[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
Dude, dude, DUDE....could you IMAGINE the feminist outrage if she WASN'T in the trailer?! I was half-expecting them to forget her! If their's anyone their saving for the sequel its that weird bat guy you can turn into if you get that one power-up.
Well, if you're going to get into the sequels, then you've got all sorts of giant monsters to work with. Rampage Total Destruction has like 30 characters in it.

I was watching the original with Li'l Z a few weeks ago. I love seeing how the characters still look the same, but the level of detail and animation quality has improved so much.

I was watching the original with Li'l Z a few weeks ago. I love seeing how the characters still look the same, but the level of detail and animation quality has improved so much.
Think of how much better the explosions will look!
...cuz that’s why people watch these movies, right? Explosions? Brooding? Eh?

—Patrick

There's a sequel to Gnomeo and Juliet coming in 2018.
In 3-D.
What.
No, I'm not linking it.

--Patrick
Huh. I actually went to this movie with my then-girlfriend-now-wife, and we liked it well enough. It's fine as a fun little date movie. But I'd completely forgotten this movie existed until you reminded me of it, that's how forgettable it is.

EDIT: Also, looking up the first movie now... that's a ridiculously star-studded voice cast.

I get very suspicious when an animated movie has a lot of big name stars. More often than not, they put more effort into getting names than the script and it shows. Especially since voice acting isn't the same as regular acting.

I can already tell by the trailer that Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom can fuck off. At first I was happy we might get some resolution when they left Blue alone after the rest of her pack was killed off for funzies, but that last scene? No thanks.

I think the difference between the original trilogy and these new movies is that the people making the original movies, good and bad, saw the dinosaurs as animals, whereas the people making these new ones see them as special effects monsters. I'm more of the former, so I really don't feel like watching a bunch of animals getting burned alive or drowning. Imagine a movie where you did the trailer's final scene with dogs, and that's pretty much why I'm not seeing this movie.

figmentPez

Staff member
I can already tell by the trailer that Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom can fuck off. At first I was happy we might get some resolution when they left Blue alone after the rest of her pack was killed off for funzies, but that last scene? No thanks.

I think the difference between the original trilogy and these new movies is that the people making the original movies, good and bad, saw the dinosaurs as animals, whereas the people making these new ones see them as special effects monsters. I'm more of the former, so I really don't feel like watching a bunch of animals getting burned alive or drowning. Imagine a movie where you did the trailer's final scene with dogs, and that's pretty much why I'm not seeing this movie.
I agree with this, so much. Why would someone want a whole movie that's about the forest fire scene in Bambi?

Last edited:
Here's the trailer so we can see what Zero Esc is ranting about. :p

I didn't even see the first Jurassic World. I doubt I'll bother with this. Also, am I wrong, or didn't they do the "running from dinosaurs in a ball" thing in the last one, too? I swear it looks shot-by-shot exactly the same.

1:58 mark of that. Star lord dies from Pyroclastic flow. From wikipedia:
A pyroclastic flow (also known as a pyroclastic density current or a pyroclastic cloud)[1] is a fast-moving current of hot gas and volcanic matter (collectively known as tephra) that moves away from a volcano reaching speeds of up to 700 km/h (430 mph).[2] The gases can reach temperatures of about 1,000 °C (1,830 °F).
He's dead. Set ON FIRE by 1,000 degree gases. Hell, it has the name "pyro" in it. It's HOT. And FYI the speed of sound (at sea level, of which they're clearly close enough on that island) is 761mph, which btw that flow is going MORE THAN HALF THE SPEED OF SOUND.

They are SO dead.

I didn't even see the first Jurassic World. I doubt I'll bother with this. Also, am I wrong, or didn't they do the "running from dinosaurs in a ball" thing in the last one, too? I swear it looks shot-by-shot exactly the same.
They did; the balls were the "safe off roading" vehicle designed to allow visitors to observe dinos up close. So it's more of a call back than anything; they are using the vehicle left on the island to get around , I guess.

They did; the balls were the "safe off roading" vehicle designed to allow visitors to observe dinos up close. So it's more of a call back than anything; they are using the vehicle left on the island to get around , I guess.
I get all that. I'm saying the fact that, as far as I know, it's a shot-for-shot reenactment. A callback is one thing. Doing it exactly the same as the last is another.

Dave

Staff member
1:58 mark of that. Star lord dies from Pyroclastic flow. From wikipedia:

He's dead. Set ON FIRE by 1,000 degree gases. Hell, it has the name "pyro" in it. It's HOT. And FYI the speed of sound (at sea level, of which they're clearly close enough on that island) is 761mph, which btw that flow is going MORE THAN HALF THE SPEED OF SOUND.

They are SO dead.
Yeah, they aren’t killing him off. It’ll be smoke or something that doesn’t make him a pile of ash.

I enjoyed Jurassic World for the dumb movie that it was, but that trailer doesn't show any signs of an interesting movie.

It had better have a hell of a plot twist in there somewhere.

Oh good, one I haven’t seen. Now I can see the American version first so I can think of it as the superior one.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
My idea for a more interesting Jurassic World 2

The next movie jumps 200 years into the future. Dinosaurs have taken over the planet and humans are living in small hidden parks.

You're welcome Hollywood.
That’s brilliant.