Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

You show incredible restraint, TPFKAZE. I'd probably either cuss him out or launch a right hook at him.
Though me and Julie are close to the same age, her parents had her much later than mine had me, so he's near 15 years older than my parents. Beating up a 70-year-old isn't a good look even if he is a piece of shit :p.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm getting 100+ms ping times to google. Hell, I'm getting 150ms ping times to my WORKPLACE, 1.5 miles away. Local messageboards have suddenly lit up with problems "Is y'all's suddenlink down too?" Cable company swear's there's no problem on their end. Yes, yes, I did the whole "unplug your modem and plug it back in" placebo shuffle before I even called support, buddy. Singularly unhelpful. I can see where the problem is on my tracert, it's 4 hops up where 8ms turns to 70. Support staff on the phone has nothing for me. "Wull... wull.. we could schedule a technician to come out and check" don't fuckin bother. It won't be tonight, so why even go through the motions? Tomorrow morning you'll have either found and fixed the problem or not, but either way I'm kinda hosed for playing online tonight. And I had stuff I wanted to do, too...

Support staff on the phone has nothing for me. "Wull... wull.. we could schedule a technician to come out and check" don't fuckin bother. It won't be tonight, so why even go through the motions? Tomorrow morning you'll have either found and fixed the problem or not, but either way I'm kinda hosed for playing online tonight. And I had stuff I wanted to do, too...
I have similar problems whenever my Charter goes down. Troubleshoot, isolate to somewhere outside my TA, tether to my phone, get online with support from laptop, “we are not showing any problems in your area, sorry.” Chat operator disconnects. Keep checking status, 30min later alert finally goes up “we are experiencing issues in your area, service may be affected” NO KIDDING REALLY

—Patrick

I'm getting 100+ms ping times to google. Hell, I'm getting 150ms ping times to my WORKPLACE, 1.5 miles away. Local messageboards have suddenly lit up with problems "Is y'all's suddenlink down too?" Cable company swear's there's no problem on their end. Yes, yes, I did the whole "unplug your modem and plug it back in" placebo shuffle before I even called support, buddy. Singularly unhelpful. I can see where the problem is on my tracert, it's 4 hops up where 8ms turns to 70. Support staff on the phone has nothing for me. "Wull... wull.. we could schedule a technician to come out and check" don't fuckin bother. It won't be tonight, so why even go through the motions? Tomorrow morning you'll have either found and fixed the problem or not, but either way I'm kinda hosed for playing online tonight. And I had stuff I wanted to do, too...
Pfft, that's my normal ping.

I'm growing to hate everything about working at [American-Italian family restaurant chain with questionable claims of authenticness]. My second job at the print shop is nice, but they're still only giving me two days a week. My freelance gigs are trickling in at a glacial pace. I feel like it's time to polish the resume and look for a real full time job.

my dad has been dead 3 years as of this week, it still sucks, I no longer cry but instead just remember him fondly, but i still miss the shit out of the old bulldog, he was a fucking rock of fortitude in a sea of madness, now I have to be that rock for others and im just a simple dude of moderate means.

my dad has been dead 3 years as of this week, it still sucks, I no longer cry but instead just remember him fondly, but i still miss the shit out of the old bulldog, he was a fucking rock of fortitude in a sea of madness, now I have to be that rock for others and im just a simple dude of moderate means.
Your dad probably had similar doubts, but did it because he knew his family needed it. Just like you're doing. I'm sure he'd be proud of you.

Your dad probably had similar doubts, but did it because he knew his family needed it. Just like you're doing. I'm sure he'd be proud of you.
I think this entire strip may be applicable, in various ways:

thanks to @Eriol and @Ravenpoe for the words of encouragement. Its been a hard month full of stress, my body and mind have been assaulted daily on all sides, to which Ive felt and watched myself slowly falling to pieces. this will be my first weekend off in a month and the plan is to use the cadre of drugs available to me to basically nuke my mind and body into a state of rest and recovery. I am taking a break from being a responsible adult this weekend to try to put myself back together. I'm apologizing now for oversharing, but someone had to see it. I trust you guys not to steamroll me over this. thank you for your time.

I trust you guys not to steamroll me over this.
Why would we? We all have our own issues. We might need your help someday.
Get comfortable, then come back. Stop by Discord from time to time, the great thing about voice chat is that it doesn't get written down anywhere to haunt you later.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Staff member
My new third grade partner sent me a slightly panicky email about how she's confused about certain instructions or deadlines. She asked if we could meet at her house or at school. I told her I'd be here every day from late morning til early afternoon until school starts, and we could meet any day she wants.

I've heard nothing back. She missed a deadline to mail out a letter to her homeroom students, and I've texted her to remind her of when I'm available and to just hit me back if she has any questions right away.

This does not bode well for the year. Who knows--maybe something really important came up. She's got 2 kids; maybe one of them is sick. Maybe she's just overwhelmed. I don't know. But I'm not feeling a lot of generosity of spirit right now. I had to unpack all of our materials by myself, and I printed out all her labels to help her out. A response would be nice.

I woke up ready to work on my stuff, then I take a trip to Facebook because Julie said people had messages for me. It's not like they were bad messages or anything, but I feel drained before 8 AM, and I'm not sure how my therapist expects me to get out there and meet new people when I'm socially hollowed-out over just being on Facebook for 10 minutes. I'm going up to NY to see my friends in two weeks. That should be good enough.

I woke up ready to work on my stuff, then I take a trip to Facebook because Julie said people had messages for me. It's not like they were bad messages or anything, but I feel drained before 8 AM, and I'm not sure how my therapist expects me to get out there and meet new people when I'm socially hollowed-out over just being on Facebook for 10 minutes. I'm going up to NY to see my friends in two weeks. That should be good enough.
You're working a muscle you haven't really worked before, so it's going to be tiring. But just like a real muscle, it will get stronger the more you do it. Don't see being socially drained as a weakness or defeat, instead view it as a victory, because you did something that isn't easy for you. And the more you do it, the more you'll be able to do it.

You're working a muscle you haven't really worked before, so it's going to be tiring. But just like a real muscle, it will get stronger the more you do it. Don't see being socially drained as a weakness or defeat, instead view it as a victory, because you did something that isn't easy for you. And the more you do it, the more you'll be able to do it.
That's a good way of looking at it. Thanks :).

Probably would be best to do some stuff where, rather than planning to meet up with people for a specific event or period of time, have some place I can duck into, have some casual interaction, but not be compelled to stay any longer than I'm up for.

This is also the "secret" solution to getting better at public speaking.

--Patrick

So.

I have a job interview on Wednesday. WHICH IS AMAZING. The job would take me out of the valley and would let me live on my own finally and just..a lot of things.

But I'm so fucking scared. And I feel like no one understands my need to get away from where I am. They don't understand what I'm doing with my life and it's hard to feel so excited about something but equally lonely?

I'm feeling stupid about my divorce, which isn't to say I regret it, but I gave up comfort and stability to give myself a chance at being happy and it's really scary. Which again, is something no one around me understands.

Anyway, life is scary and I hope everyone's doing okay. :heart:

It's been badgering me about that for months. I just ignore the messages, and it keeps working.
I can't. I think they changed it. It is blocking my connection after two minutes. Then it won't let me log in again for ten minutes.

1532981115550.png

Last edited:
OS type/revision, group/domain policy/MDM, reverse IP lookup, who knows?
I wouldn't be surprised if it's as simple as "is either machine on a domain? Commercial use!" That's going to be greater than 99% correct for that at least one of the machines is business-owned.

GasBandit

Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if it's as simple as "is either machine on a domain? Commercial use!" That's going to be greater than 99% correct for that at least one of the machines is business-owned.
None of my machines belong to a domain, but that is probably one of the triggers. I think it got to me when I added a machine to my account that ran Windows Server 2016.