TIL: Today I Learned

TIL that driving over a fire hydrant won't necessarily flood the street, or even spill a single drop of water. I'm just glad I wasn't the one who slid off the icy road, up the curb and knocked the hydrant off the ground.

Also TIL that I make for a terrible witness. Licence Plate? I couldn't even tell you the color of the car. It might have been blue.

TIL that driving over a fire hydrant won't necessarily flood the street, or even spill a single drop of water. I'm just glad I wasn't the one who slid off the icy road, up the curb and knocked the hydrant off the ground.

Also TIL that I make for a terrible witness. Licence Plate? I couldn't even tell you the color of the car. It might have been blue.
I was collateral damage in an accident a few years ago (one car hit another and spun it into me), and both sides insurance really wanted my account because I had no bias, but I had entered panic mode and forgot everything. I actually started to remember what happened a year later, which I thought was weird.

So sometime during Christmas next year I'll exclaim "It was grey!" and my family will think I'm insane?

That's better than talking about Trump. (I really don't get why Canucks care about that asshole)

figmentPez

Staff member
The only way I lose my beard is if someone shaves it off my cold, dead body.

... or, if, you know, I need to be clean shaven for an acting role.

I'm one of those odd people who don't grow a beard as it is completely uneven and patchy, so yeah, no beard, but I have been going with a trimmed mustache for pretty much as long as I could grow one.

I shaved my goatee (I'm the evil version of me) off once in the last 12 years at the request of my wife. She explicitly requests that I keep it now.

I look like a child if I shave and feel like my face has no defining features without it so despite it not growing super well, the beard stays.

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
What seriously? It's so obviously hammy, and the title is a clear spoof of "Angels with Dirty Faces".

Today I learned that THIS GUY-

Is either the father or grandfather-

-to THIS guy! Either way, BOTH OF WHOM ARE RELATED-

-to THIS guy! If that ain't one hell of a family legacy I don't know WHAT is!

GasBandit

Staff member
Today I learned that THIS GUY-

Is either the father or grandfather-

-to THIS guy! Either way, BOTH OF WHOM ARE RELATED-

-to THIS guy! If that ain't one hell of a family legacy I don't know WHAT is!
You got your chronology backwards... BJ Blaskowitz (of Wolfenstein 3D) is the eldest, obviously, having been a soldier during WW2. Then comes his grandson, Billy Blaze, aka "William Blazkowitz II," (Commander Keen) during the 1990s, and then finally the events of Doom and Doom 2 take place in 2022, starring Commander Keen's Son, BJ Blaskowitz III.

(So, get to it Elon, we're supposed to have military bases on Mars and both of its moons in 3 years!)

Aw crap, I meant that they were descended from the original BJ when I said related, my bad.

ALSO-2022, really? Damn, tech moves FAST in Multiverse-Id.

Learned today that pre-orders on Amazon will use the address at the time of the order, even if you changed your address with them over a month ago. Have an order that I placed on a book last summer that is currently wandering the halls of the post office trying to find our new address.