Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Wow, google is selling it's own products with 2-4 week shipping estimates? That's ridiculous.

Must be why they removed "Don't be evil."
I could've literally taken only public transport starting in my little rural town, round trip, to their warehouse in SoCal to pick it up, and received it sooner. Including Greyhound and Amtrak. That's what annoys me. Had they just been upfront with their shipping time, I would've happily splashed out the little bit of extra money for faster shipping.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a figurative near-heart attack this morning. As I was about to leave for work, I stopped to change the litter in the cat's litterbox. As I was bent over to scrape it all into the trashbag, my google pixel fell out of my pocket, bounced on the carpet, and landed in the cat's full water dish.

Thank goodness for otterboxes. I grabbed it back out as fast as I could, and apparently the case kept the water from getting into any of the holes. I took off the case, dried everything out as best I could... and here 5 hours later, everything seems to work properly... knock on wood.

Fairly sure I caught something at Momocon. Been waking up really tired, have muscle aches all over, more congestion than usual. It's stacking with my pre-existing malaise for extra fun. Made yesterday's job interview (IMO) really bad. Kinda need that side job, since my savings imploded, so I'm hoping it's just my skewed perspective. Carrying a credit card balance, good APR or not, is terrifying to me.

Dave

Staff member
My boss is not in the office. Again. That makes 3 days in a row after a long weekend.

I still have no direction and nothing to do.

Someone broke into my car. They didn't take much (actually explicitly ignored a $20 Canadian bill) but now my car is a huge mess.

So that great job I applied for and had three interviews with last week?

Didn't get it. Because of course I didn't. Don't see why I'm even bothering to apply for anything. I've pretty much accepted that I'll never be full-time employed anywhere.

There are mice at work where there should not be mice.
One was sauntering down the hall outside my office this morning.

Is it because of the Amazon pantry changes?
I've never used their Pantry options, so I don't know what's changing, but they want an additional $119 a year to cover shipping on Prime Pantry, in addition to the $119 a year I pay to cover shipping on regular Prime items?! They can shove that where the sun don't shine.

I've never used their Pantry options, so I don't know what's changing, but they want an additional $119 a year to cover shipping on Prime Pantry, in addition to the $119 a year I pay to cover shipping on regular Prime items?! They can shove that where the sun don't shine.
Hey, Whole Foods is expensive.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I just was notified that our owner has signed a contract to carry Dallas Cowboys Football for the next three years... on our busiest station.

Uuuuuuguggghhhhhhhhhh.

This thing is SUCH a pain in the ass. I can see why we did it previously on our LEAST busiest station, but on our highest billing station? WHY? This will just cause endless headaches for me, and will probably not change our bottom line at all. But all anybody has to ever say to our owner is "we'll pay you to.." "DONE. SOLD. GIMME. GasBandit can figure out what I'm signing, because IDGAF. MONEY." This from the guy who agreed to sell/displace $15000 worth of inventory a month for $2000 a month, because $2000 a month looks like a big number on paper when you don't think about what you're doing.

You know, since I'm pretty sure he's in the final stages of selling us, I'm wondering if this might not be sabotage. After all, the games don't start until August... I hope whoever the new owner ends up being, will kick this to the curb "no, you made that agreement with that OTHER guy, he doesn't own this any more."

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

I have to re-record the narration for my next video. I found a line that cuts off before the end of the sentence. I must've screwed up something in recording it on Audacity.

At least I can import the new narration into the current video draft.

Here's how the line's supposed to read:
"Even by the end of the series, she clearly still has some growing up to do."

Here's how it cuts off: "Even by the end of the series, she clearly still has some grow."

FUCK.

Last edited:
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

I have to re-record the narration for my next video. I found a line that cuts off before the end of the sentence. I must've screwed up something in recording it on Audacity.

At least I can import the new narration into the current video draft.

Here's how the line's supposed to read:
"Even by the end of the series, she clearly still has some growing up to do."

Here's how it cuts off: "Even by the end of the series, she clearly still has some grow."

FUCK.
Part of the Biz. When I was proofing my audiobooks as they were narrated, I ran into a number of cases where the narration cut off too soon. And the guy doing my narration is super professional. Shit happens, and so you go back and fix it.

There are mice at work where there should not be mice.
One was sauntering down the hall outside my office this morning.
So gross!! We used to have nice at work and they left all kinds of “treats” for us. I have no idea if they’re still there or not, but I spent quite a bit of time on my first morning cleaning insect eggs off of my desk, out of my keyboard and from every other possible surface. So gross.

The office had a cleaner on staff. He was there during Mousepoop-Gate and is still here during Mummified Insect Egg Faire.

Two whines for the price of one lol. I came to whine that I am finally tired and just realized that I forgot to take my treatment that’s going to make me super barfy even without the extra meds I’m on at the moment after my procedure.

So I need to take it now and and make a decent sized meal to help with the nausea and dizziness. It’s the same day every week. I wish I was better at remembering this.

Working on a sermon that I've been banging my head against for while.
Finally get an idea.
Speedy typing and researching and reading commences. Wow. Much progress. Very theology.
Sit back and admire work, it looks good.
Look at clock while word count is calculating.
It's been 15mins, and I only wrote ~400 words.

Dammit!!