[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Stereotypical yes, but I always felt he was like Marvel's Joker, and I say that in a good way because his insane lines could get awesome.

I mean I'd LIKE to say Green Goblin is Marvel's Joker, but his is a more SERIOUS insanity.

fade

Staff member
The fact that he has enough personality to classify as stereotypical puts him ahead of most supervillains, unfortunately.

You know, I wonder if they might use Carnage in place of the five symbiotes that the Life Foundation created? They made Scream, Phage, Riot, Lasher, and Agony, with Scream being the only one who got to stand out even a bit.

It wouldn't surprise me if they used Carnage as a substitute for all five of those symbiotes, or even most of them.

You know, I wonder if they might use Carnage in place of the five symbiotes that the Life Foundation created? They made Scream, Phage, Riot, Lasher, and Agony, with Scream being the only one who got to stand out even a bit.

It wouldn't surprise me if they used Carnage as a substitute for all five of those symbiotes, or even most of them.
OH come on, they had personalities, like how Phage...or how Riot...okay yeah Carnage could easily work as a substitute.

I liked Carnage in the 90s and Maximum Carnage is a guilty pleasure because it was one of the first major Spider-Man stories I read, even if it hasn't aged well.

But there's only so much story you can do with a personality that's basically just "yeah! Go chaos and murder!" To which I'm sure someone will say, "Joker?" But Joker is much more nuanced than that and more far more interesting. Carnage is just an uninteresting kill machine compared to so many other great Spidey villains.

I liked Carnage in the 90s and Maximum Carnage is a guilty pleasure because it was one of the first major Spider-Man stories I read, even if it hasn't aged well.

But there's only so much story you can do with a personality that's basically just "yeah! Go chaos and murder!" To which I'm sure someone will say, "Joker?" But Joker is much more nuanced than that and more far more interesting. Carnage is just an uninteresting kill machine compared to so many other great Spidey villains.
Heck I’d say the worst part about Joker in the last 30 years has been that kind of bad characterization.

Heck I’d say the worst part about Joker in the last 30 years has been that kind of bad characterization.
With some exceptions. Like the DCAU and Dark Knight. While Ledger's Joker was that kind of chaos-and-killing kind, he was incredibly interesting and had more than that going for him.

figmentPez

Staff member
It's more fun than it is good. In fact, the reasons it's fun are the reasons it's bad: tons of characters and little to no plot besides "stop Carnage". Yeah, they tried to have the whole thing be about morality, picking characters that most typified good, gray/anti-hero, and evil, but I don't feel like that really went anywhere beyond "being good is hard, but worth it". Each "team" was very one note. Team evil, especially, were comical but had very little depth. Carnage was "I like to kill and I have daddy issues", Shriek was "I like to kill and I'm obsessed with Carnage, so I've got parental issues, too." While the doppelganger, Carrion, and Demogoblin were just "Grr, kill" for the majority of the story.

"Kill, kill, kill. I hate my father. Kill. Carnage never dies! Kill!" is not a personality, it's a spectacle.

I'm not big into comics, and never have been, so I may be WAY off base, but my impression of Carnage was always that he was evil, as opposed to a villain. What I mean, he didn't really seem to have goals, just to, well, cause a lot of mayhem and death and suffering for its own sake. Whereas Venom and other enemies of Spider-Man always seemed to have an objective, they were bad guys, and they did evil, but to an end. Carnage was just evil. And I kinda thought that was cool.

But like I said, this is based on a real cursory flirtation with comics.

No, that's kinda the vibe I got from him, too.

"I stumbled into all this power, I'm gonna do bad things with it cuz I'm a troll, and you can't stop me, nyeaahh, nyeahh."

--Patrick

I'm not big into comics, and never have been, so I may be WAY off base, but my impression of Carnage was always that he was evil, as opposed to a villain. What I mean, he didn't really seem to have goals, just to, well, cause a lot of mayhem and death and suffering for its own sake. Whereas Venom and other enemies of Spider-Man always seemed to have an objective, they were bad guys, and they did evil, but to an end. Carnage was just evil. And I kinda thought that was cool.

But like I said, this is based on a real cursory flirtation with comics.
Carnage is less interesting than that.

figmentPez

Staff member
Spoilers abound in this new inside look at Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom:

Seems that there's more to the movie than just the island exploding. Which brings back some of my interest, but I'm still not sure that the filmmakers have got the right attitude towards the dinosaurs.

So what is AVP: Requiem?
AVP: Requiem is equivalent to the Jurassic Park Tresspasser video game from 1998. And if you don't know about that game, I highly recommend checking it out on Youtube or the like, to see what a train wreck it is.

To give you an idea of this game, it's a FPS game where your character is a woman wearing a low-cut top, and your health is represented by a heart-shaped tattoo on your character's left boob. That's right, to check your health, you look down at your own cleavage.

Last edited:
Spoilers abound in this new inside look at Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom:

Seems that there's more to the movie than just the island exploding. Which brings back some of my interest, but I'm still not sure that the filmmakers have got the right attitude towards the dinosaurs.
I keep watching each trailer and I don't know why. There's not a thing I can think of that they could reveal that would get me interested enough to go.

to bad thanks to some racist assholes who claim to be "fans" of the "the witcher" franchise the show get some attention right now the show runners didn't expect or want.

@Dave : Showrunner Lauren S. Hissrich posted this picture of the writing room.

Some assholes on the internet noticed that among the writers are black people and women.
Now they fear some sort of forced diversity on the show and complained. They are just a minority but it's still strange seeing complains like these in a time like this.

Or maybe not.

Some assholes on the internet noticed that among the writers are black people and women.
Now they fear some sort of forced diversity on the show and complained. They are just a minority but it's still strange seeing complains like these in a time like this.
Real assholes on the internet or Russian agents posing as trolls?

@Dave : Showrunner Lauren S. Hissrich posted this picture of the writing room.

Or maybe not.
Oh noes, diversity in a show based on books that tried to tell people that not everyone that looked like a monster was one? The humanity...

But what if they make teh main cast women have magical powers or something...