Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Working on a sermon that I've been banging my head against for while.
Finally get an idea.
Speedy typing and researching and reading commences. Wow. Much progress. Very theology.
Sit back and admire work, it looks good.
Look at clock while word count is calculating.
It's been 15mins, and I only wrote ~400 words.

Dammit!!
There is the argument that the Sermon on the Mount only took about 18-20 minutes for Jesus to speak.

Of course, that was roughly 2,300 words worth of speech, but still.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Over the course of the family reunion this past weekend, I regained 2 pounds >_< Nnnnggh

I thought I had restrained myself pretty well!

GasBandit

Staff member
My cat has taken to sinking his claws into the armrest of my new computer chair and pulling his head up to look at me, whenever he wants attention. It's super cute (and always works) but dammit, cat, I just GOT this chair, and it cost 300 bucks, and you're tearing up the armrest already!

My cat has taken to sinking his claws into the armrest of my new computer chair and pulling his head up to look at me, whenever he wants attention. It's super cute (and always works) but dammit, cat, I just GOT this chair, and it cost 300 bucks, and you're tearing up the armrest already!
[20-25 years later...]
Gas’ family:“Are you kidding? It’s so old! Look how torn up that one armrest is, even.”
Gas: “...yes. Yes it is. And that is why it stays.”

Kati was real sorry to see her old computer desk go, the one where her favorite cat would do the exact same thing right next to where she had her keyboard. She never did anything to cover those scratches, either.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
[20-25 years later...]
Gas’ family:“Are you kidding? It’s so old! Look how torn up that one armrest is, even.”
Gas: “...yes. Yes it is. And that is why it stays.”

Kati was real sorry to see her old computer desk go, the one where her favorite cat would do the exact same thing right next to where she had her keyboard. She never did anything to cover those scratches, either.

—Patrick
"Gas' family" Why you gotta be cuttin' me like that, Pat.

GasBandit

Staff member
Whaddya mean? You just came back from seeing all of ‘em. Are they all over 60 or something?

—Patrick
Well, actually, mostly, yes. I have 4 or 5 cousins that are younger than me (and a younger brother I haven't seen in 8ish years), but apart from that... yeah. But in any case, none of those people would be in a position to comment upon the state of my office furniture. That would imply having family that lived in the house.

That would imply having family that lived in the house.
I was more implying that some of your (geographically) distant relatives had made the lengthy trek in order to help you finally dig your way out of your home office (moving, maybe?) and was hinting at you to get rid of the ol’ chair.

—Patrick

Anthony Bourdains death hit me harder then I care to admit.
As some who has been working in the restaurant/service industry for around 10 years now, he was my hero. I watched every episode he ever did and was an huge inspiration to me.
All the cities I visited, I tried to get to know the lesser known parts, mingle with local people, eat their food (no matter how strange or exotic) and try to never
plan to much ahead but to explore and discover by chance or getting to know people.
Took vacation now for the end of June and im gonna go visit Barcelona and have myself another adventure in his honor.

I am really gonna miss him.

Heh, that reminds me of a conversation I had last year:

Me: It was so weird, I was walking across the park and all of a sudden my eyes were watering so bad I couldn't see
Them: Sounds like allergies
Me: But I'm not allergic to anything
Them: You are now

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal, body!

Heh, that reminds me of a conversation I had last year:

Me: It was so weird, I was walking across the park and all of a sudden my eyes were watering so bad I couldn't see
Them: Sounds like allergies
Me: But I'm not allergic to anything
Them: You are now

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal, body!
I never used to have seasonal allergies either. They just started cropping up over the last few years.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ironically, moving to Texas, with its constant barrage of pollen-based allergens, apparently cured my allergy to cat dander. Hence, I own a cat now. Any contact with a cat back in Colorado would make my eyes swell shut. Literally. Now I rub my face on his fluffy belly without issue.

I'm still having issues out there, but then again the dust & pollution level in the air would trigger a lot of people's allergies.

Every time I think maybe I’ve finally got my head above water I’m reminded that I’m still pretty deep in the baby fog portion of life.

Yesterday was a difficult day, starting at 4 am (toddler with pretty rough diaper rash - resinol ftw), handling a bunch of conflicting priorities, dealing with a business meeting that went three hours longer than scheduled, and I was utterly wrung out when I finally got to bed after 0 dark thirty.

Woke up this morning feeling pretty good, but then noticed my temper rising when three kids were trying to talk to me all at once, something I can usually handle without issue, particularly in the mornings.

So I still need to cancel things and lighten my load. Eventually I’ll be on top of things again, but not today.

Every time I think maybe I’ve finally got my head above water I’m reminded that I’m still pretty deep in the baby fog portion of life.

Yesterday was a difficult day, starting at 4 am (toddler with pretty rough diaper rash - resinol ftw), handling a bunch of conflicting priorities, dealing with a business meeting that went three hours longer than scheduled, and I was utterly wrung out when I finally got to bed after 0 dark thirty.

Woke up this morning feeling pretty good, but then noticed my temper rising when three kids were trying to talk to me all at once, something I can usually handle without issue, particularly in the mornings.

So I still need to cancel things and lighten my load. Eventually I’ll be on top of things again, but not today.
Maybe next time watch a more calming movie before going to bed.

Dave

Staff member
Knowing you were having issues with your anger is so, so, SOOOOO much better than a lot of people. You saw what was happening and are addressing it instead of just being a dick or abusive. I really respect that, man.

GasBandit

Staff member
What I've noticed most over the past couple years is I'm MUCH more sensitive to cold temperatures than I used to be. I used to live in Colorado, for Chrissakes! Now if the AC blows directly on my legs or something, I start having sneezing fits. I am appalled at myself. 10 years ago I'd not have given a single solitary (obscene euphemism for "concern") about cold feet... and now I feel like I'm dying in the winter if I don't have my slippers on in the house.

What I've noticed most over the past couple years is I'm MUCH more sensitive to cold temperatures than I used to be. I used to live in Colorado, for Chrissakes! Now if the AC blows directly on my legs or something, I start having sneezing fits. I am appalled at myself. 10 years ago I'd not have given a single solitary (obscene euphemism for "concern") about cold feet... and now I feel like I'm dying in the winter if I don't have my slippers on in the house.
Colorado really doesn't get that cold in the winter imo. Most of the time it hovers around 50-60, with *occasional* cold snaps that go lower, but maybe CO Springs gets colder.

now I feel like I'm dying in the winter if I don't have my slippers on in the house.
I will routinely still get up in Winter and wander about the house for hours (or until we have guests) in t-shirt and briefs. I admit that half the reason I do this is because everyone else is always like, "How are you not cold?! I feel colder just looking at you!"

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Colorado really doesn't get that cold in the winter imo. Most of the time it hovers around 50-60, with *occasional* cold snaps that go lower, but maybe CO Springs gets colder.
When I lived there, winter temps in the 30s were normal, and 20s were not uncommon. I used to think 50 was brisk but pleasant. Now the instant it dips below 60 I start shivering and sneezing...

I AM OOOLLLLLD

Facebook on mobile browsers now has sounds turned on automatically, and they can't be turned off. Apparently, not a bug but a way to push people to use the app.
Good Lord this is annoying.
You can mute all of fb in chrome, but that means all videos etc too...might be worth it, still.