Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Cajungal

Staff member
Christ... I know I've complained about this before, but this annoys me so much...

Who hasn't realized that it's obnoxious to talk about wanting a gay best friend because he'll pick out nice outfits and talk about boys with you?

fade

Staff member
"My mom said you look like you'd make a great daughter in law"

"Are you real, or just one of the voices in my head?"

"I really like that Thrift Shop song. It replaced Gangnam Style as my ringtone."

Oh hello, list of a handful of girls I'd like to message on OKCupid without sounding like a bumbling idiot but don't have any really casual way to break the ice.

We meet again.
I've been thinking of joining a dating site lately, but I have a fear that I would be in this scenario too.

Sometimes, when I am struggling to write an email because I want to phrase it 'just right', I just turn off my filter and write what I would normally be too nervous to say. Even to my boss, or potential employers. For me, that's willing to put sarcastic, dry humour in fairly serious emails. I guess in a sense I'm giving you the most cliche advice of all: be yourself.

I now hate myself for going the cliche route.

If someone has a profile on the site and recent activity, they already know they're going to be messaged or potentially be messaged. It's not like approaching someone on the street who you don't know what's going on with them. People typically sign up for these sites to meet others; much of the ice-breaking groundwork is already cut out. You just have to make yourself appealing, but as far as how to message, assume she's already expecting a message, and may be excited about getting one.

Being sick sucks. Then going to work sick sucks, and then not resting so the sickness gets worse also sucks. Now I'm gonna be out for a good chunk of next week when we could really use the money.

But what annoys me is that I want to do stuff. I want to be writing, I want to get stuff tidied up around the house, I want to clean the animal cages yesterday, not waiting for my less-sick wife to get up so I'm not potentially infecting their living spaces. No, I have to rest and play games and do nothing. That's fun for a day, but I get restless not being productive. And around the time I need to be taking another dose of meds, ALL the symptoms come roaring back, sometimes with blood.

Bleh.

Protip: If you're a little bit hungry, but not starving, and you can't decide between pro-biotic yogurt drink and crackers - do not go with both. The yogurt drink will be plenty, the crackers will probably be plenty, the combination of the two will be far too much. You will be uncomfortable. You will need a heating pad for your stomach. You will not sleep well.

Well I feel like shit today. Throat sore, nose clogged, sun-burnt face, head-aches, and I am tired. However, I found out there are pills for people with an excess of iron in their systems! Which may be a major reason why I am such damn pain all the time.

Well I feel like shit today. Throat sore, nose clogged, sun-burnt face, head-aches, and I am tired. However, I found out there are pills for people with an excess of iron in their systems! Which may be a major reason why I am such damn pain all the time.
What are you eating that has so much iron in it?

Special Super Discount Box of the 6 Star Wars movies still costs €90 ($115 or thereabout) on DVD. Exact samep rice on Blue Ray.
Dear Lucas, these boxes are 8 years old. the movies on them are a lot older. I admit they're classics, and I don't expect to buy them for €2. But perhaps, just perhaps, they shouldn't be priced as brand new movies? I can literally buy The Hobbit on DVD for the same price as Return of the Jedi. That's ridiculous.

fade

Staff member
Sometimes I find myself in a daze, half-staring at a picture on my newsreader, trying to get the joke. Then I realize it's not one of the funny image feeds.

Special Super Discount Box of the 6 Star Wars movies still costs €90 ($115 or thereabout) on DVD. Exact samep rice on Blue Ray.
Dear Lucas, these boxes are 8 years old. the movies on them are a lot older. I admit they're classics, and I don't expect to buy them for €2. But perhaps, just perhaps, they shouldn't be priced as brand new movies? I can literally buy The Hobbit on DVD for the same price as Return of the Jedi. That's ridiculous.
Lucas has no say in pricing anymore. You should direct your anger towards Disney.

GasBandit

Staff member
I am starting to feel like I need to mention hemochromatosis just to fit in...
Idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis,
Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious,
If you hear the murmur you can make the diagnosis,
Idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis!

I got a horrible case of conjunctivitis (pinkeye) from my kids and my eye is so swollen up that I'm essentially down to one eye. Did I mention I'm still at work because the schedule on this bloody project is so compressed that I can't afford to miss time? I just want to go home and sleep.

I got a horrible case of conjunctivitis (pinkeye) from my kids and my eye is so swollen up that I'm essentially down to one eye. Did I mention I'm still at work because the schedule on this bloody project is so compressed that I can't afford to miss time? I just want to go home and sleep.
I would brofist you, but... you know... pinkeye. Stienman's a brave one.

I'm sick again :(

I really hope this doesn't turn into another sinus infection. I've already had two since my nose was broken and it will be months to see the surgeon.