[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

Two of the young guys in my office vape. So any time I get something new (which is almost never, because I just don't care about the culture that's built up around the thing) I feel like this:

Any time anyone talks about vaping around me:

Do you think people who smoked were this obnoxious about it when tobacco first became a thing?

The weird thing is that I just started playing that yesterday (a game at which I suck!) so it felt oddly appropriate, but only to me I imagine.
Everyone sucks at that game at first. It teases you with this idea that you're invincible, especially if you've played the Arkham games that have similar controls and functions, but you find out fast that you're not Batman of Middle-Earth and then you die.

In the same vein of removing Garfield's dialogue to improve Garfield, people have discovered that removing the middle two panels of a CAD comic seems to be an improvement (and not just because you only have to look at half as much CAD :p).

Might try to test this myself later.

In the same vein of removing Garfield's dialogue to improve Garfield, people have discovered that removing the middle two panels of a CAD comic seems to be an improvement (and not just because you only have to look at half as much CAD :p).

Might try to test this myself later.
This might be the funniest thing ever.

Huh. I stopped reading Nukees a couple years ago because I was sick to death of the Cecilia wants revenge plotline which had been running for far too long. I check it today out of nostalgia to see what's going on, and it's still the ongoing plotline.

Dammit, Robert Jordan at his worst might have been better at finishing ongoing plots than this!

GasBandit

Staff member
Huh. I stopped reading Nukees a couple years ago because I was sick to death of the Cecilia wants revenge plotline which had been running for far too long. I check it today out of nostalgia to see what's going on, and it's still the ongoing plotline.

Dammit, Robert Jordan at his worst might have been better at finishing ongoing plots than this!
It was actually put on hold for a while, but now it looks like it might actually be getting wrapped up.

UGH-there is literally NO reason to interrupt the story with more Erin Winters/Mordawa queen of hell bull crap!

EDIT: NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERMIND-looks like the Boy is no longer a stupid horse! HUZZAH!

Last edited:
Penny Arcade, you're making me laugh more often now. I don't know if today's made me laugh because it's funny or because the feeling is so accurate.

GasBandit

Staff member
HAH. I have an IRC client open on my home desktop right this very instant, actually... because it's a slimmer way to monitor my twitch chat than keeping a browser window open.

Scary go Machinery is still daily...and yet the plot doesn't really look like its progressed...AT ALL from the last time I've read it....this comic kinda sucks now doesn't it? I say kinda, as the art's still good, and its got some wit, but...I dunno, it feels too slow for his work. I feel like after Erin's soul went to hell, so did some of this comic's. Plus really, that "Queen of hell" bull crap was...just stupid. WE GET IT-you're a good artist! How about give us characters we give a crap about to go along with it!

GasBandit

Staff member
Ha ha ha ha... Gunnerkrigg Court...

Smitty got stabbed in the chest over a week ago, and I think Tom is having fun seeing how long he can go before he shows the consequences. The comments section on each comic since then has gotten progressively more boisterous with each new comic that does not address it. The peasants near revolt.