What, no Pokemon Go thread?

I realized today that the creek near my wife's school is an amazing spawning spot for water types and the like. Tons of Dratinis and Magikarps. I'm now so close to Dragonite and Gyarados I can taste them.

They taste like fish.

Holy lure cluster Batman!

Screenshot_2017-05-21-21-06-45.png

Yes those are six pokestops in close proximity. All six of them had lures on them, though two had just happened to have worn off when I took this screenshot. It was pretty much a nonstop stream of pokemon. Finally caught enough to tip me over the edge and get Gyarados and Dragonite, as well as a bunch of others. Also got a Larvitar nearby.

Saw a gyarados yesterday, went there, the park closed literally in front of me.
Saw an aerodactyl today, but inside a mosque, couldn't really waltz in for a pokemon.... both still evade me:(

Finally had enough candy to evolve a magikarp, but decided to wait a little longer. One day later, lo and behold: a 100% iv magikarp. Huh. Not a fantastic cp yet, but that's a matter of time. Dragon tail/outrage attacks, so not the best possible but nearly so, and the best for a dragonite killer, which he will be.

Everyone has a shiny Magikarp except me. I have 3 freaking Gyaradoses, but no shinies. :(
You are not the only one, what the heck is a shiny Magikarp? I so rarely see any magikarp that it's pathetic. I've had a magikarp as a walking buddy for months and I'm still only up to 285 candy.

no shiny here either, and only ever seen one Larvitar, which I managed to catch. Got over 1000 magikarp candies waiting.

No shiny here, though given that I only recently got enough Magikarps to evolve my Gyarados, I suppose that's not too surprising. Magikarps are so rare around here.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone! Mr. Z and most of my Poke-playing friends around here caught one during the water event. I have not been so lucky.

For @Sparhawk , this is a shiny (gold) Magikarp, which evolves into a red Gyarados:

I also got a Houndour, only one I've ever seen. Just wish I could actually see some more Magikarp in the wild, would help so much more on the evolution.

I was able to get another Charizard and Typhlosion, particularly good because my last Typhlosion had no Fire moves. I hate when that happens!

Visiting family in rural area, so some monsters around, but rare pokestops, so my nearly year-long streak is over, and am running down my pokeball supply. Haven't seen rare monsters around (no Lapras or non-basics), but am catching some more Vulpixes.

We've had torrential downpours for like a week in Taiwan! I can't play Pokemon Go while holding an umbrella! (Well, I can, but then I risk dropping both my phone and my umbrella, neither of which are desirable in torrential downpours)

Stop raining, sky! I wanna catch fire and ice types!

Big Gym update coming, starts this evening with some parts still in Beta.

More info here

It's a bit much to summarize, but for those who know their way around Pokémon, well, TMs are in, raid bosses are in, Rare candies are in, and Gym badges.

I think the most important bit is that Pokemon in a gym will fatigue and lose CP the more they are fought, unless their own team comes to feed them.

This is going to make things around here very interesting. We have 8 gyms in our immediate area (within 1-2 miles of our house radius), and there's always battles for them. Although, Mystic has been dominating for a while, just sayin'. ;)
The new fatigue feature is going to keep us on our toes now.

Oh the other big thing is that all gyms will have Pokestops, to help fill in the gaps for people who live in smaller towns. It doesn't help me a ton, but it helps a little.

Huh, they're converting some pokestops into gyms. Quite a few of my usual pokestops have turned into currently-nonfunctional gyms. Not too big a deal, considering Taipei has a ridiculously high pokestop density, but it's still interesting.