[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

fade

Staff member
Huge shoes to fill though. Perlman nailed it.

Also, as much as I liked the del Toro movies, they had this weird diorama feel to them. Like they took place in a shoebox, with no connection to a larger world. There was never any threat to the audience.

Huge shoes to fill though. Perlman nailed it.

Also, as much as I liked the del Toro movies, they had this weird diorama feel to them. Like they took place in a shoebox, with no connection to a larger world. There was never any threat to the audience.
There tends not to be, except maybe when William Castle had his theater hijinks.

That's a terrible poster.

#1 - no tombs
#2 - no raiding
#3 - dinosaur neck
#4 - what the fuck is that palette?

Hmm. I don't think this movie's going to be the one that bucks the "video game movies are bad" trend.

So they're doing the first of the new games, with extra backstory taken from the 2nd? I swear I played through a few of those sequences (plane in the river for example).

"Hey, if you're watching this I'm dead and the world is in danger from Trinity. Promise me you'll hand over all my information to the authorities so that the army will blow the shit out of them or something get my 20 something year old daughter to stop them singlehandedly."

Also, WB? While I have no problem with you taking inspiration from TR2013 can you please not just ape scenes from the game in your movie? Games and movies are two different mediums and what works in one won't necessarily work in the other.

Also, WB? While I have no problem with you taking inspiration from TR2013 can you please not just ape scenes from the game in your movie? Games and movies are two different mediums and what works in one won't necessarily work in the other.
WB is still pissy they didn't get to make Doom, is all.

Either the trailer is misleading or they changed the most important part of the original story.
The ending of the story won't make any sense if the victim was shot and not stabbed.

Happy (TV series, but still a trailer), based on Grant Morrison & Darick Robinson

I wasn't particularly crazy about the comic. I liked it. Didn't love it. Thought the concept might work better in a TV setting.

Judging from the trailer, I might be right. I'm down for this.

Replicas

Meanwhile, this look promising. Hopefully they don't go with the obvious "He was a replica all along, too!" twist.

Pacific Rim, brought to you by Michael Bay:

EDIT: Ok, some more thoughts:
I remember complaining about how all the action in the first movie took place at night, or in the rain, or underwater. Looks like I wasn't the only one to complain about that, because this new trailer is pretty much all daytime fights.

Jaeger fighting jaeger? I wonder how that happened. I am intrigued by the storyline.

The Power Rangers theme song started playing in my head near the end of the trailer.

All in all, this looks quite different from the first film. I'm feeling a bit reserved, but I think I'll still be willing to watch it and give it a chance.

Okay, this looks promising. I'm cautiously excited.

Also, can we maybe change the thread title to "Upcoming Movies & TV Shows Thread" or just "Trailers Thread"?

Pacific Rim, brought to you by Michael Bay:

EDIT: Ok, some more thoughts:
I remember complaining about how all the action in the first movie took place at night, or in the rain, or underwater. Looks like I wasn't the only one to complain about that, because this new trailer is pretty much all daytime fights.

Jaeger fighting jaeger? I wonder how that happened. I am intrigued by the storyline.

The Power Rangers theme song started playing in my head near the end of the trailer.

All in all, this looks quite different from the first film. I'm feeling a bit reserved, but I think I'll still be willing to watch it and give it a chance.
Oh great. A live action version of Transformers Prime. That show was really good.