Dave

Staff member
There was a scandal at a school I worked for where several members of the dance/drill team were legally dancing in strip joints. At the time it was legal for any girl over 14 "with parental permission" to work nude. I think the coach/sponsor was also helping the girls find the jobs.
I have to say when I was in high school I'd have been all for this, not realizing that (a) I wouldn't have been able to get in to watch and (b) that means the only people that were would have been creepy old fucks.

Dave

Staff member
Actually I've never been a strip club guy. I've never understood the appeal. I mean, I know it's nice looking at naked ladies, but the few times I have gone it's been rather sad. And I'm not talking the talent per se. Some of them were perfectly lovely and nice. But it was the atmosphere and the skeevy customers and the "you gotta buy a minimum of three of these artificially overpriced and watered down alcoholic beverages - yes, even if you don't drink". Just the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth (if you'll excuse the easy pun).

So if I went in there and there were FOURTEEN YEAR OLDS dancing?!? Yeah. It wouldn't have been a good time.

Y'know, us Belgians often get flack for being the pedophiles and all, but while strip clubs are perfectly normal here (I've been to a few - not a huge fan - but at least the skeeviness here is a lot less than it seems to be in the US), naked underage dancing has literally never been legal here. I'm not saying there's never been a 17 year old either lying themselves or being forced into it with human trafficking and all, but making it legal? That's Pocahontas territory. Ewww.

GasBandit

Staff member
I went to strip clubs a few times with the fellas when I was in my late teens/early 20s, and most often it was a disappointment. I pretty much always left feeling "I could have had more fun and spent less money if I'd stayed home and used the internet for pretty much the same level of content and interaction."

Even lap dances aren't exciting when you've constantly got in your head "this is as far as this goes and it doesn't mean anything anyway."

I find a lap dance in a strip club - especially for the groom-to-be of a stag night or whatever - to be demeaning for both sides and, even when it's a hot girl, really not a turnon at all. Ugh. Never had one, really don't want one, either.
I mean, I've had lap dances in other contexts where it was consensual and not for money for one side and to be made a fool of on the other, and that was fun, but in that kind of context? Ugh.

Some commenters have started moaning about bottle/wig redheads on "Redhead Monday" posts on Imgur.

I've started quoting Skyrim at them.

"What is better, to be born ginger, or to overcome your brunette nature through great effort?" - Paarthunax
Gas cares not from whence the red hair grows, as long as it shows.

GasBandit

Staff member
Imgur can do it too.
Hmm...which one will turn out to be the bastion of "pure" ginger, I wonder?

--Patrick
There's no such thing as a subImgur. They don't have subdivisions, though they do support tags (that nobody uses or pays attention to, unless to put humorous meta-commentary into their post).

I went to strip clubs a few times with the fellas when I was in my late teens/early 20s, and most often it was a disappointment. I pretty much always left feeling "I could have had more fun and spent less money if I'd stayed home and used the internet for pretty much the same level of content and interaction."

Even lap dances aren't exciting when you've constantly got in your head "this is as far as this goes and it doesn't mean anything anyway."
I have always found strip clubs weird, and only ever went to one relatively recently, more or less 'by accident' and it was as bad as I expected. I think of the scene in Silicon Valley where Dinesh is explaining his aversion to strippers, "It's like I have a boner and you have a boner and we're all just sitting there with our boners." Like, yeah, what?

GasBandit

Staff member
I have always found strip clubs weird, and only ever went to one relatively recently, more or less 'by accident' and it was as bad as I expected. I think of the scene in Silicon Valley where Dinesh is explaining his aversion to strippers, "It's like I have a boner and you have a boner and we're all just sitting there with our boners." Like, yeah, what?
I guess it made more sense in the bygone days when seeing naked ladies outside of magazines was more of a novelty luxury, instead of an oversaturated market with less barrier to entry than a free e-mail account.

Dave

Staff member
My wife and I just did a drive off from a gas station. But not the NORMAL way.

She went in to pay and I was checking the oil. When she came out we hopped in the truck and left. After paying $40 for gas and not putting any in the vehicle. We circled back but by that time there was another lady at the pump so I went inside & explained. Turns out we screwed them ALL up. In the end, we got our $40 worth of gas but I don't think they were pleased with us.

Not calling this a win or victory unless I get the job, but I have an interview tomorrow within the company for a promotion. Different department, different responsibilities. Apparently dealing with a LOT less customers, which is ideal for me.

I doubt I'll get it, but wish me luck, folks.
G'luck!

That is a suspiciously good but if timing on Prince Andrews positive Covid test meaning he can now not attend any Jubilee events. Methinks some sneaky courtier has just increased their chances of a knighthood.

At the age of 34, I am finally getting my driver's license. I've had my learner's forever and took my lessons when I was like 18 or 19, failed the in-car test, got embarrassed/cranky and just never bothered. It's been an inconvenience but overall I haven't needed to drive. It's past the point I learn, though, and I'm now a little embarrassed that I don't.

The online portion of the lessons are such a pain though. Slow, unskippable, unhelpful narrated slides and videos, with 'test' questions that aren't educational but designed to trick you. Gonna grind through it but damn I want to slap whoever designed this course.