ElJuski

Staff member
I'm loving the show, even what apparently is an uneven first season. It's just that...Cibo Matto? High school kids? REALLY?

You know what sucked? Watching The Sixth Sense for the very first time, and already having it be spoiled that
Bruce Willis was a ghost.
I never got a "first viewing" of that movie, without seeing everything I should have missed the first time :(

And it was only a year after it had been out!

I could never get into Buffy. I tried, couldn't do it. I get a lot of flack for this, but I actually enjoy the movie a whole lot more than the show. I found the movie to be so bad it's funny, and the TV show just.... so bad, period. It was too campy for me to enjoy it on it's own, but not campy enough to enjoy it for the camp factor. It sits in a strange level of cheesey pergatory for me.

M

makare

When I was outside just now a kid walked by singing Don't Stop Believing. That amuses me.

When I was outside just now a kid walked by singing Don't Stop Believing. That amuses me.
The funniest thing I've ever seen was a kid with downs syndrome biking downtown on a trike bike with headphones singing (sort of) "To whip it - into shape,Shape it up, get straight. Go forward, move ahead. Try to detect it - it's not too late. To whip it, WHIP IT GOOD!"

Last month two kids ran out of the adjacent apartment building with toy guns, and one shouted, "All right, let's do this--ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!" and went barreling into the parking lot.

They were never seen again...

...by us, anyway.

Cajungal

Staff member
Oy. After waking up from a terrible dream around 2:45, I talked about it with Jake for about half an hour, then I ate crackers so my prescribed cough medicine wouldn't make me feel sick, then I watched an episode of American Dad while waiting for the medicine to knock me out. It didn't. So then I just lay down and tried to relax a while, and my mind wandered towards music. I started thinking about how boring my ukulele strumming sounds and how I could make it more interesting. Then I felt awake and motivated and starting looking up instructional videos. This would be a great night if I didn't have to be up in an hour/didn't require 6-7 hours of sleep to function. Oh well, I just bought a new bag of coffee, and I learned how to "chunk" on the uke.

I upload my facebook status saying htere's a lot of students in the library I work that show a lot of cleavage, especially visible from the glass wall of my office, wich overlooks all the library. I also said I didn't watch because it made me unconfortable.

I got two answers. From the last two girls I had been in love with. Both telling me to watch, that if they wear those clothes, they want to be watched.

I know I liked them for a reason XD

Yellow tangs we saw over the weekend. I was standing on a wall near the reef and the water was so clear we could identify the fish easily (the ones we knew at least).

"So what'd you do this weekend?"
"Checked out some tang."
"Dude, nice."
"No, I'm saying I saw some yellow fish."
"Asian fever huh, I feel you."
"..."

"So what'd you do this weekend?"
"Checked out some tang."
"Dude, nice."
"No, I'm saying I saw some yellow fish."
"Asian fever huh, I feel you."
"..."
Bernie Hou (who is Asian-American) of Alien Loves Predator related this story in one of his blogs. He and some friends were doing the dozens (your mom jokes), and at some point went out for sushi. This followed: (Bernie): This is a great piece of yellow tail." Dean: "Your mom's a great piece of yellow tail."

I love how I turned off every tracking bug/cookie/link I could in my browser, and now all the HF ads are for Chinese dating sites and Chinese brides. Talk about profiling!

--Patrick

I think Halforums has taken over my online life, which I'm okay with. But, I find myself trying to rate posts on every website I go to...facebook post has a pun? No pun rate?? But, but! Funny comment on deviantart? Y NO FUNNY RATING? Ratings: they've taken over my life.

I still get emails from direct messages from that Mass Effect 3 comment I made on some dumb ass youtube video months ago.

They're still usually calling me a fag at some point in the message too.

Remember that cheap pizza I was eating in the new picture thread?
And the fact that I'm writing a little book on advergaming, as I said in a thread in the questions subforum?

today, the cheap pizza brand I was eating launched an advergame, Angry Birds Telepizza edition.

Cosmic coincidences ahoy!

http://telepizza.angrybirds.com/

Just read about this 50 Shades of Grey thing.

Huh. I can't say it surprises me. I have read really good fan fiction in the past and said "It's to bad this is a fan fic. With a little rework this could be something marketable."

The reviews on this are so mixed, though. Is it worth picking up at all?

M

makare

I need to rewatch that. I didn't like it at all the first time I saw it but I blame the fact that I didn't get to really watch it because of all the kids around.