[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

I only just read this book like 6 months ago. I had no idea it was being made into a show.

Also, other than the premise, they've changed just about everything but mainly making Kovacs NOT a functioning member of modern society. I hope that if they continue the series through later books that Kovacs will be played by different actors.

How long until it gets remade in the US with someone like Seth Rogen or Adam Sandler?

--Patrick
That is unlikely.

It'll be Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, AND Kevin James. With Rob Schneider as the villain, Drew Barrymore as the female lead, David Spade dressed up as the alien guy, and Andy Dick playing a bit part that gets greatly expanded for no reason.

fade

Staff member
It still bugs me that the comic was supposed to be aimed at an older audience, and had all the things the "regular" comics didn't, like gory, on-screen kills and implied sex and all that. And then they completely inverted that idea for the first (well first 2000s show--not counting the cornball 70s adaptations) cartoon in a really bad attempt to cash in on the rising popularity of anime. Then they subverted it even further with Go! Bleh.

So Deep Blue Sea 2 is... just Deep Blue Sea 1, but with a worse cast. Why are they even bothering then? The first is still a classic.

Okay, I'm down for this. Getting a bit of Shape of Water from it too.

Dave

Staff member
I was going to make a joke about being shark-kin and how you've insulted me, but I can't type that even ironically. The stupid burned.

I recently saw a headline whereby a shark conservation group got an influx of donations attributed to Trump's fear of sharks. Be kind of funny if DBS2 opens #1 due to a Trump bump.

Dave

Staff member
I would also watch this. I saw it before when everyone thought it was a real movie. But how weird that they got so many big names to do a fake movie trailer.[DOUBLEPOST=1517315482,1517315455][/DOUBLEPOST]And why are we spoiling something that's not even real?!?