Underage teen drinking? Take away their driver's license!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chazwozel

No, Im pretty sure that at all points throughout this conversation I have been talking about my friends and people close to me who have different behavior but I still understand.

You just want me to guess why you did what you did so you can pull some kind of "oh yeah fuck you" thing. I'm not playing that, I have only been speaking from my own experience.
There you go with your assumptions again... :rolleyes:

M

makare

Im not the one who has to delete whole posts for being obnoxious. I think assuming you are trying to be a jerk is a pretty safe assumption.

C

Chazwozel

That's clearly a beer bottle he's putting between his legs so he can clap with both hands. You just have wang on the brain.[/QUOTE]

You gotta admit, the look on his face makes him look like he's a little too into the whole paddling thing.[/QUOTE]

They all do. They're frat boys. They're too into everything they do. HELLZ YEAH BRAH IT'S PLEDGE WEEK[/QUOTE]

Oh come now. They're not all that bad. I didn't pledge but I did rush. Man, I can't believe how much good free food I got away with that week.

Dave

Staff member
More on this law:

If you are underage and at a party where people are caught in possession you will lose your license. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT DRINKING!

The suspension is for a month up to a year.

I can't see that getting enforced by anyone. I wouldn't. That's ridiculous.

HEY KIDS! ARE YOU FRIENDS DRINKING? ARE YOU UNDERAGE! IT'S TIME TO TEACH YOU THAT THERE'S NO NEED FOR A DD BECAUSE HE'LL LOSE HIS LICENSE TOO!!

Unfuckingbelievable.

M

makare

Like I said I think we have that law here already and it is enforced.

More on this law:

If you are underage and at a party where people are caught in possession you will lose your license. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT DRINKING!

Okay, that's just plain ridiculous.

More on this law:

Okay, that's just plain ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm ok with removing the privileges for stuff they did do, but not for something they didn't do.

W

wikked

And like I said it's dumb.

And you have the right to your opinion dave.

the rest of us have the same right, even though chaz thinks we shouldn't.

I am ok with whatever punishment elected officials choose to instate for things that are illegal. These people don't just walk into a gavernment building and make laws, they were chosen by the citizens. If the people don't like it, they can elect somebody else the next time they get the chance.

My opinion on underage drinking is based personal experience. I'm currently watching my brother throw his life away for alchohol. He started drinking at the time chaz says everyone does it (btw, I didn't do any drinking until 21. because that is the legal drinking age.). He is now 27, got a less then honorable discharge from the air force after less than 2 years. Wrecked numerous cars, including rear-ending his own parked jeep with his wife's car last week. Cheated on his wife repeatedly and generally made life at home hell for his 2 small girls. But hey, at least he got to drink when he was a teenager!

I am ok with whatever punishment elected officials choose to instate for things that are illegal. These people don't just walk into a gavernment building and make laws, they were chosen by the citizens. If the people don't like it, they can elect somebody else the next time they get the chance.

My opinion on underage drinking is based personal experience. I'm currently watching my brother throw his life away for alchohol. He started drinking at the time chaz says everyone does it (btw, I didn't do any drinking until 21. because that is the legal drinking age.). He is now 27, got a less then honorable discharge from the air force after less than 2 years. Wrecked numerous cars, including rear-ending his own parked jeep with his wife's car last week. Cheated on his wife repeatedly and generally made life at home hell for his 2 small girls. But hey, at least he got to drink when he was a teenager![/QUOTE]

The only answer is he should have had his license taken away when he was 20.

C

Chazwozel

My opinion on underage drinking is based personal experience. I'm currently watching my brother throw his life away for alchohol. He started drinking at the time chaz says everyone does it (btw, I didn't do any drinking until 21. because that is the legal drinking age.). He is now 27, got a less then honorable discharge from the air force after less than 2 years. Wrecked numerous cars, including rear-ending his own parked jeep with his wife's car last week. Cheated on his wife repeatedly and generally made life at home hell for his 2 small girls. But hey, at least he got to drink when he was a teenager![/QUOTE]

My brother and his wife died to a drunk driver, and I still think people are smart enough to make up their own damn minds when it comes to drugs and alcohol. It's not my fault your brother's an idiot as much as that mine died to one.

Dave

Staff member
Drunk drivers are almost always of the legal age to drink. Stupidity knows no age limit.

C

Chazwozel

Drunk drivers are almost always of the legal age to drink. Stupidity knows no age limit.

There are people that just can't handle alcohol, no matter what age they are. Sadly, the way the government works is to punish those that can control themselves along with those that can't. That said, this thread has made me thirsty for some Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout.

Dave

Staff member
But if they can control themselves why are the drinking underage?
What does being underage have to do with being able to handle alcohol? What we are saying is that age has no bearing on the ability or inability to handle oneself. The only reason they are drinking underage is because the drinking age is seriously fucked up in this country.

M

makare

But if they can control themselves why are the drinking underage?
What does being underage have to do with being able to handle alcohol? What we are saying is that age has no bearing on the ability or inability to handle oneself. The only reason they are drinking underage is because the drinking age is seriously fucked up in this country.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is, but it is still the law. If you want to change the law change the law. I don't see someone breaking the law as being able to handle himself responsibly.

Dave

Staff member
The problem is you can't change the law because all politicians are pussies and do shit like raise the drinking age and lower the limit so that nobody can drink ever and be legal behind the wheel. Yes, driving drunk is bad. But there's a limit to driving impaired that .08 just isn't at. People driving tired or on cell phones or texting or eating or doing makeup are much, MUCH worse than people blowing a .08. But it will never change because no politician will ever say they want the legal age lowered or the limit raised because idiot feel good groups and lobbyists ensure that it's political suicide.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

And I wonder how fast you drive.

M

makare

I always drive the speed limit. Or you know under when it is icy or rainy.

Dave

Staff member
I don't believe you.
Why would I lie about that Dave.. wtf.[/QUOTE]

You've NEVER gone faster than the posted limit? Ever? I find that statement very, very difficult to believe. The posted limits in a lot of areas are insanely slow for the sake of "public safety". You've never gotten a speeding ticket. You've never jaywalked. You've never broken the law in any way, shape or form.

I love ya, makare, but I just don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.