I would sooner die than give up my velvet skirt!

I will take all of you with me if I have to!

I KNOW! I'LL BUILD A GIANT MACHINE TO- oh crap, it's real
If your name starts with a military title, you're already halfway to Supervillain or Superhero, anyway. And let's be honest, villainy is more fun :cool:

Just got a message from Amazon telling me that the new shelf I'd ordered has been delayed and could be 1-2 days late. That would be the shelf that was due to be delivered today, was delivered today & which I'd already received before they messaged me.

Okay, then.

Just got a message from Amazon telling me that the new shelf I'd ordered has been delayed and could be 1-2 days late. That would be the shelf that was due to be delivered today, was delivered today & which I'd already received before they messaged me.

Okay, then.
I have a number of Amazon orders in my order history which were delivered just fine, but are sitting in "The postal service may have lost this package" status. If I were the unscrupulous type, I would go through and claim refunds for all of them.

Okay, then.
I have a friend that got a delivery, was then told his delivery was delayed, and then got refunded for said item because they couldn't deliver it. So he just shrugged and enjoyed the item he got for free.

A different time, he was missing an item and when he contacted customer service, he got sent 2 instead. The item was the new 2 TB SSD drive for his computer. So he got 4 TB for the price of 2.

Yet another time, he ordered an item and got said item no problem. AND a rug from Bed, Bath, & Beyond that was NOT his, but somehow got stuck in his order AND ALSO just so happened to fit the decor of his new house perfectly.

He has stupid good luck when it comes to ordering things online.

They asked me to return a dog bowl they shipped broken once. All these stories I hear about "Oh just keep it" and I get asked to send them a bunch of ceramic shards back.

Last edited:
So, I've posted before about being in the process of buying a house. Which means I'm hyper-vigilant about everything going on with my bank accounts. I have alerts set up for all kinds of activities.

Today, I got a $.01 deposit. One penny. I immediately fear that this is a probe to verify banking information, and then tomorrow my account would be emptied. So I called the bank. The rep couldn't see where the penny was coming from, so they transferred me to fraud. After explaining the situation, she says "Well, it's from Barnes and Noble..."
And I just laugh and laugh and laugh. I have never had many book sales from Barnes and Noble, but I did log in last week and see that they were waiting on an updated W9 tax form from me, so I sent it in.

That's a one penny royalty check.

I got a bug up my ass about having omurice and went through the menu of every Japanese place in Alberta and not a single one makes it.

I don't want to learn how to make an omelette that way, I want to pay someone to make it for me.

I got a bug up my ass about having omurice and went through the menu of every Japanese place in Alberta and not a single one makes it.

I don't want to learn how to make an omelette that way, I want to pay someone to make it for me.
This reminds me of the curry and pork cutlet omurice I had a few years ago in a restaurant that has since closed down. It was amazing.

Not sure where you are in Alberta, but apparently Umami Shop (814–4th Ave S Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 0P2) does indeed sell it and does delivery, amongst a bunch of other delicious sounding food.

Only a 10 hour drive, no biggie.
If it's any consulation, I have the same problem here in Columbus and the only place I know of that does it is a Korean place and the omelette is extra. I really don't get why it's not a more popular breakfast thing at the 24/7 places.

Choir concert tonight! First time I've sung with a real choir (not a church choir) in... A decade? More? 15 years? Oy, I don't want to think about it.
Either way, I have a spoken solo that involves a comedic bag of gold and bribing a city council on behalf of the three little pigs. It's... A thing.
Also, we perform again tomorrow afternoon! So Halifax peeps, come and listen!

Doing my ProServe (a certification to allow you to sell/serve alcohol in my province) and on TWO occasions it mentions that is illegal to have minors serve as nude entertainers. How... how often has it happened that it is in this course TWICE? BAC calculation is mentioned one time!

Doing my ProServe (a certification to allow you to sell/serve alcohol in my province) and on TWO occasions it mentions that is illegal to have minors serve as nude entertainers. How... how often has it happened that it is in this course TWICE? BAC calculation is mentioned one time!
Constantly. It's not entirely uncommon for someone 15-17 (or younger) to just claim they're 18 to get a job that'll both support them and not ask questions, ether because they got kicked out of their home or are otherwise on the run for some reason... and that's without getting into human trafficking.

As a denizen of Northern Alberta, twice probably isn't enough.

Constantly. It's not entirely uncommon for someone 15-17 (or younger) to just claim they're 18 to get a job that'll both support them and not ask questions, ether because they got kicked out of their home or are otherwise on the run for some reason... and that's without getting into human trafficking.
There was a scandal at a school I worked for where several members of the dance/drill team were legally dancing in strip joints. At the time it was legal for any girl over 14 "with parental permission" to work nude. I think the coach/sponsor was also helping the girls find the jobs.