What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1505190176,1505190002][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and Snuffles and I ALMOST got Chicken Dinner, in a subsequent round. It was just us and one other guy, and the other guy got us both >_<

Remembered that the PC port for Trails of Cold Steel came out on Steam a few weeks ago and have been playing it. The PC port is not as well optimised for keyboard/mouse as Trails in the Sky was, but I'm content to play this one with a controller on my Steam Link.

If anyone would like one of the event Pokemon they missed, I think I can generate most of them now and I'm happy to help :)

If you're ok with them being created that way. I'll create them in the appropriate game though so they have the correct symbol though.

I can also clone and give "face lifts" so to speak to existing Pokemon :)

I had no idea that little thing could do all that. I would have been quite happy with just a back up in case my game got washed and dried again.

I also have a ton of Pokemon that I bred that I'd be happy to trade.
My code is 3969(nice)-8318-4842. I'm fine playing normally, but my son would walk over his grandmother for a red gyarados, so if you have one laying around, I'd be happy to trade for whatever I have.

Trying to figure out how to make maps in Game Master mode in Divinity Original Sin 2. My eyes are starting to cross, and I wish I could find a written guide online for it, but so far there is just a tutorial campaign, which doesn't lend itself well to a reference guide. I'm sure it will pop up eventually, but maybe by then I will have figured it out on my own. :p

My code is 3969(nice)-8318-4842. I'm fine playing normally, but my son would walk over his grandmother for a red gyarados, so if you have one laying around, I'd be happy to trade for whatever I have.
My code is: 0361-8860-2042 and my name in game is Cupcake

I've added you and I have one shiny, awesome Gyarados ready.

Let me know when you'd like to trade :)

Replaying one of my favorites "Ghost Trick:phantom Detective" for the hell of it, and after all this time I have ONE major question...WHO THE FUCK-cooks a WHOLE chicken in a pan?! Is that a THING cooks do? That's fucking insane, I'd stick that shit in an oven like a normal person. No wonder it was always smokey in there, it was because that dumb ass tenor didn't know what the fuck he was doing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Behold! The long, drawn-out, battle-royale Divinity 2 grudge match between Gas Bandit the dwarven battle-cleric, Dei the dwarven rogue, Terrik the undead mage, and Snuffles the lizardman archer.

Pretty good if you need a sedative :p

Replaying one of my favorites "Ghost Trick:phantom Detective" for the hell of it, and after all this time I have ONE major question...WHO THE FUCK-cooks a WHOLE chicken in a pan?! Is that a THING cooks do? That's fucking insane, I'd stick that shit in an oven like a normal person. No wonder it was always smokey in there, it was because that dumb ass tenor didn't know what the fuck he was doing.
If you like that game, check out the sexy brutale

One Finger Death Punch

Really fun, addictive game. Deceptively simple, but it actually has a lot going for it.

They Bleed Pixels
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP

Played both of these for a few minutes and they just didn't do it for me. Ah well.

We didn't have much choice unfortunately. We were basically dead and so far outside the zone, it was our only chance.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yesterday, on a friend's recommendation, I got Astroneer.

It's an engrossing little casual space survival/mining/building sandbox game that is, by far, the least complex and least challenging of the "space survival" genre that I have played. It has charming aesthetics and simple controls, and the most noteworthy aspect of it is its 100% voxel-based environment that can be manipulated by your terrain tool. For example, where I landed suffered frequent sandstorms, which can be fatal if you're caught in them unprotected, and even if you yourself are safe, the wind can blow around your stacks of resources. I had started out just digging a big pit and throwing things in it until I needed them, but as the number and variety of my collected resources increased, the pit became a time-consuming inefficiency, so I used my terrain tool to fashion a solid stone warehouse/shelter (this happen at about the 2 hour 20 minute mark, in the video), which not only kept me safe during sandstorms but let me pile my belongings in organized piles. For which my stream watchers mocked me on more than one occasion :p

Anyway, you can dig anywhere, and build anywhere, and you go about harvesting resources to try to expand your base and research new items, facilities, and vehicles. Eventually you can research and build spaceships that will let you go to other planets (and the planets have different themes, like desert, irradiated, moon, etc), and it also has co-op multiplayer. The planets generally have an impressive tunnel network underground, as well as mountain ranges and valleys, and it feels a lot more rewarding to dig around in the middle of nowhere than it did in either Space Engineers or Empyrion. But, just like minecraft, NEVER DIG STRAIGHT DOWN! Also, every single indigenous lifeform seems to want to kill you, though they are all mercifully sessile.

As it is alpha/early access, there's still quite a few glitches in it and there's no endgame to speak of, nor even a player narrative. It's just, here's a world, do what you will. The research mechanic is irritatingly random (you don't get to pick your research, you just find a researchable object and drag it to a research bench, and get a new thing at random) But I don't begrudge the 13 bucks I spent on it (I caught it on sale, it's usually $20), and I still plan to go back and play it more to try and get the research things I'm missing.

Dave

Staff member
I watched you play that a bit. Didn't look that great to me, but the genre is really overrun with stuff.

I've heard that the Konami/Kojima split left the game without an ending, and I've accepted that. But so far the journey there has been great.
Actually, it's almost satisfying if you just quit after chapter 1. Chapter 2 is the Xenogears Disc 2 of MGS5.

Here's s hint to what I just started playing

@figmentPez The song is featured, both as music and thematically, in Metal Gear Solid V, specifically the Ground Zeroes prologue. It's a song by Ennio Morricone remembering the conviction and execution of two american immigrants in the 20's despite there being no evidence to link them to the crime, and were exonerated some 50 years later.

GasBandit

Staff member
Divinity 2 -

I combine two books, and get a slightly better heal! Well, it's nice to have, and one more heal to go in the cooldown cycle.

Terrik combines two books and gets fucking Omega Flowey as a pet.