[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

The recurring drama aside; the perspective people bring into contentious topics like this thread are pretty enlightening at times. It begins to be irksome when the obnoxious posting habits of one person seem to hijack a discussion: I hope now that people are catching on to this pattern, they can better regulate their reactions to it.

Notes on the Ferguson shooting:

The NAACP has petitioned a judge to convene a new Grand Jury on the shooting due to "grave legal concerns" with the way the case was presented to the grand jury. (CBSNews) These concerns include the prosecutor knowingly presenting witnesses that were lying about the incident. In a radio interview, St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch stated, "Clearly some were not telling the truth," and that one witness "clearly wasn't present. She recounted a story right out of the newspaper." (CBSNews)

The interview in question:

The ACLU has filed suit on behalf of a grand jury member seeking to lift the lifelong ban placed on the juror that prevents them from speaking about the Ferguson hearing. They argue that "because of the unique nature of the case, as well as McCulloch’s pledge to provide the public with a full accounting of the court’s proceedings, the standard of secrecy is outweighed by the plaintiff’s right to free speech." (TIME) The jury member wants to speak to the issues of how the Darren Wilson case differed from standard practice in both the evidence presented and the legal standard that were applied.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...-PD-with-the-murder-of-12-year-old-Tamir-Rice

No, we don't need to wait for the facts to come out in this case. They are already out and Timothy Loehmann must be charged with a crime in this case. Enough evidence already exists to indict him. Sadly, the entire system in Ohio is so corrupt that Cleveland's mayor, Frank Jackson, says that he doesn't even trust the attorney general of Ohio, Mike DeWine, to handle the case fairly.
Justice is completely broken in this country, but it must be pursued and fought for at every turn. Anything less than a conviction in this case is unacceptable.

Yeah, shit like that tends to happen a lot in Cincinnati and Cleavland... and yes, Mike DeWine is a complete scumbag. He's on his way out though... he's only JUST hanging on in each election.

Columbus cops tend to be pretty chill and the highway patrol is the same. It's the ones in the little towns you need to watch out for... especially the former township of New Rome. Fun fact: I live about 3 miles from New Rome and I've actually witnessed the cops there do the following...

- break a guy's tail light
- run from a group of black highschoolers
- refuse to answer a call for assistance
- basically extort hundreds of thousands of dollars from motorists

We actually passed a law to dissolve the town because of this shit.

So down here the other day a cop got called to a domestic disturbance, (hispanic because apparently this matters these days) cop went inside the house where the (black) guy pulled a gun and pointed it at his wife so the officer shot and killed him. The woman went on thanking him and was quoted by the newspaper how the cop saved her life.

So the next night she's at the police station with about 49 other people protesting and calling for an inditement on the officer and how her husband wouldn't have hurt her and hey he didn't have a gun at the time (even though she acknowledged he did the previous day).

So... yeah. That happened
http://thefacts.com/article_af16e838-9949-11e4-937a-e3f96c597eb8.html[DOUBLEPOST=1421124354,1421124154][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, this quote

"This is no longer Freeport, Texas," Harris said. "This is Ferguson, Texas."

So down here the other day a cop got called to a domestic disturbance, (hispanic because apparently this matters these days) cop went inside the house where the (black) guy pulled a gun and pointed it at his wife so the officer shot and killed him. The woman went on thanking him and was quoted by the newspaper how the cop saved her life.

So the next night she's at the police station with about 49 other people protesting and calling for an inditement on the officer and how her husband wouldn't have hurt her and hey he didn't have a gun at the time (even though she acknowledged he did the previous day).

So... yeah. That happened
http://thefacts.com/article_af16e838-9949-11e4-937a-e3f96c597eb8.html[DOUBLEPOST=1421124354,1421124154][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, this quote

who fucking cares. they're going to suffer zero consequences. Let me cry for the police officers getting accused of something by the powerless. Unjustly. Are you just trying to discredit the Ferguson movement? show this instance of "crying wolf" ? idk.

also lol at your little "because this apparently matters these days", boo hoo, people are talking about and challenging racial inequalities! I'm sorry you're so insulted by just the idea that racism still exists and you might have enjoyed some privilege

I'm sorry, but what she claims is complete hogwash. She sees her ex-boyfriend, whom she had demanded move out and who had a history of beating her (pistol-whipping her on Christmas Day), standing in the room with her with a gun, having BROKEN DOWN THE DOOR (remember, she called the police because he was trying to get in and threatening to kill her, so she and her teenage children had pushed the couch against the door to try and barricade it as instructed by dispatch)... and she goes to sleep? Just takes a little nap while her gun-toting violent ex hovers over her? Really?

Yeah, shit like that tends to happen a lot in Cincinnati and Cleavland... and yes, Mike DeWine is a complete scumbag. He's on his way out though... he's only JUST hanging on in each election.

Columbus cops tend to be pretty chill and the highway patrol is the same. It's the ones in the little towns you need to watch out for... especially the former township of New Rome. Fun fact: I live about 3 miles from New Rome and I've actually witnessed the cops there do the following...

- break a guy's tail light
- run from a group of black highschoolers
- refuse to answer a call for assistance
- basically extort hundreds of thousands of dollars from motorists

We actually passed a law to dissolve the town because of this shit.
So you witnessed the fall of Rome?

Hey hey hey... it's @Terrik's state too. He has to share the blame.

I feel like some Police Departments are becoming caricatures of themselves.

I can almost see this news story in a MAD magazine or something.

LEO: "We are always doing are best to reach out and improve relations with our community"

*BLAM*

"Nice shot, Joe. Put up the next picture." *Recent arrestee looks over nervously as he gets his mugshot taken"

I mean, lets assume there is 0 racism involved. Lets, for the sake of argument say that it's completely unintentional and innocent. Heck, I'm even inclined to agree that this is the case.

Has no one over there taken a PR class? No one stopped to say, "Gee, LEO's sure have taken an image hit recently, it might be best to not send the wrong message at the moment. Lets use generic targets for now"

I just...

The Deants also wonder why officers would shoot at faces of African Americans at a time when relations with police are strained over the shooting deaths of unarmed black men.
It's just common sense.

Just using pictures is pretty darn wrong.
I understand why they have to use pictures. If you check the article, the training is sniper training and identity recognition is super important.

That being said, if that's what they were using it for, why isn't there an innocent and criminal group in those pictures. Seems to me to really train this they would have a mix of pictures so that they can train differentiation from target to another, but every single one of the pictures has a bullet through them.

I understand why they have to use pictures. If you check the article, the training is sniper training and identity recognition is super important.

That being said, if that's what they were using it for, why isn't there an innocent and criminal group in those pictures. Seems to me to really train this they would have a mix of pictures so that they can train differentiation from target to another, but every single one of the pictures has a bullet through them.
The very next line after that is a refutal of that.

Several federal and state law enforcement agencies and five local police departments disputed Dennis' claim that use of human faces for target shooting is commonplace, the station said. All use only commercial targets.

Kinda surprised that Charlie isn't in here frothing at the mouth yet. I saw this story last night/this morning and fully expected pages of Charlie ranting about it.