What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

Dec 3, 2008
Tejas
Your last several post have been a major nostalgia trip for me. Thanks for posting the Donald Fagan album. That is when I could finally find a song that I liked from that album. "New Frontier" some how I thought it was sung by Elvis Costello. I only heard it a few times on MTV, so it is easy to forget or screw up the singer.

Dec 16, 2009
England.
I was coming out of a local supermarket recently, looked at the person alongside me and was surprised to see that it was Rick Wakeman. A couple of minutes later I pulled up to the petrol (Gas!) pumps and at the pump in front of me there he was again filling his big four by four.

Nov 27, 2008
Sailing on Seas of Cheese
This just arrived from the UK...

That label confirms it's a 1966 pressing. And it sounds great. A little crackly on side 2 in the quiet bits, but much better than I could have hoped for. :D
I always thought that George Harrison looked creepy as hell on that album cover.

I miss full on album covers. I bought Supertramp Breakfast in America solely based on the cover, and fell in love with it.

Nov 27, 2008

Bought the albums on the recommendation of a few people here. That was ... six weeks ago? My wife and I have pretty much been listening to nothing else since then. I'm hoping we'll be off this in time for the Tori Amos concert in August, because we flew past her new album without a car, too jonezed on The Protomen to care about any other music.

And I don't regret it :D.

Nov 26, 2008
America's wang

Bought the albums on the recommendation of a few people here. That was ... six weeks ago? My wife and I have pretty much been listening to nothing else since then. I'm hoping we'll be off this in time for the Tori Amos concert in August, because we flew past her new album without a car, too jonezed on The Protomen to care about any other music.

And I don't regret it :D.
If you can, you should definitely catch Protomen on tour. I'm too lazy to go look when their next tour is, but hey, you've got google.

And if you want more of them, they did a great Queen tribute album.

Nov 27, 2008
If you can, you should definitely catch Protomen on tour. I'm too lazy to go look when their next tour is, but hey, you've got google.

And if you want more of them, they did a great Queen tribute album.

They're at Warped '14, which will be coming through a half-hour from me, but it's during a weekday and my company just got off some troubles.

But if they ever come back to Magfest, we'll be there.

Nov 27, 2008
A little known group from California, Life in 24 Frames. I like their music a lot. This is probably my favorite song of theirs.

Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
Trust me, if I had my collection all collected together, we'd probably be past 40 by now.
Also, Kati just bought an old GE turntable today.
Something like this (though obviously not in as good condition)...
images.duckduckgo.jpg

I know she's very happy and all, but I'm a little...afraid to let any of my albums near it.

--Patrick