Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Still needs valve cover gasket to fix oil leak and pass inspection, but after ~$500, the steering wheel is no longer shaking at freeway speed, and brakes aren't going thumpthumpthump under hard braking like a really slow exit ramp.

And it gets better. Their stupidity may cause my LTD monthly payment to be severely delayed. Just fucking wonderful people.

My LTD rep is sympathetic and all, but she can’t cut my chèque without knowing how much I’ve worked.

The last 24 hours have been so stressful exhausting, small wonder I splurged. From work issues, to that I haven't felt this frustrated in months, and I think I genuinely need a news break. And a family break.

"I know what's really happening in immigration because I watch Fox News every daaaay!"
I've worked in this shit 10 years, you diseased Blighttown enemy. I know more than you.

My final yoga teacher training exams were today. Both written and practical (teaching a 40-minute class).

The practical was a disaster. It started out well enough, but then I got more and more nervous, forgetting to say any kind of verbal cues in poses, forcing the class to stay in a pose longer than they should have because I had to check my notes, and just overall growing anxiety.

I wound up breaking down crying near the end and couldn't even finish it. Despite the positive feedback they gave me, I can't see anything good about it. I sure as hell don't deserve a certificate for that crap.

Now I'm trying not to break down crying again.

I wound up breaking down crying near the end and couldn't even finish it. Despite the positive feedback they gave me, I can't see anything good about it. I sure as hell don't deserve a certificate for that crap.

My SCUBA class had quite a few times where I had a really hard time passing a challenge (start with no gear, don all of it while treading water, etc). The first time I tried any of them usually didn't go well at all, and I would have to do them over again. Second time through, though, I had more of an idea what to expect, and they would usually go without any hitches. The same thing happened to Adam Savage when he was doing the "what to do when your car crashes into a lake" thing...the first time was all panicky and scared, but the second time was cool and by-the-numbers.

I guess what I'm saying is...the first time is always really scary with all the unknowns facing you while you do the thing you've never done before. But the second time will obviously go better because you'll have the experience you got from the first time. I know there's a real chance you might not want to try again/won't be able to try again due to finances or something, but I want to make sure you know that if you DO try a second time, it WILL be easier. I don't know how much easier, but it will be.

--Patrick

My final yoga teacher training exams were today. Both written and practical (teaching a 40-minute class).

The practical was a disaster. It started out well enough, but then I got more and more nervous, forgetting to say any kind of verbal cues in poses, forcing the class to stay in a pose longer than they should have because I had to check my notes, and just overall growing anxiety.

It took me twice to pass my bus driver behind-the-wheel exam. I completely blew my air-brake procedure the first time, and didn't even get out of the bus before he failed me.

Keep trying.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Which is shittier: breaking up over the phone, or having someone drive over 20 minutes to see you to do it? Assume there aren't other options.

You know how you see people ignore obvious evidence that is contrary to their ideals and push it away, refusing to accept it? You know how this will often boggle the mind of an observer, wondering how they can be so illogical or set in their beliefs?

This is depression. It lies to you. It makes you a terrible judge of your own quality. You set out thinking you are going to fail. You do it anyway (which, by the way, is a huge feat worthy of praise. Doing is incredibly hard, I've been there) and when you succeed, you think there surely must be some mistake. There isn't. You are better than you think you are.

I don’t know, when you do the monkey pose, as you raise up your arms, maybe see yourself causing the monkey to lose its grip and slip off your back?

—Patrick

My pay situation got worse today. Every time I call for answers, I get a different answer. Last week I was getting nothing this week, today I was told I was getting a small amount and my boss was told that I am getting a huge overpayment, but that my pay file is a mess that may cause my LTD payments to be significantly delayed.

Just lovely. Why did I come back again??

Julie's mother is chewing her out for not buying her a $7 birthday card.

I'm ready to cut these people out of our lives for good. I'm so done.
SIGH. She was crying so hard she couldn't hold the phone, so for the first time in the nine years we've lived together, I interjected. Her mom and I had a conversation. After making a clear statement, I calmed them both down and coached them to neutral ground.

I was shaking so bad; I wanted to just have it out with her, but she lost her nerve when it was me on the phone and I just couldn't do it. I know she's part of the problem, but in some ways she's also a victim of her husband. So I took the mediator role and now they're having a more pleasant conversation.

SIGH. She was crying so hard she couldn't hold the phone, so for the first time in the nine years we've lived together, I interjected. Her mom and I had a conversation. After making a clear statement, I calmed them both down and coached them to neutral ground.

I was shaking so bad; I wanted to just have it out with her, but she lost her nerve when it was me on the phone and I just couldn't do it. I know she's part of the problem, but in some ways she's also a victim of her husband. So I took the mediator role and now they're having a more pleasant conversation.
I just want to say props for this. While it may be easier or more satisfying to go for the nuclear option or give your MIL a piece of your mind, it may not necessarily be what your wife needs most, so instead of choosing the easy option you chose the harder but more productive one. Good man.

Cajungal

Staff member
I just want to say props for this. While it may be easier or more satisfying to go for the nuclear option or give your MIL a piece of your mind, it may not necessarily be what your wife needs most, so instead of choosing the easy option you chose the harder but more productive one. Good man.
This is so true. Keeping your mouth shut for the sake of your SO is so difficult. I can't count on my fingers and toes the number of times I've stopped myself from telling the fella's brother than he's a fucking idiot.

I'm gonna put this here, not really a while, not just random crap, not really a minor victory....

My daughter and son-in-law are moving to St. Joseph Missouri in a week and a half.

He lost his job here, just not enough business to keep him on, but not a "for cause" firing, a layoff. So he started putting in applications all across the country, they're in their mid-twenties and no kids, perfect time to give other places a shot. He got hired by the postal service up in St Joe, they're travelling up there this weekend to look for an apartment or house, and he actually starts on July 7.

11 hours from here, and honestly they don't understand what winter can actually be like, we gets days here, they get weeks there.

I think it'll be good for them, a growing time, literally no family closer than 8 hours away. I'll miss their Pug, crazy little freak that he is.

11 hours from here, and honestly they don't understand what winter can actually be like, we gets days here, they get weeks there.
You know, i was giong to laught at this, but then i remembered we haven't had a proper winter in decades... thanks, global warming...

You know, i was giong to laught at this, but then i remembered we haven't had a proper winter in decades... thanks, global warming...
You have to take into account that I'm in Texas. Texas winters, on the south side of the state, can be measured in days, as in we had about 8 days of what most people would call "winter-like conditions." This doesn't mean that anyone from north of us would call it winter. I gets below freezing here for hours at a time, not days or even a week, hours. I don't own what would be called a coat at all. It's going to be a huge change for them, not sure that either of them actually own a coat either.

Well, my lady in Calgary is going through some shit so now I'm cutting my visit/helping take care of my gramma short and driving 700 miles south tomorrow. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

You have to take into account that I'm in Texas. Texas winters, on the south side of the state, can be measured in days, as in we had about 8 days of what most people would call "winter-like conditions." This doesn't mean that anyone from north of us would call it winter. I gets below freezing here for hours at a time, not days or even a week, hours. I don't own what would be called a coat at all. It's going to be a huge change for them, not sure that either of them actually own a coat either.
TIL, i now get to experience Texas Winter... well, until it snows in March... :(

I always have a migraine and my daily meds sort of control them. Rage must be making it worse today, because I have never had it be this intense before.