I know I am not alone at all, but I have to admit that there is a part of me that gets excited every time something big and bad starts to happen. It's exciting and dangerous and disruptive. I fully understand that many people don't have the luxury to feel this way, and I mean no disrespect. It's not really a voluntary reaction, though.
I feel the same. I felt the same the first days after the quake, everything was surreal and part of me find it interesting. On the other side, I'm still dealing with what happened the next year.

fade

Staff member
If you don't sing the "lalala" part with the MST3K theme song, are you even a real fan?

Last edited:
Okay, at work we replace a lot of really weird batteries. Typical of most small electronics. It's often frustrating to start work on an item only to find it's batteries are dead. So we recycle them, which costs money, and similar to wood and unlike steel we pay to have them recycled. But recently there has been a cost shift in our favour. So now we can recycle our dead batteries free of charge.

Huge accident in our environment lab yesterday, technician was flash frozen to absolute zero. Don't worry though, he was 0 k.

Day four of self-quarantine: Despite setting myself up in the basement, and judicious application of noise-cancelling headphones, we're already to "If I hear one more argument about Minecraft I'm shutting this whole thing down" territory.

We're used to working from home, so I'm super lucky in that, but only once a week, and not when the kids are home. And my kids are older. I can't imagine what's going on with people who have younger kids right now.

We're used to working from home, so I'm super lucky in that, but only once a week, and not when the kids are home. And my kids are older. I can't imagine what's going on with people who have younger kids right now.
Not too bad here. Our school set up an online system that not only gets them assignments, but releases them in the order of their daily schedule. Li'l Z treats it like a real school day, working at his desk and not doing activities that wouldn't be allowed at school until 3pm. The hardest part is ME getting things done because whenever I start something, it seems like he has a question or needs help with an assignment. When school's not in session, he's usually pretty good about self-entertaining, so I consider us really, REALLY lucky we got the kid we have.

Meanwhile, our neighbor across the street has 2 kids (7 and 4), and has already started drinking heavily at night.

I want Jonathan Frakes and Claudia Black to narrate everything in my life, the two people with the most soothing voices.

In the classic tale of Peter Man, Captain Hook is tormented by a crocodile that swallowed a clock. This is used to create suspense as the clock ticks loudly revealing that the crocodile is nearby. The crocodile apparently swallowed the clock easily, which I find dubious, eating clock is actually quite time consuming.

Lobsters and crabs do not share the same habitats. They avoid each other as both species are very shellfish.

Last edited:
Quick informal poll: Do you guys like your own appearances and bodies? Like, when you look in the mirror, do you think, "Yeah, I'm hot," or do you think, "Damn, I'm ugly"?

I ask because I recently came across an individual who loves their body. Like, this person admires themself in the mirror before and after every shower. This is the first time I've ever encountered someone who thinks this way in real life, and I was actually briefly speechless. I mean, this person is definitely attractive, but in my experience it's exceedingly rare for anyone to think and say this about themselves.

So, if you're more towards the "Yeah I'm hot" end of the spectrum, give this a like, agree, or any other positive rating. If you're more towards the "I am ugly" end, give this a dislike, disagree, or any other negative rating. And if you don't really have an opinion on your appearance, and are simply thinking, "There goes bhamv being bhamv again", please feel free to hit "doing the thing again".