Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

GasBandit

Staff member
@Squidleybits "What do dark clouds mean?"

Me {internal squees of joy as my wife is taking an interest in the natural world} "Well..." <-- 15 minute monologue about how to determine the weather based upon clouds and other natural phenomena

@Squidleybits "I meant what does it mean on the app on my phone."
My grandparents had a similar conversation but slightly changed - my grandmother wistfully asked why the sky was blue, and my grandfather gave a highly scientific answer dealing with wavelengths of light emission and refraction in the atmosphere. Grandma was rather disappointed by the mundane nature of the answer.

"Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't."

"Olfrid!! Patron of the great clan Battle-Born! A name I'm sure you know well!"

"It's a fine day with you around."
And the worst of all - "Another wanderer here to lick my father's boots. Good job."

/unfortunatelyIamthehighkingofskyrim

I'm a wuss and I don't want to leave the house today. View attachment 17154 Let the mocking of my feeling cold at 38 degrees F begin.
Mocking.

Oh wait, was it supposed to be more impressive? How about this: you remind me of when I was working at a lab at the university. I worked alongside many grad students who were from Egypt, and wore snowsuits when it was still above freezing. I laughed. ;)

figmentPez

Staff member
Oh wait, was it supposed to be more impressive? How about this: you remind me of when I was working at a lab at the university. I worked alongside many grad students who were from Egypt, and wore snowsuits when it was still above freezing. I laughed. ;)
I'm not that bad, I'll be fine in a leather jacket and a hat. Though I do have to keep my room above 70 in order to get good sleep. If it drops into the 60s it causes me a ton of sinus trouble. I'm used to a room that's 76 - 78 degrees for most of the year.

I'm used to a room that's 76 - 78 degrees for most of the year.
I live in Florida and goddamn that's too hot of a room.

Cold weather sleeping is the best for me. I love it when it's just a bit chilly and I can snuggle up under the blankets, though it makes getting up in the cold morning a lot more difficult. All my half-asleep lizard brain can comprehend is "Outside cold. Bed warm. Stay in bed."

I am truly loving the suggestions for @Eriol's sound effects.

Glorious! All of them.

And giving the rather booming nature of his voice, he can pull off the shouts a little too well. Perhaps make him do those from farther away.

When I get out of bed, I am required to put more clothes on so that other people will not feel colder just looking at me.

--Patrick

I just put a calorie counter on my phone again because apparently I have lost all self control when it comes to food and gained 10 pounds. Now I am cranky and hungry trying to limit my snacking.

I just put a calorie counter on my phone again because apparently I have lost all self control when it comes to food and gained 10 pounds. Now I am cranky and hungry trying to limit my snacking.
Same here. I blame Winter.

--Patrick

After learning how to kip-up the other day, I can no longer do them. It might have been a fluke, but after that first time I managed to bust out another couple kip-ups with no problem. Annoying, but I guess I just gotta keep practicing them.

Oh joy, another wind chill advisory.

And look: it's the weekend! That means an order-fest at work!

And, of course, the department is scrapping seniority-based ordering in favor of alphabetical ordering.

I'm thinking of changing my name to Xnay Zyxnyki.

Not kipping pulls-ups, kip-ups. The thing where you go from prone on your back into a standing position.

Found a gif:

Last edited: