The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

They are probably the most successful Canadian band, even counting the Hip, sure. But apart from their Trailer Park Boys-powered resurgence, they are also probably less well-liked than even Nickelback by the country as a whole.

Or: Blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah.

Strange family connection: my in-laws have had Fred Penner over to their house repeatedly as a guest. The first time I went to their farm, it was definitely unexpected to see a picture of Mr "The Cat Came Back" singing with my wife and her sisters :-/

Well fuck.

The language police have now ruled fuck as a common word in Canada, no longer subject to censorship.

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck.

GasBandit

Staff member
Speaking of Canadian swearing, it was a great disappointment to me when I learned it was spelled "Tabarnak!" instead of "Tabarnaque!"

How, the fuck, is Traders beating Degrassi?

That's insane.[DOUBLEPOST=1510705117,1510705062][/DOUBLEPOST]Due South vs North of 60?

NO, I LOVED BOTH SHOWS! I shouldn't have to make these decisions in the first round of voting!

North of 60 is going to lose, so I throw my vote with the underdog.

Street Cents vs Wok with Yan?

YOU MONSTERS AGAIN!

I never watched the original Degrassi series.[DOUBLEPOST=1510773153,1510772925][/DOUBLEPOST]I just realized Ready or Not is missing! Boo!

GasBandit

Staff member
You can't do that on television was Canadian?!!

...TIL.

(I only learned Are You Afraid Of The Dark was Canadian a couple years ago thanks to Jontron)

I voted in the next round.

In the first round, only a few of my picks won. In this round, none of them are going to.

I am looking forward to Sunday.