What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

Your last several post have been a major nostalgia trip for me. Thanks for posting the Donald Fagan album. That is when I could finally find a song that I liked from that album. "New Frontier" some how I thought it was sung by Elvis Costello. I only heard it a few times on MTV, so it is easy to forget or screw up the singer.

I was coming out of a local supermarket recently, looked at the person alongside me and was surprised to see that it was Rick Wakeman. A couple of minutes later I pulled up to the petrol (Gas!) pumps and at the pump in front of me there he was again filling his big four by four.

Welp. That cartridge I was using turned out to be a big dud. So I replaced it. Same model, much better sound. Old volume levels would burst eardrums with this...

Let's see how many pics I can stuff into one post...
After you posted Night Moves, I wondered if you'd have this one.
I have this one, also. It's special to me. I'll see if I can find it* to post a pic.

--Patrick
*Everything is all higgledy-piggledy right now with the move.

This just arrived from the UK...

That label confirms it's a 1966 pressing. And it sounds great. A little crackly on side 2 in the quiet bits, but much better than I could have hoped for. :D

This just arrived from the UK...

That label confirms it's a 1966 pressing. And it sounds great. A little crackly on side 2 in the quiet bits, but much better than I could have hoped for. :D
I always thought that George Harrison looked creepy as hell on that album cover.

I miss full on album covers. I bought Supertramp Breakfast in America solely based on the cover, and fell in love with it.

Bought the albums on the recommendation of a few people here. That was ... six weeks ago? My wife and I have pretty much been listening to nothing else since then. I'm hoping we'll be off this in time for the Tori Amos concert in August, because we flew past her new album without a car, too jonezed on The Protomen to care about any other music.

And I don't regret it :D.

Bought the albums on the recommendation of a few people here. That was ... six weeks ago? My wife and I have pretty much been listening to nothing else since then. I'm hoping we'll be off this in time for the Tori Amos concert in August, because we flew past her new album without a car, too jonezed on The Protomen to care about any other music.

And I don't regret it :D.
If you can, you should definitely catch Protomen on tour. I'm too lazy to go look when their next tour is, but hey, you've got google.

And if you want more of them, they did a great Queen tribute album.

If you can, you should definitely catch Protomen on tour. I'm too lazy to go look when their next tour is, but hey, you've got google.

And if you want more of them, they did a great Queen tribute album.

They're at Warped '14, which will be coming through a half-hour from me, but it's during a weekday and my company just got off some troubles.

But if they ever come back to Magfest, we'll be there.

A little known group from California, Life in 24 Frames. I like their music a lot. This is probably my favorite song of theirs.

Trust me, if I had my collection all collected together, we'd probably be past 40 by now.
Also, Kati just bought an old GE turntable today.
Something like this (though obviously not in as good condition)...
images.duckduckgo.jpg

I know she's very happy and all, but I'm a little...afraid to let any of my albums near it.

--Patrick