The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

I hope he's ok. Considering how often he participates in the ring still I would have never have suspected.

Zack Ryder will face Antonio Cesaro for the US Championship tonight at Night of Champions.

WOO! WOO! WOO! You know it.

Zappit

Staff member
Vince has been totally rips hit lately, getting rid of writers who struggled to adapt to the three hour Raw format. He's basically personally pushing Ryback to the forefront, too, even though he's been botching it a bit.

So Jack Swagger just returned to the WWE after recovering from an injury.
He has been given a manager to help with his vocal skills.
He has a new story line about getting rid of immigrants to return America to greatness, putting him directly opposite the World Heavyweight Champion.
On Sunday he won the Elimination Chamber to become the #1 contender to face the World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania.

So naturally on Tuesday he was arrested for DUI and marijuana possession.

So Jack Swagger just returned to the WWE after recovering from an injury.
He has been given a manager to help with his vocal skills.
He has a new story line about getting rid of immigrants to return America to greatness, putting him directly opposite the World Heavyweight Champion.
On Sunday he won the Elimination Chamber to become the #1 contender to face the World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania.
swaggie_time.gif

So naturally on Tuesday he was arrested for DUI and marijuana possession.
career_gone.jpg

This is when they put MARK FUCKING HENRY back in the world title picture and take on Del Rio for the belt at WM.

Because somebody's wig should be split on the biggest stage of them all.

Zappit

Staff member
Taker-Punk at Wrestlemania. They weren't sure he would do it this year - the sticking issue being health or money. (Money.) the Cena-Punk match tonight was completely dependent on if Taker was in this year. If not, Punk would have won and taken on the Rock. This pretty much confirms Cena beats Rock, which lets Dwayne have an easier schedule for appearances and movie making.

Here we go - he's competing tonight, too!
http://www.prowrestling.com/the-undertaker-returns-to-action-at-wwe-live-event-in-texas-tonight/

No Undertaker on Raw, but the Cena Punk match is a must see. One of the best matches on Raw in a while, and the first time in a long time the main event match was worthy of being called a main event.

also next week...

Zappit

Staff member
I really hope the Fandango thing turns into a Brodus Clay preview situation, and it's a complete misdirection.

Why can't every week be part of the build up to Wrestlemania? Past 3 weeks have had great matches (This weeks highlight probably being Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan), and storylines that are actually interesting (non of which deal with either world title though :( ).

That was a pretty terrible Wrestlemania.

I wonder how much it eats HHH that he can't get the same crowd reaction having a match with Lesnar that Jericho can with whoever Fandango is.

Maybe he could have if they did something other than a damn one sided until it's time for Lesnar to lose, and they weren't dumb enough to try and follow Taker/Punk.

That crowd was absolutely bananas! It was AMAZING!

Regarding the Fandangoing I loved that Cena danced along to it during his match.

Also best moment of the night, spoilered for those who haven't watched it yet (GO WATCH THIS WEEK'S RAW!)
Dolph Ziggler cashing in his Money in the Bank Briefcase to become the new World Heavyweight Champion. The crowd was demanding it during the entire match between Swagger and Del Rio, and when his music hit it sounded like the roof was being blown off the IZOD Center.

So Fandangoing is now a thing.

Seriously. His theme is now a top 40 hit, tearing up itunes, and being played as a victory theme at baseball games???

All because of New Jersey!

That's why wrestling is awesome.

So Fandangoing is now a thing.

Seriously. His theme is now a top 40 hit, tearing up itunes, and being played as a victory theme at baseball games???

All because of New Jersey!

That's why wrestling is awesome.
To be fair, wouldn't it be a global effort? I mean, I would guess that there was a good mix of NJ locals, as well as people leftover from traveling to see WM

I'm so happy the Fandango thing caught on though. I was a huge fan of Johnny Curtis on Santino's Foreign Exchange, and when it was revealed he was going to be debuting as Fandango, I won't lie by saying I wasn't worried.

I thought for sure he was going to flop. But he's really owning the character, and his personality continues to shine through, regardless of how silly the gimmick is.

Man, when THQ died, the one thing that might've turned out well is some other company getting the WWE game license and finally taking it away from Yukes. Then 2K gets the license and just immediately decides to let Yukes keep making the games.

No GOD DAMN IT.

and that Booker T thing from the last page should be enough to convince anyone to fucking take the games away from Yukes.

Man Ziggler sold that stairs shot hardcore. That's why he's awesome.

In seriousness with a game (WWE14?) already in development prior to the sale, it would be a huge waste of mone not to continue on with Yukes for at least this year. There's also potential agreements THQ had with Yukes that 2k had to honor. Not to mention"people buy it anyway syndrome. See what happens in a year.

I should have mentioned this, but Living Color playing CM Punk out was effing awesome. That song is incredibly bad ass and is the best ring entrance song they have going right now. Sucks they didn't let them play the whole song. Needed more time for P Diddy performing for no reason.

Raw and Smackdown are in the UK this week. What do fans there get to see? Undertaker and Team Hell No vs. the Shield on tonight's Raw

Zappit

Staff member
This Bryan/Kane/Orton vs. The Shield thing is really making literally everything else look like filler.

Some notes:
  • Mark Henry deserves an Emmy for his performance.
  • Daniel Bryan continues to be one of the most amazing wrestlers in the company. He's making me care about a program with Orton.
  • We're finally getting a Shemus/Damian Sandow feud.
  • I'm sad there's no Divas that can keep up with AJ.
  • NXT is absolutely amazing. I'm serious guys it's fantastic. There's a manager with an ourtrageous French accent! William Regal on commentary, Dusty Rhodes as GM, long matches, great characters, belts that have significance, actual women's matches. If CM Punk and Daniel Bryan were on the show there'd be no reason to watch anything else.