Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Ceej, it was over some writing, and something I said about that writing.

TLDR version is, I used to be part of a pretty damn good bunch of writers of fanfic for a particular webcomic. And in a passive-aggressive maneuver I just got banned from the "writer's guild" that we had set up for the fan fic - which no one had actually used in years at that point.

BananaHands

Staff member
My friend/coworker who I have no real problems with adopted a rescue dog who is pretty rough with my dog. It wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that he always camps out where I work for hours on end and my dog has to endure this other dog playing rough and making her uncomfortable/scared the entire time. I've had to stop them playing several times and he usually goes on about how 'she's a rescue she doesn't really know how to play' and justifies it all - but I'm worried that my dog will start picking up some habits from this dog and I really don't enjoy how the second he comes in with the dog Cassie basically loses her space.

So I feel like I have to have a conversation with him tomorrow where I basically have to go "listen, it's nothing personal but I don't really want our dogs enclosed like this for hours on end and playing like that' and hope that it doesn't screw up a friendship.

There's a certain ... style about them, that's for sure.

--Patrick
As someone who may or may not be into bdsm... Goreans are the worst. If anyone describes themselves as living a gorean lifestyle, run. They are the bronies of the bdsm world.

... Or so I've heard.

(shrug) To each their own. I've known a number of Goreans. I've known a number of 'mainstream' M/s folks. I never did understand what the fuss was about between the two camps.

While the Gorean lifestyle may revolve around how Norman portrayed male/female relations in his books, it was really no more (and definitely no less) stylized and ritualized than the 'mainstream' M/s folks. Both crowds adopt a very specific uniform and a very specific set of social rules.

(shrug) To each their own. I've known a number of Goreans. I've known a number of 'mainstream' M/s folks. I never did understand what the fuss was about between the two camps.

While the Gorean lifestyle may revolve around how Norman portrayed male/female relations in his books, it was really no more (and definitely no less) stylized and ritualized than the 'mainstream' M/s folks. Both crowds adopt a very specific uniform and a very specific set of social rules.
There's nothing "wrong" in the same way there's nothing inherently wrong about people who like my little pony. I really do think that is an apt comparison, because it's not the source itself, but the creepy but very visible minority of weirdos that it seems to draw.

There's nothing "wrong" in the same way there's nothing inherently wrong about people who like my little pony. I really do think that is an apt comparison, because it's not the source itself, but the creepy but very visible minority of weirdos that it seems to draw.
The gorean weirdos I knew were no more weird or creepy than the M/s bdsm crowd. But I don't want to discuss it here. I'm gonna post about it in the nsfw forums.

We finally got some newer, flatter pillows that still offer support and won't just completely deflate after six months of use (hurray for down, I guess), and my jutting neck issue is starting to resolve. Right now it's at the incredibly painful stage, where I can't move my head to the left at all and the muscles on that side are all tense and burny. I'm so sick of this frelling neck injury. Stupid baseball.

So I'm thinking spend the week of my 50th birthday in NYC. Train round trip is ~$140 from Pittsburgh. Maybe check out the Christmas Spectacular...

Tickets $50-400. Each.

GasBandit

Staff member

One more year of further suffering
There's no point of fucking bluffing
Open up your DETHDAY present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Me: Hm, Incredibles 2 is playing at 11 AM. Think I'll finally go see it now that there's a showtime that finally works for me.

Also me: GODDAMMIT, I CAN'T HAVE POPCORN OR POP BECAUSE OF THE KETO DIET.

Me: Hm, Incredibles 2 is playing at 11 AM. Think I'll finally go see it now that there's a showtime that finally works for me.

Also me: GODDAMMIT, I CAN'T HAVE POPCORN OR POP BECAUSE OF THE KETO DIET.
Your trip to the movies just cost a third of what it otherwise would've!

I long ago gave up on eating and drinking at the movies. I still enjoy them just fine. Well, except for the "they don't make 'em like they used to" old man whine.

TFW you keep wondering why your right eye is struggling so much to focus, and you finally put the lens up towards some light - and discover that there is a maybe barely 2 mm scratch on the lens, right where the focal point is located.

On Friday, Julie had a situation where we went down to urgent care. She thought she was having a heart attack. It was gas. She felt silly, I was just relieved everything was okay, and we went back to work. She made a goofy Facebook post about it that evening.

Cut to yesterday as we're about to leave home on time-sensitive stuff, and my phone says it's her parents' house calling. Old me just ignored those calls, but new me has a more unified sense of self and I don't have a problem confronting them anymore. Her father's on the phone and demands to know why I didn't call him and her mother when she was in a life-and-death situation, why they had to find out about it over Facebook.

It was gas. She said this clearly on Facebook.

I managed to be polite and say when I felt it was a critical issue, he could know about it, instead of asking where was his concern for her bodily health back when he used to beat the hell out of her. He's so old now that being a nuisance is the only way he can exert possessiveness. And they genuinely are mystified as to why she never calls them except on birthdays/holidays.