[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

Just walk away, Krisken. It's not even worth bothering with anymore.
I can't help being curious. I mean, it's obvious he's working with a different set of definitions than is generally accepted by other English speaking members of the world. I'd love to find out just where these weird definitions are coming from.

HELLO AGAIN FELLOW INTERNET PEOPLE

SORRY ABOUT THE INTERRUPTION

PLEASE CONTINUE TELLING ME WHICH OF YOU DON'T LIKE THINGS ABOUT POLICE
Aw, c'mon. What did we tell you about you and that atrocious foreign accent over in the Space Engineers thread?

--Patrick

a lot of people trying to tell me we don't live in a police state
We don't.

Maybe your problem is being a pretentious, smug dipshit causes everyone within a 10 mile radius around you to froth at the mouth and do everything in their power not to punch you in yours.[DOUBLEPOST=1420119610,1420119538][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes. We are using the dictionary definition. I have no idea where you got yours from.

That would be the white-guilt SJW handbook of bullshit.

We don't.

Maybe your problem is being a pretentious, smug dipshit causes everyone within a 10 mile radius around you to froth at the mouth and do everything in their power not to punch you in yours.[DOUBLEPOST=1420119610,1420119538][/DOUBLEPOST]

That would be the white-guilt SJW handbook of bullshit.
I should get me a copy so I can translate from Charlie to English.

You guys are so concerned about "slurs" only when they're used against the oppressor. "Cishet" (cisgendered heterosexual) is literally the most dispassionate, ~scientific~ way of saying "normal" without other-ing minorities (LBQT).

anyways, I saw this and liked it, and I'm double posting it here since people keep attacking me personally instead of attacking the message / my ideas

You guys are so concerned about "slurs" only when they're used against the oppressor. "Cishet" (cisgendered heterosexual) is literally the most dispassionate, ~scientific~ way of saying "normal" without other-ing minorities (LBQT).

anyways, I saw this and liked it, and I'm double posting it here since people keep attacking me personally instead of attacking the message / my ideas
No one is telling you to be silent. Just not to undermine your position by conflating it to unbelievable proportions.

I would just like to say that @Mathias does not speak for me.
I don't hate Charlie, but I certainly doubt I would invite him to anything.

This isn't even because of the opinions you hold, Charlie. It's because of your intolerance toward the opinions of others.

--Patrick

I would just like to say that @Mathias does not speak for me.
I don't hate Charlie, but I certainly doubt I would invite him to anything.

This isn't even because of the opinions you hold, Charlie. It's because of your intolerance toward the opinions of others.

--Patrick

Exactly. It's like he fails to see he's exactly the same as the other end of the politico/social spectrum.

As a note, I don't hate the guy. I just think he's an insufferable douchebag. His posts are akin to walking up to someone and wagging a finger in their face with your nose in the air. This coming from the guy who's posts used to be like a yelling drill sergeant.

He white knighted Osama bin Laden, FFS.

And called us all racist in the process.

This is exactly what I mean.

Most educated people are willing to accept or at least consider a devil's advocate position on many topics, but not when you're wagging a finger in their face and telling them they're horrible people for not accepting your single viewpoint. I'm a pretty liberal minded dude, but there is a point where individuals are and should be responsible for their actions. My major fundamental disagreement with Chuck is that he believes no one is responsible for their actions, and that society as a whole should bear the burden of raising good people. That's not reality. Environment is not the end all to a person's behavior; nor is genetics. If you're a human being, you yourself can make a conscious decision to not be a shitbag - a product of a bad environment.

stop talking about me
Stop being an insufferable piece of shit, and maybe your wishes will come true![DOUBLEPOST=1420225275,1420225173][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Mathias if that is the point then I agree with @Charlie Don't Surf to a certain extent. Enviornment has a lot to do with how a person turns out (not 100% mind you, but still a big factor). Sorry for talking about you @Charlie Don't Surf :p
Environment doesn't excuse personal responsibility. And I'm not saying it isn't a factor either; just that a person is still responsible for their actions.

In another thread, someone pointed out how discussions devolve from the topic to about how Charlie talks about things, so I set Charlie on ignore for an hour just to scan through recent threads without his presence, see what it looked like. And it looked like a lot of discussion about Charlie.

Since then I've eased back on remarking about how he does this stuff, because it doesn't lead to productive discussion.