[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
Nyeehh, I've seen this movie before, things are gonna start off fine, then one day something's gonna change and there's gonna be a conflict that the main character has to resolve within the 2 hours the movie runs, and then things will be fine again. Let's see something new for once!

Nyeehh, I've seen this movie before, things are gonna start off fine, then one day something's gonna change and there's gonna be a conflict that the main character has to resolve within the 2 hours the movie runs, and then things will be fine again. Let's see something new for once!
It's like I was there.

Dude, spoilers.

Because there's nothing new, nothing surprising, and nothing that we haven't seen before a thousand times. No need to watch the movie because you already know what it is, what it's trying to be, and how it's going to turn out.
I honest to god read everything you said on this topic picturing an old man on a porch yelling at kids going to the theater next door, and in my mind it was flawless.

Dave

Staff member
I honest to god read everything you said on this topic picturing an old man on a porch yelling at kids going to the theater next door, and in my mind it was flawless.
Yeah, yeah. I get what you guys are saying, but at the same time it's trying to take a movie and use it as a base and then there's NOTHING even remotely similar between the two. It's going to be a shit show and when you all go see it and lament wasting your money I'm going to be laughing, and about $8-10 richer than you. $20 if you get popcorn.

Yeah, yeah. I get what you guys are saying, but at the same time it's trying to take a movie and use it as a base and then there's NOTHING even remotely similar between the two. It's going to be a shit show and when you all go see it and lament wasting your money I'm going to be laughing, and about $8-10 richer than you. $20 if you get popcorn.
I'll see it and be out $3 for the ticket and $5 for coke and popcorn.

Dave? Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave! Dave, look at me. Right here. No no, here. On your right. No, your OTHER right. Okay, good. Now focus. Look me in the eyes and listen carefully.

Karen Gillan.

Hot Pants.

Lemme say that again.

KAREN GILLAN.

HOT

PANTS.

GasBandit

Staff member
Dave? Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave! Dave, look at me. Right here. No no, here. On your right. No, your OTHER right. Okay, good. Now focus. Look me in the eyes and listen carefully.

Karen Gillan.

Hot Pants.

Lemme say that again.

KAREN GILLAN.

HOT

PANTS.
Ever since I posted that GIF of Karen Gillan naked over in the NSFW gif thread, I guess he thinks he doesn't need the eye candy any more :p

Dave

Staff member

Karen Gillan.

Hot Pants.

Lemme say that again.

KAREN GILLAN.

HOT

PANTS.
Already got pictures of that from the movie profile shoot and previews. No need to see the movie for that.

Yeah, it's like when they made a sequel to that crappy movie Manhunter that had hardly anything to do with it, and called it Silence of the Lambs. It's like, what's the point? Shoulda scrapped that one.

(That said, the new Jumanji does look like shit, so I only disagree with you in principle, not this particular execution)

@Dave thats Alton Brown, looking over props from his former cooking show, Good Eats. It was announced last year that he would be making a new online show that would be the spiritual successor.

fade

Staff member
I still feel like the only person alive who really dislikes Adam Savage. Might have something to do with knowing people who met him in person and say he's a really arrogant prick in real life.

GasBandit

Staff member
I still feel like the only person alive who really dislikes Adam Savage. Might have something to do with knowing people who met him in person and say he's a really arrogant prick in real life.
Jamie actually also considers him "just a coworker," for whatever that means.

Basically Adam and Jamie don't especially like each other as people, they just happen to work well together. They basically don't socialize/spend time together outside of Mythbusters and related appearances.

I liked the earlier seasons of Good Eats, but there was a certain point where Alton just got kind of ridiculous (as in, a large amount of prep work for a dish of convenience) and I was done with it. No, Alton, I'm not going to spend 90 minutes prepping everything to make fucking grilled cheese sandwiches.

Basically Adam and Jamie don't especially like each other as people, they just happen to work well together. They basically don't socialize/spend time together outside of Mythbusters and related appearances.

I liked the earlier seasons of Good Eats, but there was a certain point where Alton just got kind of ridiculous (as in, a large amount of prep work for a dish of convenience) and I was done with it. No, Alton, I'm not going to spend 90 minutes prepping everything to make fucking grilled cheese sandwiches.
Have you *had* one of those grilled cheese sandwiches, though? Bliss. :p

The purpose of good eats has never been about following route directions for a recipe, but rather using a recipe to teach cooking principles. So it's not "here's everything you need to make a grilled cheese," but instead "we're going to use making grilled cheese as a way to show the different ways to utilize cheese in cooking"

The purpose of good eats has never been about following route directions for a recipe, but rather using a recipe to teach cooking principles. So it's not "here's everything you need to make a grilled cheese," but instead "we're going to use making grilled cheese as a way to show the different ways to utilize cheese in cooking"
And how to turn two cast iron skillets into a panini press. :D

Dave

Staff member
Never watched a cooking show all the way through. Not even the competition ones. I have watched a "Kitchen Nightmares" episode, but that was during Amy's descent into darkness and I wanted to be on that schadenfreude train.

Never watched a cooking show all the way through. Not even the competition ones. I have watched a "Kitchen Nightmares" episode, but that was during Amy's descent into darkness and I wanted to be on that schadenfreude train.
If you like cooking at all, I think you would like good eats. Alton Brown is big on going into the "why" of cooking, looking at the science behind it, and is also a cinephile and so includes lots of movie references

Alton's shows are edutainment. They're what you would get if Bill Nye were obsessed with culinary science instead of physical science.

--Patrick

Last edited: