What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
You're doomed.

--Patrick
Ehh, it only happens two or three times a night, usually :p[DOUBLEPOST=1506533347,1506533312][/DOUBLEPOST]
30) Snuffles uses Pet Pal to cause gross inter-species mating.
I think that falls under "to harm an animal."

That poor rat.[DOUBLEPOST=1506533625][/DOUBLEPOST]30) Someone asks "where are you guys?" more than twice because the others are too busy excitedly talking about what is going on to tell the absent person where they need to go.

Anna gets a new key for her collection.
Terrik casts Earthquake in the middle of an enemy town when we are trying to be sneaky.
Someone asks Gas to cast rain and he doesn't have it on his bar.
Gas forgets he can hit things with his sword.
Snuffles is more than 800 meters behind the rest of the group.
Gas initiates combat while we all ransack the surrounding area.
"He probably wasn't savable anyway."
Anna thanks Terrik sarcastically.

GasBandit

Staff member
Anna gets a new key for her collection.
Terrik casts Earthquake in the middle of an enemy town when we are trying to be sneaky.
Someone asks Gas to cast rain and he doesn't have it on his bar.
Gas forgets he can hit things with his sword.
Snuffles is more than 800 meters behind the rest of the group.
Gas initiates combat while we all ransack the surrounding area.
"He probably wasn't savable anyway."
Anna thanks Terrik sarcastically.
Gas causes combat to be initiated because he can't resist reading a book, flyer, memo, or letter out in plain sight but owned by an NPC.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also I don't "forget" I can hit things with my sword, it's just only been in the last day or so where doing so wasn't a complete waste of time :p

Also I don't "forget" I can hit things with my sword, it's just only been in the last day or so where doing so wasn't a complete waste of time :p
Is it really a waste of time when you know Snuffles is just going to killsteal everything anyways?

So I've been playing Injustice: Gods Among Us. And...really? This is the "awesome" story people raved about at the time? A by-the-numbers alternate reality that was done leagues (heh) better in the Justice League animated series?

The way the story sets up fights is incredibly contrived, too. "Okay, we need to break into Wayne Manor OH SHIT, WHAT ARE KILLER FROST AND SOLOMON GRUNDY DOING HERE?" No, seriously, what were they doing there? Just hanging out? And why that combination? It just felt completely random.

Plus, every character is horribly designed. Why does Batman's mask have a blatant metal face plate over it? Why would Joker need metal shoulder pads sewn into his suit? Why does Aquaman have shoulder armour OVER his other armour?

Though I do think it's interesting that the whole story starts by "fridging" Lois (using the term "women in fridges": to kill off the love interest only to motivate the hero).

GasBandit

Staff member
So I've been playing Injustice: Gods Among Us. And...really? This is the "awesome" story people raved about at the time? A by-the-numbers alternate reality that was done leagues (heh) better in the Justice League animated series? Some of the ways the story sets up fights is incredibly contrived, too. "Okay, we need to break into Wayne Manor OH SHIT, WHAT ARE KILLER FROST AND SOLOMON GRUNDY DOING HERE?" No, seriously, what were they doing there? Just hanging out?

Plus, every character is horribly designed. Why does Batman's mask have a blatant metal face plate over it? Why would Joker need metal shoulder pads sewn into his suit? Why does Aquaman have shoulder armour OVER his other armour?

Though I do think it's interesting that the whole story starts by "fridging" Lois (using the term "women in fridges": to kill off the love interest only to motivate the hero).
Well, the good story was mostly in the Injustice comic. The video game plot is... well, yeah, a video game plot. Reasons for fighting are contrived, ranging from "I've got to stop you" to "let's get some practice in."

Been playing a wonderful little indie title called Heat Signature. It's basically a psuedo Roguelike, Hotline Miami esque, spaceship hikacking, assassination and burglary game. Oh, you can also pause to make decisions.

It's really great.

Well, the good story was mostly in the Injustice comic. The video game plot is... well, yeah, a video game plot. Reasons for fighting are contrived, ranging from "I've got to stop you" to "let's get some practice in."
Yeah, I never expect a good story especially out of a fighting game. Mortal Kombat 9 wasn't bad for returning to the series' roots and rehashing MK1-3 but with a Back to the Future-esque twist. But I wouldn't call it "good."

I just remember people raving about the story for this when it first came out. Not the comic. The game. I've heard the comic is quite good and seen some scans. I "legally obtained" the first five seasons of the comic last night, so I'll probably read some of it soon.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I never expect a good story especially out of a fighting game. Mortal Kombat 9 wasn't bad for returning to the series' roots and rehashing MK1-3 but with a Back to the Future-esque twist. But I wouldn't call it "good."

I just remember people raving about the story for this when it first came out. Not the comic. The game. I've heard the comic is quite good and seen some scans. I "legally obtained" the first five seasons of the comic last night, so I'll probably read some of it soon.
It starts out good, gets really good, gets bleh, gets crap, then gets good again.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Easily one of my favorite games of this year. A self published $30 title by Ninja Theory (who also made the underrated Enslaved: Odyssey to the West) is what they are calling a "AAA indie title". You play as Senua, a celtic warrior woman who suffers from psychosis and constantly hears voices. Her village was attacked by norsemen, and her husband sacrificed to Hela, so she's decided to journey to the norse underworld to free his soul from these foreign gods.

This is not an action game, it is a character driven thriller with puzzles and sparse (but surprisingly good) combat. I'm about 2/3rds of the way through, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Easily one of my favorite games of this year. A self published $30 title by Ninja Theory (who also made the underrated Enslaved: Odyssey to the West) is what they are calling a "AAA indie title". You play as Senua, a celtic warrior woman who suffers from psychosis and constantly hears voices. Her village was attacked by norsemen, and her husband sacrificed to Hela, so she's decided to journey to the norse underworld to free his soul from these foreign gods.

This is not an action game, it is a character driven thriller with puzzles and sparse (but surprisingly good) combat. I'm about 2/3rds of the way through, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends.

Playing it with headphones right? Because shit is it good with good headphones.

Finished Fallout 4 a few days ago. Fully modded out. Game deserves its rep, it's quite mediocre. Some mods help but it grew old on me.

Only DLC that stood out was Nuka Cola and Far Harbor. Nuka Cola was huge world but it was very... empty. Boring even. Wasn't into the theme part.

What I REALLY liked was Far Harbor. The theme, the music, the quests were so much better than the rest of the game.

Started Tyranny, finished Act 1. Love the lore, the story. I like how they improved this game with all these highlighted texts. Everything is good, except the combat. By god it's worst than pillars of eternity. I changed difficulty to "storyline" and I'm enjoying it as such.

So I decided to try playing through Divinity Original Sin since the last time I didn't get very far. Why, the fuck, is edge panning turned off by default? Who is the brain surgeon that decided this is default? This is like inverted being default in a console FPS.

Luckily that's all. Such a great CRPG. The tactical options in combat are so great and it's even fun to fuck up.

GasBandit

Staff member
While waiting for the others to show up for divinity tonight, I took a crack at the weekly challenge in Killing Floor 2 to get a suit of gold body armor. I got all the way to the patriarch, and got him down to almost dead and then died because a bullshit addon trashmob snuck up behind me and grappled me at just the wrong moment.

Me in discord immediately afterwards:

Alt just stopped working in Divinity. It no longer highlights anything. This is frustrating. All I can find is people complaining about this on Mac from 3 years ago.

While waiting for the others to show up for divinity tonight, I took a crack at the weekly challenge in Killing Floor 2 to get a suit of gold body armor. I got all the way to the patriarch, and got him down to almost dead and then died because a bullshit addon trashmob snuck up behind me and grappled me at just the wrong moment.

Me in discord immediately afterwards:
Come now, we know your vocabulary is much more varied.
Maybe not to Terry Pratchett level, but you possess at least some creativity.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Come now, we know your vocabulary is much more varied.
Maybe not to Terry Pratchett level, but you possess at least some creativity.

--Patrick
You'll have to ask Dei and Snuffles, I don't remember what I said. Some of it was probably unintelligible.

GasBandit

Staff member
What game is that?[DOUBLEPOST=1506702045,1506702011][/DOUBLEPOST]Warhammer. Never mind.
"Total War: Warhammer 2" to be exact. Total War is a franchise not limited to Warhammer properties. They also have Total War games set in medieval times, feudal Japan, Napoleonic campaigns, ancient Rome, etc.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

I signed up for three months of the Humble Bundle Monthly and got this. It's basically the same as last game that came out a few years ago, only with a new story, puzzles, and a few new gadgets and tricks. No real ground breaking difference.

Still, I enjoyed the first one. So I'm enjoying this so far.

Finished Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Goddamn.

I give this game an A-. I loved it all the way through, with only a few small nitpicks that didn't detract from my enjoyment.

Cuphead is amazing couch co-op.

It's also fucking hard.

But holy shit is it good.

Also, very difficult.

But don't forget good.

And hard.

Good.

And hard.

Good and hard.

Good'n'hard.

Goonard.

Gonard.

Gnrd.

It's also fucking hard.

Also, very difficult.

But don't forget good.

And hard.

Good.

And hard.

Good and hard.

Good'n'hard.

Goonard.

Gonard.

Gnrd.
Did someone warg into you at an inopportune time or something like that?

It's also fucking hard.

Also, very difficult.

But don't forget good.

And hard.

Good.

And hard.

Good and hard.

Good'n'hard.

Goonard.

Gonard.

Gnrd.
Is it worth $20 in your opinion? I've had this one on my radar for a while.