[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

figmentPez

Staff member
A veteran died in police custody. His body was returned to his family with some organs missing

" Two days before he died, Everett Palmer Jr. called his brother, Dwayne, to tell him he was on his way from Delaware to New York to visit him and their sick mother. But first, he said, he wanted to resolve an outstanding DUI warrant from an incident in 2016 in Pennsylvania to make sure his license was valid for the drive to see his family.

"The phone call was the last time the family would hear from the 41-year-old US Army veteran and father of two.

"On April 9, 2018, two days later, the family was told that Palmer had died in police custody at the York County Prison. Fourteen months later, the Palmers say they still don’t know what really happened. But they are suspicious because when Palmer’s body was returned to them, his throat, heart and brain were missing."

Though in fairness, the missing body parts doesn't necessarily sound like anything nefarious; they're being held by a lab for investigation due to his death.

Apparently the official explanation is that he binged Meth 12-22 hours before going in to talk to the police. Then couldn't come up with $500 for bail. Then 2 days later entered a psychotic state due to the meth he took nearly 3 days before.

figmentPez

Staff member
Body camera video shows officers berating 5-year-old boy

"A police department in Maryland has released body camera video that captured two of its officers berating a 5-year-old boy who had walked away from his elementary school, calling him a 'little beast' and threatening him with a beating.

"The video released Friday by the Montgomery County Police Department shows one of the officers repeatedly screaming at the crying child, with her face inches from his.

“Oh, my God, I’d beat him so bad,” the officer said in the child's presence before telling him, “You do not embarrass me like this at school.”
“Shut that noise up now!” the other officer shouted near the boy's face. “I hope your momma let me beat you.”

Good news! According to a report commissioned by Boris Johnson the UK does not have any institutional racism. Any apparent disadvantages non-white people suffer from are actually down to failings by the individual or family involved rather than a problem with British society, so if we could all stop using the term "white privilege" that'd be great.

I confess I'm not sure how individual or family failings could lead to things like BAME people being 9 times more likely to be stopped by the police, 4 times more likely to die in childbirth or need to apply for 60% more jobs to receive the same amount of responses from prospective employers, but I'm sure the people running the report know what they're talking about. They're very intelligent people after all. So intelligent that they didn't even actually need to do the report - they'd claimed that institutional racism wasn't a thing in the UK before this report was even commissioned!

In fact with them already knowing that it's almost like this whole report was just a complete waste of time.

I confess I'm not sure how individual or family failings could lead to things like BAME people being 9 times more likely to be stopped by the police, 4 times more likely to die in childbirth or need to apply for 60% more jobs to receive the same amount of responses from prospective employers, but I'm sure the people running the report know what they're talking about. They're very intelligent people after all. So intelligent that they didn't even actually need to do the report - they'd claimed that institutional racism wasn't a thing in the UK before this report was even commissioned!
They're all just accidents, aren't they?

It's incredibly sad that even with his own police chief testifying against him, that I feel like he's still not going to see much if any jail time.

TIL that the reason the cashier at the store called the police on George Floyd over the counterfeit 20 dollar bill, was because the owners of the store have a "policy" that any money lost or counterfeit on the cashier's til is removed from the cashier's paycheck.

When pressed, the owners said that it was not a real policy but just something they say to new young employees to teach them a lesson on fiscal responsibility and they always paid them a full wage. (You know, since such a policy would be terrible illegal if real.)

As someone that has grown disenfranchised by bankrupt corporate practices, finding out that whole thing was sparked because of a cashier freaking out over losing his wages just adds another layer of crap to the whole thing for me.

I still don't get it.

Even ignoring the whole air freshener thing, he supposedly had a warrant out for his arrest. When they told him to leave the vehicle, he attempted to drive away, which the police then shot him.

What I don't get is, why? Why does driving away have to lead to death? Was a cop in front of the car? So he decides to run. You can give chase, or hell, arrest him later when he likely flees to his mothers house or a friends, with the added charge of resisting arrest. Did they fear he was going to hurt his girlfriend, who was in the car with him? Because I think you guys did more damage to the girlfriend when you shot her boyfriend in front of her. Did they think he would just go on a killing spree?

What's even worst is that they know the Derek Chauvin trial is happening right now. They KNOW a lot of people are one edge in Minneapolis when it comes to cops. It's really not a good idea to escalate these types of situations with live fire unless the dude was literally wanted for murder, and only then if they knew someone else was in immediate danger.

So, again, why?

(You don't have to answer, this is all rhetorical. We know why.)

I still don't get it.

Even ignoring the whole air freshener thing, he supposedly had a warrant out for his arrest. When they told him to leave the vehicle, he attempted to drive away, which the police then shot him.

What I don't get is, why? Why does driving away have to lead to death? Was a cop in front of the car? So he decides to run. You can give chase, or hell, arrest him later when he likely flees to his mothers house or a friends, with the added charge of resisting arrest. Did they fear he was going to hurt his girlfriend, who was in the car with him? Because I think you guys did more damage to the girlfriend when you shot her boyfriend in front of her. Did they think he would just go on a killing spree?

What's even worst is that they know the Derek Chauvin trial is happening right now. They KNOW a lot of people are one edge in Minneapolis when it comes to cops. It's really not a good idea to escalate these types of situations with live fire unless the dude was literally wanted for murder, and only then if they knew someone else was in immediate danger.

So, again, why?

(You don't have to answer, this is all rhetorical. We know why.)
Because we live in a world where at any moment police can force a game of Simon says on you, and if you lose you die.

So the police are saying the officer that shot the guy was reaching for his taser and even yelled "taser!", but instead pulled out his hand gun and shot the guy.

So either the officer is incompetent or trying to cover his ass by acting incompetent. I don't know what is worst.

So the police are saying the officer that shot the guy was reaching for his taser and even yelled "taser!", but instead pulled out his hand gun and shot the guy.

So either the officer is incompetent or trying to cover his ass by acting incompetent. I don't know what is worst.
So he wanted the guy operating the 2 ton missle to have his muscles locked up? Seems more dangerous than shooting.

They released the body cam footage. It looks like she did intend to draw her taser.
I don’t think that excuses anything. If anything it shows that police shouldn’t be carrying guns at all.

figmentPez

Staff member
They released the body cam footage. It looks like she did intend to draw her taser.
I don’t think that excuses anything. If anything it shows that police shouldn’t be carrying guns at all.
If she intended to draw her taser, then she's incompetent enough that she shouldn't be trusted to drive a car or anything else that involves telling your right from your left in an emergency situation.

I agree with Pez. I fully accept that she meant to use her taser instead of gun. But the inability to keep them straight resulted in a man’a death, and she should be held legally responsible for that. You don’t get to be a police officer, with all the trappings of prestige that come with the title, only to be reckless with your actions.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
To be clear, I don't presume to know if she meant to draw her taser or not. For all I know, she intentionally shouted "taser!" to cover up the fact that she knew she was trigger happy.

To be clear, I don't presume to know if she meant to draw her taser or not. For all I know, she intentionally shouted "taser!" to cover up the fact that she knew she was trigger happy.
If this defense works I wouldn't be surprised if shouting tazer before a fatal shooting becomes commonplace.

They already shout "stop resisting " while beating nonresisting people so what's one more lie?

Well, yeah. If it was a mistake it’s a pretty serious one, especially for a 20+ year officer. I would hope charges of some sort would be brought up. Just listening to the audio, to me it sounds like she really intended to draw a taser, but I’m no expert.