You know the adage, "Hope for the best, expect prepare for the worst."
FTFY

So here's a real-life, self-referential example. Despite what it seems, this is not a :troll: attempt for O HAI LOOK I FTFY'd SERA AGIN post for the sake of getting Sera all :rage:. I honestly believe the distinction warranted the correction. That is, you are not supposed to be making all of these emergency plans in order to then wait expectantly for the chance to use them. Instead, these plans should (ideally) end up a huge pile of wasted effort except for the comfort and security they provide by virtue of being prepared and ready for use. Sort of like the nuclear stockpile, y'know?

--Patrick

S

SeraRelm

Yes, but I'm not constantly preparing for the worst out of people, but most of the time I expect it, so the wording I used was correct for my situation.

So, apparently, I'll be going to my boss' funeral tomorrow morning. Joking aside, that sort of struck out of t he blue. The guy was 44 years old. Boom, hear attack, gone. I won't say he was living perfectly, but still, yikes.

fade

Staff member
He was good at his job but his heart wasn't in it.

yeaaaahhhh.png

(I will send you $10 by paypal if you bring a pair of aviators and do that whole bit when they ask if anyone has anything to say. And yes, I sincerely hope people make jokes about my death when I go. Put the fun back in FUNeral. )

S

SeraRelm

Looks like alcohol has had no adverse affect on me in conjunction with these inhalers.

He was good at his job but his heart wasn't in it.

View attachment 6277

(I will send you $10 by paypal if you bring a pair of aviators and do that whole bit when they ask if anyone has anything to say. And yes, I sincerely hope people make jokes about my death when I go. Put the fun back in FUNeral. )

Apparently he didn't die of a heart attack - that was pretty much a cover story/rumour. He actually killed himself. Which has just totally blown me away - he was one of the most living, active, enjoying-life-to-the-fullest people I knew. Not someone I'd've ever thought would do that.
And I don't have any aviators, sorry :p

Left the house to buy some milk,returned 10 minutes later to find a police,firetruck and a hearse parked infront of the entrance.
Turned out a horder died in his apartment and the recent warm weather made the corpse stink so badly that someone called the cops.
Weirdly enough, 2 years ago in the apartment below me,a woman died and was only found weeks later.She was morbidly obese and couldnt leave the house.She would have her bestfriend visit her everyday to feed,wash and cloth her and then he would play the piano (Which I could hear in my room since it was just below mine).Turns out the guy was crazy and kept on playing even after she died.The apartment,too,was totaly filled with trash.

My house is cursed....

Left the house to buy some milk,returned 10 minutes later to find a police,firetruck and a hearse parked infront of the entrance.
Turned out a horder died in his apartment and the recent warm weather made the corpse stink so badly that someone called the cops.
Weirdly enough, 2 years ago in the apartment below me,a woman died and was only found weeks later.She was morbidly obese and couldnt leave the house.She would have her bestfriend visit her everyday to feed,wash and cloth her and then he would play the piano (Which I could hear in my room since it was just below mine).Turns out the guy was crazy and kept on playing even after she died.The apartment,too,was totaly filled with trash.

My house is cursed....
Do you live in a house or an apartment?

...Can I join too? I want Chinese food and the Avengers, too. But oddly enough, the only movie playing in theatres at this hour is... XXX Gangbang Bunnies Gone Wild? Apparently? Pfft, 1:30 am, blargh.

On the upside, I do know a Chinese place that's still open :p

fade

Staff member
Just had good authentic Chinese yesterday. One of my friends (who is Chinese) knows a good place in Houston's Chinatown where the menus are all in Chinese. Delicious.

Tomorrow (the 20th) is my 34th birthday. Not doing anything to celebrate since there's no one around to celebrate it with. BUT, since I fully expect to see a flood of "Happy Birthday!" messages on Facebook, I threw down a challenge to my friends: they must wish me a happy birthday without using the words "happy" or "birthday." :D

Tomorrow (the 20th) is my 34th birthday. Not doing anything to celebrate since there's no one around to celebrate it with. BUT, since I fully expect to see a flood of "Happy Birthday!" messages on Facebook, I threw down a challenge to my friends: they must wish me a happy birthday without using the words "happy" or "birthday." :D

Just had good authentic Chinese yesterday. One of my friends (who is Chinese) knows a good place in Houston's Chinatown where the menus are all in Chinese. Delicious.
Fade, what is the name of the place? We've eaten at several down there and just wondering which one you went to.