[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

I thought some other article already said one cop shot one of the other cops? Or was that one of the other no-knocks? It's hard to keep track.

--Patrick

I thought some other article already said one cop shot one of the other cops? Or was that one of the other no-knocks? It's hard to keep track.
Ballistics reports have not actually concluded who shot the cop. All that was known was the bullet gauge from the injury. Most of the cops at the scene used a different gauge, but both the boyfriend and one of the cops used the same gauge that hit the officer, thus they don't know whether it was due to the boyfriend or friendly fire. The investigation that it was the other cop came to no conclusion, and the last investigation into whether it was from the boyfriends gun just concluded a few days ago that they can't reliably say it was.

Such great detective work.

I agree the dichotomy makes for a powerful image, but I'm a little disappointed that, without any alteration, it can be easily repurposed by others as an infographic supporting racist oppression.

--Patrick

They thought public sentiment had swung Far Right enough that they were finally “safe” to indulge in that behavior again. There are already plenty of Conservatives voicing their worry that, now that they are “out,” they will be discriminated against and may need to go (back) underground if they want the freedom to express themselves without reprisal.

—Patrick
It somehow never dawns on a specific type of person - found on the left and the right - that the freedom to speak really does not mean "without consequences".

figmentPez

Staff member

Louisville police, county attorney's office hide 738,000 records in Explorer sex abuse case

"Louisville Metro Police concealed at least 738,000 records documenting the sexual abuse of Explorer Scouts by two officers — then lied to keep the files from the public, records show. "

"Assistant County Attorney Roy Denny acknowledged 9,700 folders containing 738,000 documents — 470 gigabytes of data — had been found on the secret folder. ... Denny said those files would have been available on the city’s encrypted backup system for 30 days but now there is no way to recover them. "

GasBandit

Staff member
...What the hell is that supposed to be? It looks like someone put an outhouse on a front end loader.
A bulletproof outhouse, with little holes in the bulletproof glass for a couple cops to stick gunbarrels out of while the CAT slowly advances on protesters.

Border patrol agents in Montana, cruising around, making sure there ain't any fucking Mexicans crossing the border from Canada.

--Patrick

I hope those women got serious $$$ for that, but jesus.

Sometimes I really wish settlements would come directly out of these officers' pensions. "No, you don't get to be an asshole and retire comfortably".

Yup. Can't wait for Qualified Immunity to die the death it deserves.

--Patrick
Qualified Immunity isn't going anywhere. The brutality is getting worse, and the murders are spreading like wildfire. We had cops shoot three separate people in the back in the last week in Oregon, as well as two racists murdering black people (one because his stereo was too loud in the hotel parking lot). This country is beyond completely and utterly fucked and watching "woke" liberals do absolutely fucking nothing since this has started, or - worse - constantly belittle the people in the streets and blame them for the Republicans' victories has proven to me that the whole thing needs to be started over - preferably with much smaller government chunks.

Qualified Immunity isn't going anywhere. The brutality is getting worse, and the murders are spreading like wildfire. We had cops shoot three separate people in the back in the last week in Oregon, as well as two racists murdering black people (one because his stereo was too loud in the hotel parking lot). This country is beyond completely and utterly fucked and watching "woke" liberals do absolutely fucking nothing since this has started, or - worse - constantly belittle the people in the streets and blame them for the Republicans' victories has proven to me that the whole thing needs to be started over - preferably with much smaller government chunks.
There's long been a movement in Europe to slowly but surely move towards a United States of Europe (or a European Federation, or whatever). Looking at the USA now, perhaps the USA should evolve ore towards an American Union - power to the States, scrap most of the federal government. Yeah, some states will be totally and utterly fucked, just like some parts of Europe still are (hi my Polish and Hungarian gay friends! How are you doing these da....oh, you don't exist? Neat), but at least most of the parts with lots of people in 'm could move forward.
I'm scared to think how many US states would be literal third world countries judged on their own merits.