Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

So, girlfriend is going to be out of town (missing my birthday too, booooo.) for the next two weeks, then she's back for a few days, then she's out in the field again for 3 more weeks. Stupid massive projects.

I'm going to slob out so hard.

So, girlfriend is going to be out of town (missing my birthday too, booooo.) for the next two weeks, then she's back for a few days, then she's out in the field again for 3 more weeks. Stupid massive projects.

I'm going to slob out so hard.
Orrrr you could take the time to rock out and sharpened up your abs into a stunning 6 pack for Valentines Day!

I am entirely incapable of abs, the result of being a former fat guy.
I have genetic issues or something.

When I was in my 20's, with a 3-4% body fat and a 26 in waist, and did over 200 crunches, situps and roman chair sit-ups on mon/weds/friday, I still didn't have a sixpack. It was so annoying.

I have genetic issues or something.

When I was in my 20's, with a 3-4% body fat and a 26 in waist, and did over 200 crunches, situps and roman chair sit-ups on mon/weds/friday, I still didn't have a sixpack. It was so annoying.
I'd say the same. My gut isn't flabby or anything (a bit of loose skin) but a six pack there ain't. Just doughy white guy midriff.

fade

Staff member
Situps and crunches will get you tone and strength, but not necessarily a six pack. Bulking happens with short, weighted sets. Pretty Hugh Jackman muscles aren't necessarily the strongest.

Is that a recent lift of his? It's good, but I'm not impressed. Someone who has trained as long as he has should have heavier weight on that lift. I got to 390bs in my first year of training, and in my second I'm now beginning to rep out my 1RM.

fade

Staff member
I spent yesterday afternoon changing the brake pads on my Mini. It takes the usual 10-15 minutes per wheel to change the pads, and an additional half an hour to change the friggin' sacrificial wear sensors, because the plug into the harness is up inside the body, behind the wheel well liner. Considering that this has to be done for two wheels every time you change the pads, and considering that Minis go through pads notoriously, this seems silly.

I did all this in light 39 F rain. Actually that was kind of fun.

Zappit

Staff member
Bleh. All the stress of the last few weeks has caused my kidney disease to flare up. Already saw my doctor, and we're hoping to get it back under control quickly.

I'm waiting at the doctor's office for an appointment and obviously not feeling awesome. The only other group in the waiting room is working their baby up on purpose so she'll shriek. Please call me in soon.

Sister-in-law got pulled over for speeding, happened to have my niece in the back seat in a kid seat. As she was waiting for the cop to come and talk to her, she reached back and pinched my niece's toes really hard. I mean, she just mashes them. This of course shocked my niece (she's maybe 3 at this point) and set off tears and loud, incoherent crying. Window gets rolled down and the cop asks what's going on and my S-i-l puts on an act being all frazzled and, "...Oh, she's just cryin' really bad and I was just trying to get home fast and we don't live that far from here," etc.

Cop let her off.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
So I just bought a sound recorder, and I'm amazed at the level of stupid surrounding this thing on the web. It'd almost be funny if it weren't so sad. The thing comes with an SD card, and you would not believe the number of people complaining about their new recorder having a NO CARD error. Why, you ask? Well let's just say the next thing they say is, "For some reason it came with an SD card and a MicroSD card!" You guessed it. The "SD card" is just an adapter. A cursory examination and the Lego skills possessed by most 5 year olds would solve this problem.

Also, this recorder is rather popular, largely via bandwagoning (honestly, it's how I found out about it). But the Amazon reviews are full of people complaining about how complicated it is and how the manual is 150 pages long. This is piece of pro equipment, not a pocket recorder. People are complaining because a piece of pro equipment is... a piece of pro equipment.