Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

fade

Staff member
It's only because I'm wildly sexually attracted to you. Much like bhamv is attracted to, well, like every woman ever.

It's only because I'm wildly sexually attracted to you. Much like bhamv is attracted to, well, like every woman ever.
Not every woman. People I'm related to by blood, for example, are right out. As long as I know I'm related to them, anyway. There have been family reunions where I've felt inappropriate yearnings for certain distant relatives.

Not every woman. People I'm related to by blood, for example, are right out. As long as I know I'm related to them, anyway. There have been family reunions where I've felt inappropriate yearnings for certain distant relatives.
I still remember the woman you described as "really hot" and "looks just like my sister" in the same sentence.

See, there's this guy I know who likes to chew gum all day every day? Not a big deal right?

He chews the same piece for an entire month.

GasBandit

Staff member
Today has been a day of minor annoyances and irritations in large numbers. They got my food wrong at lunch. I tried to go to the grocery store to grab some things after lunch - welp, don't go to Kroger on a Thursday if you actually want to buy things, because apparently that's "bare shelf day" and you won't end up with half the things on your list. It's sticky and warm and the traffic is aggravating and our parking lot smells like poo again, and you know it's a strong smell when it overpowers the reek of tar given that it is relatively new asphalt. Somebody screwed up an invoice and I'm the only one in the building who apparently knows how to edit a PDF. I need a haircut and a beard trim, it's getting itchy and hot. Nnnnnyagghh. I'm not a fan of May to begin with, for personal reasons, but come on. Quit giving me more reasons!

I normally work 6am until 2pm, for three reasons.
1) at 6am, none of our systems are in use, as the fullfillment teams don't start picking up product until 7am. This means I can do software updates without having to be at the office at midnight to do it.
2) at 6am, none of the other IT and development staff are in the office, so if I need to get some coding done, i can do it without interruption. We're a white collar department in a blue collar field, so once people start trickling in, it's hard to focus with all the boisterous dick jokes being hollered back and forth and the other loud shit these guys do all day.
3) I like to get off early, because even though my son is 16, and brilliant, he still has the common sense of an elementary schooler. I don't like to leave him alone for long periods of time. So I like to be here when he gets off school--plus, sometimes he just misses the bus because he gets distracted by shit, so I gotta go pick him up.

So, at 1pm today, our entire network goes down. Luckily, I only had to work 3.5 hours over. But still, it's annoying.

I just spent an hour trying to find the piece of paper with my daughter's gymnastics schedule on it, only to spot it out of the corner of my eye as I sat down in frustration.

My dog had some teeth pulled and a small hernia fixed on Wednesday. She slept fine night before last, but last night was up every 10-15 minutes whining and I had no idea what she wanted. She also is a huge pain about taking the liquid meds the vet sent home with her.

I'm hoping today will be easier and I'll actually get more than 3 hours of sleep tonight.