Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I'm aware this probably isn't a letter I can or should give her. It helps to organise my mind, and to find some of the underlying principles, though. To connect issues I didn't realize were connected, and such. Perhaps I *should* have taken this to the advice thread.

....wait, we have an advice thread? :p

I'm aware this probably isn't a letter I can or should give her. It helps to organise my mind, and to find some of the underlying principles, though. To connect issues I didn't realize were connected, and such. Perhaps I *should* have taken this to the advice thread.

....wait, we have an advice thread? :p
We're all so screwed up we have a whole advice sub-board.
No mere thread can contain the woes and f'd-up-ed-ness of this community!

Heh.

No, I just meant that we* sound like we are more direct with each other here on the forum than we are with the people we meet face-to-face in our daily lives, that the face we show the world is one we have prepared and approved for viewing rather than our "true" face.

--Patrick
*For sufficiently large values of "we."

"I'm Batman."

*and now the actual whine*
We've had an easy winter so far. Temperatures have been mild, and only a week and 1/2 a half ago, we got our first dusting of snow that promptly melted. Friday night into yesterday morning, we got 3-4 inches, which wasn't too bad and a lot of it melted today. Now we're supposed to get 16-24" starting tomorrow night. WHY?!??!? Things were going so well! :cry:

It could always be worse, Celt.

It could also be sub-zero temperatures - and I'm NOT talking about sub-zero as in what our Canuckian posters call "sub-zero".

I would kill for some snow... or at least some temperatures that might necessitate putting on either a sweater or a jacket... or even turning up the heat in my car.

I could send you a few buckets right now. Should I make a snowman first or just send you the raw materials with some assembly required?

Unless you're writing something specific to being Canadian...is there a point? I mean, it sucks to have to adapt to a different standard, but this seems like the kind of thing that would just make you more accessible to American readers, right?

Unless you're writing something specific to being Canadian...is there a point? I mean, it sucks to have to adapt to a different standard, but this seems like the kind of thing that would just make you more accessible to American readers, right?
Well, given that I grew up on Canadian spelling, it's second nature to me, and it's going to bug the hell out of me any time I look at my work in print, then yes, there is a point to it. I pride myself on my spelling and it's going to look wrong to me every time. It's part of my identity as a writer and as a Canadian.

He'll write his extra "u's" and you'll like it!