[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

One of the dumbest complaints I read was it was "Trying to be weird like the original show"...THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF HIS CHARACTER IDIOTS!

Seriously though, I can't wait. And I'm pretty sure I said it before, but DAMN can Pete do an American accent.

Starting to see The Dark Tower trailer more. I don't know if it's the Morricone music manipulating me, but I kinda want to see even though all the flashy overcooked camera gimmicks make me feel I'm not going to like the movie. Pretty lukewarm on the books. That said, Idris Elba vs Matthew McConaughey, battle of the performances is hard to pass up.

GasBandit

Staff member
Starting to see The Dark Tower trailer more. I don't know if it's the Morricone music manipulating me, but I kinda want to see even though all the flashy overcooked camera gimmicks make me feel I'm not going to like the movie. Pretty lukewarm on the books. That said, Idris Elba vs Matthew McConaughey, battle of the performances is hard to pass up.
NO SCENERY LEFT UNCHEWED

NO SCENERY LEFT UNCHEWED
There's a Marvel comic with a Thor v. Hercules arm wrestling match, where they try to settle once and for all which is stronger.
The arm wrestling match destroys pretty much everything around them, but we never find out who wins, because they're still going at the end.
This sounds like it could go like that.

--Patrick

...Oprah?
I mean, it's been a while since I last read the book, so I don't know how she fits.
Gotta wonder if they'll try to cram all three books into the one movie, though.

--Patrick

8-10 yrs ago I would have been super stoked to see Nolan directing a WWII movie. I think Dunkirk is certainly an interesting story, and I really like the cast. I am sort of tired of WWII movies though.

8-10 yrs ago I would have been super stoked to see Nolan directing a WWII movie. I think Dunkirk is certainly an interesting story, and I really like the cast. I am sort of tired of WWII movies though.
It's not a WWII movie, it's an artistic masterpiece about the human condition that happens to be placed during WWII.

I mean, I haven't seen the movie, but that's what I've heard. Also, it's apparently the second coming of Christ, and will cure AIDS.

So, I've heard widespread mockery of The Room before, because I don't live under a rock, but I've never actually seen the film itself. Out of curiosity, I decided to look up a few clips in Youtube.

What the frakking fark?

I think my brain is hemorrhaging from how bad this acting is. It's like a bunch of grown ups decided to do their best impression of a school project video made by junior high schoolers.

So, I've heard widespread mockery of The Room before, because I don't live under a rock, but I've never actually seen the film itself. Out of curiosity, I decided to look up a few clips in Youtube.

What the frakking fark?

I think my brain is hemorrhaging from how bad this acting is. It's like a bunch of grown ups decided to do their best impression of a school project video made by junior high schoolers.
Yeah. It's an astonishingly awful production. And staggering in its lack of self awareness and obvious attempt to be some kind of weird ass art movie.

The interesting thing about this is that it's produced by the guy who does The Dreamland Chronicles. Yes a Webcomic artist "got big" to a degree. And he's listed as the first producer on this (Scott Christian Sava, check, it's at the end of the trailer).

Some big names are attached to this one. Could be OK, or not. No way to tell from a trailer these days.

The interesting thing about this is that it's produced by the guy who does The Dreamland Chronicles. Yes a Webcomic artist "got big" to a degree. And he's listed as the first producer on this (Scott Christian Sava, check, it's at the end of the trailer).

Some big names are attached to this one. Could be OK, or not. No way to tell from a trailer these days.
"I'm a hamsteeeerrrr!"
No you're not, you're a guinea pig! Big difference!
Starring Danny DeVito as...Danny DeVito.

--Patrick

I think this one is more "Squick."

--Patrick
Or "Scaly."* At first I thought it was a remake of the third Creature from the Black Lagoon movie.

*for those who don't know, "scaly" is the reptile equivalent of a furry, so instead of having sex while dressed as foxes and cats, they dress as lizards and fish. I bet anyone who didn't know that didn't want to! :awesome:

Or "Scaly."* At first I thought it was a remake of the third Creature from the Black Lagoon movie.

*for those who don't know, "scaly" is the reptile equivalent of a furry, so instead of having sex while dressed as foxes and cats, they dress as lizards and fish. I bet anyone who didn't know that didn't want to! :awesome:
So, uh, would a healthy admiration for mermaids fall under the purview of scaly?

Askin' for a friend.

New Kingsman 2 trailer:

I like the previous trailer better. The 2nd one is always worse than the original...

Oh wait, got into another mode there. Continue on!

Seriously though, I think the 1st trailer is better. More "atmosphere" or something.

New Kingsman 2 trailer:

I like the previous trailer better. The 2nd one is always worse than the original...

Oh wait, got into another mode there. Continue on!

Seriously though, I think the 1st trailer is better. More "atmosphere" or something.
I haven't seen the first movie, won't be at the second, and I say that to illustrate I have no stake in this. The first trailer for Kingsman 2 is a work of art in the craft of trailer-making. Easily some of the best editing a trailer has had this summer.

Can't watch the second right now, but I'm going to guess it's more a typical workmanlike movie trailer.