[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Ok now this is the third trailer in about a month for a movie about a guy who decides to take matters into his own hands after someone close to him is killed. It's turning into a thing.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
Because the police are incapable of doing anything.

You know, there's not a lot of accurate portrayals of cops in movies. I mean, cops in movies always fall under three basic types: corrupt, incompetent, or glorified. You seldom see cops as people just trying to do a job and having to put up with shit. Probably because it would be hard to make a movie about that. The best cop portrayal I've seen in a long time was the cop in Stranger Things. He's initially dismissive, but he doesn't rule out the evidence from his own eyes and investigates with an open mind.
The cop in Netflix's Daredevil fits this bill pretty well.

Dave

Staff member
The cop in Netflix's Daredevil fits this bill pretty well.
True. But I still give more props to the cop in Stranger Things. The cops in Daredevil are aware of aliens, superhumans, mutants, magic, & all sorts of things. In Stranger Things it's something completely outside his realm of experience and he still keeps an open mind.

Oscar bait?
Probably. I think at this point it's clear that del Toro isn't going to put out a monster financial hit. Pacific Rim was his shot at that, and while it did well enough that we're getting a sequel, it underperformed against what WB wanted. So, might as well go for the awards. I think I said just recently in another thread, but I've seen every one of his movies, and each of them is worth watching. It's rare you can say that about any filmmaker.

Dave

Staff member
Someone thought this was a good idea:
Okay, so no need to watch the movie. She gets with Sean Astin at the end and the pets turn back into pets. And scene.[DOUBLEPOST=1504449986,1504449882][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus I wish she would marry one of the pets and have them take her name. THEY'D BE "PET MICUCCI"! :rofl:

Okay, that was fucking dumb. But I'll bet it'll still be funnier than this piece of shit.

Okay, so no need to watch the movie. She gets with Sean Astin at the end and the pets turn back into pets. And scene.[DOUBLEPOST=1504449986,1504449882][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus I wish she would marry one of the pets and have them take her name. THEY'D BE "PET MICUCCI"! :rofl:

Okay, that was fucking dumb. But I'll bet it'll still be funnier than this piece of shit.
Someone probably could've made an interesting movie from this stupid premise, but instead they went with "let's have them keep acting like animals after they turn human."