What, no Pokemon Go thread?

I have actually had terrible luck with gyms, used to be you wanted to stay in forever, now you want in and out in a day. With the exception of one, every time I've put a critter in a gym since the change it's stayed in the gym for days. People around here haven't figured out (or apparently not run out of berries) that you want the gym to change every 24 hours.

I have actually had terrible luck with gyms, used to be you wanted to stay in forever, now you want in and out in a day. With the exception of one, every time I've put a critter in a gym since the change it's stayed in the gym for days. People around here haven't figured out (or apparently not run out of berries) that you want the gym to change every 24 hours.
What are you putting in? I usually put in something weird depending on the area.

Had a raid, took down a Machamp, got a call from work before catching him, gym bugged out. Tried to go back and catch him but got an error while fighting every time :(

What are you putting in? I usually put in something weird depending on the area.
Just whatever I think will get knocked out fairly soon, without being an obviously super weak pokemon. I do want it to last a day to get the 50 if I can. But seems like every gym I've thrown something in that people keep coming along and feeding the little buggers.

Just whatever I think will get knocked out fairly soon, without being an obviously super weak pokemon. I do want it to last a day to get the 50 if I can. But seems like every gym I've thrown something in that people keep coming along and feeding the little buggers.
Feeding a Rattata at 1 CP is a joy and a pleasure. :D

Don't need to make it a day, just a little more than 8 hours.

Found a hat-wearing pikachu...it ran away after the first ball.
Then caught a magikarp, turned out to be a shiny.
Then found another hat rat, caught it.

Huzzah!

After all the trouble I went through catching/hatching/walking enough Charmanders to finally get my Charizard, which took the better part of a year, yesterday I found a Charizard just randomly hanging around a pokestop.

I didn't catch him, out of principle. I already have a Charizard.

The wife and I took on a Gengar at a gym and two more people joined in, causing us to beat it handily. Hoping soon the derned Machamps show up so we can build up a force for Tyranatir hunting!

Double everything until Monday as a global reward, evolved all my Pidgeys, moved up a level and got lucky eggs. Should have evolved the minimum amount to level up, then use lucky egg, missed out on 14000 XP, but at least evolving most everything else possible (all saved wondrous critters) and using the special evolution items netted me 126000 XP

Also, for those who haven't noticed, legendary raids all over the place....but you need 10 or so people to take Lugio down. Articuno is slightly easier, only just harder than Tyranitar.

Fuck it, still can't get the app to work right. It lags, it crashes, and it often claims I'm standing still in the same place when I've actually walked a mile away.

I present to you: my two new little widdle babies :D

I don't know why, but it seems I have a bit of a magic touch. Two raids, caught 'm both...And other players gave me their phone at the second one and I caught it for every one of them, too.

Oh, and 13 candy because I wanted to try to see if Rare Candy works. For now, it does.

Screenshot_20170723-125741.png Screenshot_20170723-125733.png

Fuck it, still can't get the app to work right. It lags, it crashes, and it often claims I'm standing still in the same place when I've actually walked a mile away.
Sounds like you really need to uninstall and reinstall. Not saying you haven't, but that would be my current step.

These bonuses are nuts. Been taking advantage of them best I can. Should be able to Lucky Egg twice today, which is good since I have an insane amount of XP needed for lvl 35 and 7,000 Dust to upgrade my Tyranitar.

Yeah, the bonusses are pretty big. it's the moment to go for long walks...All distances are /3 , double stardust, double or more Xp for everything, double candy...

Pinapping is ridiculous now.

Raids are what this game needed to feel worthwhile, I think. I've actually bothered to evolve/power things up for the first time in...6 months? More?

I'm not looking forward to playing without the event bonuses again though. Hard to stay motivated when a day's play amounts to 2% of a level.

I agree Vrii, though to gain a level I blew through 300 Ultraballs in 2 days and I don't think I'll recover for a while. Wife and I took down two Machamps tonight on our own, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Gah, wish that we actually had people that could get together around here, was at a gym (in an outlying area, a church) that had an active raid egg for an Articuno. Just me by myself...

Gah, wish that we actually had people that could get together around here, was at a gym (in an outlying area, a church) that had an active raid egg for an Articuno. Just me by myself...
I live in Milwaukee and I'm just too lazy to organize for the larger raids. If my wife and I can't do it on our own, we don't even try. Together we can take down any lvl 3 Raid boss, so I don't feel like we are missing out too much.

I've actually been in a few raids for Articuno and Lugia. I still do not have an Articuno or a Lugia.

Two of those raids, I was surrounded by people who were not remotely prepared and I basically wasted the raid passes. The other times, I didn't matter how many golden raspberries I threw at those fuckers, no one wanted to stay in the damn ball.

Current Pokemon Status:

I'm 3/5 on Lugias and 1/7 on Articunos.

But maaannnnnn I have, like, 200 Pidgeys and Natus and stuff to evolve and trash, and I was going to do it today on the last day of the event, and now the event ended a day earleir than I thought, and whaaaaaaaa.