[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Hrrrm ... while I like that they're trying to do something different, it feels like any other ghost movie, at least from this trailer. Like, they may as well not be mutants from what we're seeing here.

I feel like New Mutants will either be really good or really bad. A horror film where the protagonists have superpowers? That's an interesting premise. Now let's see if they can pull it off.

As for the trailer itself, yeah it just feels like a generic supernatural horror movie.

I feel like New Mutants will either be really good or really bad. A horror film where the protagonists have superpowers? That's an interesting premise. Now let's see if they can pull it off.

As for the trailer itself, yeah it just feels like a generic supernatural horror movie.
Generic is the right word. When they said it was going to be a horror movie, I thought the horror would have to do with their mutations and powers.

Superpowers vs supernatural or something? It worked in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3, but the movie built itself to that, because pre-dream powers, they were damaged kids against a merciless, seemingly unstoppable predator. Maybe we just don't know enough with The New Mutants, but the trailer is uninspired.

GasBandit

Staff member
Heh, "Reagan-Bush '84"... I remember that on TV even though I was only 5... FOUR MORE YEARS. FOUR MORE YEARS. FOUR MORE YEARS.

...OKAY-this looks like it could be a really good idea, but...holy shit is that a rapid departure. Was...kinda hoping we'd just see Laura and her friends fighting crime and what not, but if it works than okay.
Teaser Trailer son. Have faith.

I'm just sad that they kinda blew off Cannonball's character on to Negasonic. Sam Guthrie deserves some screentime.

So was his weird behaviour just a from of promotion for this documentary?
Man in the Moon was just a WEIRD movie... but good. WTF is this? Just how disturbed (or not?) is Carrey? Is he a method actor that goes WAY too far? Or... ???

At the least the trailer has intrigued me. That may or may not be a good thing.

Man in the Moon was just a WEIRD movie... but good. WTF is this? Just how disturbed (or not?) is Carrey? Is he a method actor that goes WAY too far? Or... ???

At the least the trailer has intrigued me. That may or may not be a good thing.
On the set of Man on the Moon, he refused to answer to his name and had to be refered to as Andy Koffman, both on and off the set. At one point he wandered onto the set with a bloody nose and claimed that Tony Clifton punched him in the face. Tony Clifton does not exist.

So yes, he is way, way into method acting and it's been a problem more than once.

Dave

Staff member
I think the premise is cool enough if handled well, but I have certain issues with it. First, why call it Rampage? I know it's "based" on the game, but I think it would be better if they just handled it like a stand-alone movie instead of a dumb video game tie-in. Second, why does Hollywood hate wolves so much? All movies have wolves as these voracious killing machines, probably trying to play on some primal aversions humans have to the predator/prey relationship we had to have had millions of years ago. But wolves are pretty cool dudes, man. They don't deserve this shit.

Last, I'm getting tired of Johnson in his "generic action guy" role.

Oof, that does not look good.

And yeah, The Rock needs to be a little more picky on his roles. Arnold had plenty of stinkers, but at least they were largely memorable stinkers due to his charisma. Rock's got charisma in spades, but the projects he's on are terrible. And he's basically the same character in all of them.

Oof, that does not look good.

And yeah, The Rock needs to be a little more picky on his roles. Arnold had plenty of stinkers, but at least they were largely memorable stinkers due to his charisma. Rock's got charisma in spades, but the projects he's on are terrible. And he's basically the same character in all of them.
I don't think Rampage looks bad, but probably middle of the road forgettable based on the trailer.

Dwayne Johnson needs a better agent. People who can't act get better roles than he does. One reason I was glad he was cast as Black Adam was because he'd finally have a vehicle role that doesn't waste his talent, but now that might not be happening.

Aw, they should've kept Lizzie in their pocket for when you actually went to see the movie.

--Patrick
Dude, dude, DUDE....could you IMAGINE the feminist outrage if she WASN'T in the trailer?! I was half-expecting them to forget her! If their's anyone their saving for the sequel its that weird bat guy you can turn into if you get that one power-up.