something more elusive and difficult to define than that, but it always seems like you can see it in their faces and hear it in their speech.
I think I know what you're talking about - I can't entirely define "it" either, but it largely incorporates an inability to rationally analyze the world around them objectively instead of subjectively. They can't understand the importance of anything that doesn't pertain directly and tangibly to themselves. They also can't understand the importance of anything they can't understand. These people only directly understand their own pleasure or discomfort, and even that only in so far as they know to be upset about it.

My right shoulder muscles are killing me from throwing a football around with my son for the last two nights. The kid's got a great spiral for a 7 year old. I think I want him to try out for peewee/little league/Pop Warner (whatever it is they have here) football this year. I am going to hate myself for this I'm sure.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also when I turn it makes this "click-click" sound whenever I turn. When I'm driving under 25 its quiet, but once I go over it gets MAD loud.
Interestingly enough I had this exact problem a year or so ago. In my case, it turned out to be a problem with my rear suspension bearings and bushings, ran me about $125 to fix. The good news is that it isn't likely to fail catastrophically if you need a while to save up the dough to pay for the repairs, as I drove between here and albuquerque and back with the problem in place (and the music turned up LOUD).

Also when I turn it makes this "click-click" sound whenever I turn. When I'm driving under 25 its quiet, but once I go over it gets MAD loud.
Same kind of thing happened to me as what GB posted. My car sounded like a school bus when I went over a certain speed. Turned out to be bad bearings. I think it was closer to $200 for me to have fixed.

That was when I was living in NJ actually. And it is entirely possible I got ripped off since my dad used to recommend "friends" of his to work on my car and they usually would try to bleed me dry.
Funny story, my previous car from my Uncle's friend. The car had a busted window motor, a window motor that worked but for some reason the original owner switched the wires, and a shabby brake-line that I didn't know was shabby and also probably not the seller as he got it from another guy. Ended up selling the thing since the part couldn't be replaced. Its a damn shame to, it was a cool looking car.

Cajungal

Staff member
After care at my school is so depressing... 3 year olds who've been there since 7:30 waiting around til 5. With 2 bored college girls. Bummer.

fade

Staff member
This really is a FWP, but I am annoyed that Google has removed the link to Reader in the GMail menu. Now I have to have to manually type it in. The horror!

Oh hello, list of a handful of girls I'd like to message on OKCupid without sounding like a bumbling idiot but don't have any really casual way to break the ice.

We meet again.

Oh hello, list of a handful of girls I'd like to message on OKCupid without sounding like a bumbling idiot but don't have any really casual way to break the ice.

We meet again.

Allow me to help.

"Hey baby, wanna find out why I call my penis The Gusto?"

"You + Me = rocketride to bonertown"

"Hey gurl, how about you let me put my penis inside your vagina?"

"Hey, I don't normally do this, but you looked really interesting and I wondered if you'd be willing to tell me a bit more about yourself?

Hah, I'm just messin' with you. Let's fuck."

We meet again.
"Hey there. I like what you're wearing in your profile picture(s). I bet that outfit would look even better on my bedroom floor."