I was waiting for someone to realize that apparently I'd grown up in the Siege of Storm's End. :(

I mean, the Onion Night? Did no one spot that???
I saw that, and had this feeling it would go over his head.

Also, to answer your burning question:

Vampires.

I was waiting for someone to realize that apparently I'd grown up in the Siege of Storm's End. :(

I mean, the Onion Night? Did no one spot that???
I didn't get to read the last page.
I was looking forward to continuing our dog/goat conversation.

--Patrick

Would Count Von Count count all the names in the phone book, or count the number of names per page and multiply it by the number of pages he counted?

Would Count Von Count count all the names in the phone book, or count the number of names per page and multiply it by the number of pages he counted?
Count Von Count would count as many ways as the Count could count if Count Von Count would count names.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Update: it was the wind.

We have scaffolding outside our building right now because we're having construction done. Some bricks were left on that scaffolding, one in particular on top of a sheet of plywood. A huge burst of wind swelled up and flipped over the plywood, sending the brick through the window on the next level down.

Guess Vaughn Construction is buying us a new window!

My e-mail inbox at work is legitimately empty.
I go on vacation for 2.5 weeks (!!!! the longest I've ever taken at one time) on Thursday.

I don't know what to do with myself while I'm in the office.

When I lived in Houston, I had a lot of gay friends. One of them loved to joke "You know what the difference between a straight guy and a gay guy is? A fifth of jack"

GasBandit

Staff member
When I lived in Houston, I had a lot of gay friends. One of them loved to joke "You know what the difference between a straight guy and a gay guy is? A fifth of jack"
That seems to be a permutation of the old standard "What's the difference between a straight sorority girl and a lesbian? 3 shots of tequila."

Is there anything more dispassionately intimate than a dental hygienist appointment?

Super tiny, super cute little hygienist telling me how improved my gums are while her torso is pressed against my head and her face is like 3 inches above mine while she roots around my mouth.

The fact that I'm counting this as close human contact makes me worry about how lonely I am.

Is there anything more dispassionately intimate than a dental hygienist appointment?

Super tiny, super cute little hygienist telling me how improved my gums are while her torso is pressed against my head and her face is like 3 inches above mine while she roots around my mouth.

The fact that I'm counting this as close human contact makes me worry about how lonely I am.
It could have been @Terrik .

I had a crush on my hygienist once. In a plan to spend more time with her I would eat a package of Oreo's before the appointment.

It is only now that I understand @GasBandit 's tooth fetish.

The soft scrape against the enamel. The growing pressure and then release of calculus being removed by an impossibly sharp scaler. The curette moving ever closer to the gingiva. Millimeter by millimeter.

"Soon", I whisper. "I will uncover what lies beneath."

It is only now that I understand @GasBandit 's tooth fetish.

The soft scrape against the enamel. The growing pressure and then release of calculus being removed by an impossibly sharp scaler. The curette moving ever closer to the gingiva. Millimeter by millimeter.

"Soon", I whisper. "I will uncover what lies beneath."
Hmm, removing calculus, my favorite