My WFT moment. I was working with my puppy on his leash, when a pig walked into my yard and surprised my old German Shepherd. I guess he did not smell like bacon, because he was allowed to leave...

The only issue is, most of my customers who use macs, aren't exactly up with current tech, y'know? And since my last mac experience comes from OS 7.1, I have a hard time providing any useful advice.

Oh, and that tiger roaming around? Apparently the entire scare was caused by a not too terribly realistic looking stuffed animal on a truck. Like... a sloppy looking version of Hobbes level of realism. Stupid rednecks.

The One Kid Who Has No Family Members In The Audience. Is his family dead? Is he an orphan? Will he be okay? Maybe he's foreign. Maybe graduation isn't such a big deal to the Finns. Maybe his mom has to work, in which case her boss is a real prick. Shouldn't the school provide a surrogate parent for him, just so he can hear someone clap? I feel awful for this kid. Maybe he can tag along with us to the after party... JUST KIDDING. I'm not having my after party ruined by some loser.
Yo.

Due to a mix of my dad's work schedule and where my family lives vs where dad works vs where the ceremony took place, my parents didn't make it. It was awkward for me too.

My daughter will never know this feeling. Heck, in our family a small get together involves at least 40 people. This is NOT a joke. The big get togethers involve over 100 easy, and there is still too much food for even that crowd to consume.

My daughter will never know this feeling. Heck, in our family a small get together involves at least 40 people. This is NOT a joke. The big get togethers involve over 100 easy, and there is still too much food for even that crowd to consume.
Yup. No one in my family has ever felt lonely, I think. There's so many of us! This year is St. Jaques Come Home Year where all the families from that area get together for a giant festival. It's quite the sight.

Over a 2000 people are expected to show up!

My old high school calls the students' names in random order. Every year the teachers have a pool on the first, last, and middle students.

fade

Staff member
As a former prof, let me tell you, there are few things in life more boring than sitting through yet another graduation and yet another trite student speech. Or the dean's tired old same speech he gives every year. I appreciate it's new and shiny for you, but snooze.

So, I mentioned in the movie thread that I watched The Secret Of Kells with Jet this morning. I've been pretty sick so a movie sounded like a good diversion to keep him from running up the walls, seeing as it's a beautiful day and he wants to go outside.

So there we are, lying on the couch. He's playing with my hair, when one of the characters oif the move gets turned into a ghost thingy. He stops playing with my hair and he sighs a happy sigh, watching the scene, listening to its haunting music.

"Mommy." He whispers.

I'm dazed, I only had the drowsy kind of anti-nauseants. "Hm?"

"That's like my best friend!"

"Who's your best friend?" I asked, smiling. He often calls me his best friend (sad as that may be!) and I thought he was reminded of me through the girl singing.

"My Smokey Night friend."

"Night friend?"

He's still whispering, like its a secret. "Night plays with me in the big boy bed [his toddler bed]."

I keep smiling but I'm becoming a bit freaked out. "Is you night friend a boy or a girl?"

He laughed, like I said something really funny. "Nights just my friend!"

He keep laughing...then goes back to watching movie. Any other question I asked were ignored.

So, I guess Jet has an imaginary friend that keep him occupied when he wakes up at 3 in the morning everynight.

Right?

I hope he never grows out of this amazing phase. I've never heard of a child half as interesting as Jet.

Oh and "Night" is his Narnian King Sith Lord Master, coming through the wardrobe after you've fallen asleep to give him his lessons.

Well, I don't really know him, but for what you've told us, he's a very smart child with a big imagination. I wouldn't say he's "not quite right"!

M

makare

I skipped the actual graduation ceremony because it is so boring. I went to the hooding that was just for the law school though.

Well, I don't really know him, but for what you've told us, he's a very smart child with a big imagination. I wouldn't say he's "not quite right"!
Yeah... that kind of sounds like the kindergarten teacher in Uncle Buck. I'd like to think there's someone in LittleSin's family who will have the ability to respond in the same fashion as John Candy.

I went to my high school graduation, skipped the ceremony for my AS. On the fence about whether I'll go to the ceremony for my Bachelors. Had to sit through the graduation ceremonies when my mom went back to college for all three of her AS, BS and MA and yeah, seen one graduation seen them all.

There are ~100,000,000,000,000,000 ants in the world at any given moment.

I think immagonna stop mocking Ant-Man for a while...

GasBandit

Staff member
Eh, it's a John Hughes movie with John Candy. If you've seen one American, 80s, John Hughes movie, you've pretty much seen them all. It is a fun/good movie though.
... Uncle Buck is about as much a John Hughes movie as Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a historical documentary.

I don't know man, you've got the classic components - teen angst, family drama, ridiculous situations, characters with stupid names, and the situation is wrapped up at the end with a heartfelt conclusion.

Edit: I don't man? How the hell did that happen?

fade

Staff member
Yeah, I was actually going to post something similar to GasBandit . I know it is John Hughes, but it's certainly a statistical outlier that doesn't really feel like most of his others.

Ahhh. Nothing like 40 minutes of YRG yoga to feel better. I'm starting to really dig DDP's yoga. BANG!

Also, the last time I tried to do this last week, I couldn't do his series of push-ups between poses without going to my knees. Now, except for the last one, which includes slowly going down from a table position on a 10-count, holding for 10, pushing up for 10, lowering for 10, and holding for 10 before dropping down to your belly. All the others are either to the count of 3 or 5.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't know man, you've got the classic components - teen angst, family drama, ridiculous situations, characters with stupid names, and the situation is wrapped up at the end with a heartfelt conclusion.

You just described Soul Food.

M

makare

I think you might just have described life. If you consider death to be a heartfelt conclusion.