GasBandit

Staff member
I'm already at 42 hours for the week. Now that I actually get paid extra for overtime, I don't mind going in for at least another 8 tomorrow!

Co-worker looking at his call center stats: "I was at 101% availability on the phones. How is that possible? How can you be over 100% available?"

Me: "I dunno, ask my dating profile."

I actually did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago. One of my dad's friends said some ignorant fucking shit about kids in cages and law enforcement and I lost my mind on him, writing a several paragraph screed where I had to delete "You fucking dumb ass piece of racist shit" about 23 times while writing it. Then I posted that I think Facebook makes us all worse people and deleted my account....which apparently made that whole bit of writing disappear.

Dave

Staff member
I use it to crack jokes and to keep tabs on far-flung family members. Anyone who posts politic stuff is usually muted. Like, I don't see my brother AT ALL and it's so nice.

Dave

Staff member
Logged onto Twitter today (speaking of social media *ahem*) to get the message that today is my 11th anniversary there.

I've been on Twitter for 11 years - 4018 days. I have 3,785 tweets. I should go on a spree and catch that up so I have exactly 1 tweet per day. Wonder what I'm tweeting about 233 times today...

I use Facebook to stalk

keep tabs on

keep track of

stay updated on the movements of

ok let's just say I add all the hot girls in my life to my Facebook friends list, and leave it at that.

Logged onto Twitter today (speaking of social media *ahem*) to get the message that today is my 11th anniversary there.
I got my twitter anniversary a few days ago. I remember that I made it because I had to in a college class. Every year it makes me feel old.

While the main building is being rebuild, work is divided in two places: The administrative offices (where I work) are half an hour away by bus from my house, and the public attention office that is a 15 minutes walk away from home. Every now and then, I need to go to a meeting in the public attention office. In those days when I have extra time after droping Gaby in school, I like to invite Vero to have breakfast somewhere. Last meeting, Gaby's room was flooded so we didn't do anything, and the time before that, Gaby had a fever. Tomorrow I have another meeting. I hope nothing happens.

Also, in my work I always have to think in the worst case scenario when I'm developing something. That is affecting my life because lately I'm always waiting for something bad to happen.

Anyone has any idea what the document for a government department/office acquisition needs for stuff like office supplies etc is officially called?

Or the document where they ask for written permission to do something from their superiors?

Google isn't helping with the direct translation.

10x.

One of my very good friends is a vet with his own practice and he's constantly frustrated about how negative Yelp reviews are often just the patients not understanding what the hell they're talking about. Even in the worst situation, he would never respond like that to a patient. That's uffed up.

I appear to have become involved in a feud with a local business - the town's vet clinic. When we took Cody in to have him neutered, the vet tech really mishandled him - she had us remove his walking harness and leash so she could loop a choke collar around his neck to take him to their kennel, and just bodily dragged him out of the room as he went limp, passed out, and soiled himself. I was actually terrified of leaving him there for the six hours they said it would take, afraid we wouldn't get him back alive at all, if that was the standard of care they were providing. So, I did what any other concerned citizen would do once he was back safely, I left negative Yelp and Google reviews.

Two months after my reviews, we got a letter in the mail from the clinic manager:

This is the first, and only, contact we had from their management. A letter telling us that because we're obviously so unhappy with their services, that they will no longer treat any of our animals at either of their locations, even in a life or death situation. Now, I'm not terribly keen on taking animals back to those assholes, but for this to be the first piece of correspondence we received after leaving a negative review is insane! So, now the redacted letter is one of three official Yelp images for the Myrtle Point office, the only official Yelp image for the Coquille office, one of many Google reviews, has been sent to the BBB (I know, they're not really official, but there are a LOT of boomers out here that really put their faith in stuff like that), and is headed to the local paper. It should never be OK to turn away an animal in an emergency situation because of a Yelp review.View attachment 32139

And honestly, if this dude would have loved to have spoken with us, he could have called. They never even tried to contact us, aside from this letter.
Some places elect to simply refuse further service if there's even a whiff of dissatisfaction - and I write as a veterinarian who works in a very large center that does not fire clients nearly often enough, though by no means am I saying that they should have done this to you/your animals! At our spot our hospital admin refuses to fire truly bad clients (repeatedly verbally abusive, non-compliant, non-payers, etc. even when we bring it to their attention) which is increasingly difficult for the vets on staff, so maybe this is an overreactive policy due to that sort of issue in the past - again, not saying that this was fair to you!

However, most places (in the US) actually mandate performing (literal) life-saving/stabilization therapies even for clients who are fired/can't pay (unless there are exigent circumstances - like someone shows up with a weapon demanding care for their pet, making the vets feel unsafe - and yes, that happens, unfortunately), though not hospitalization (so, for example, if your animal can't breathe due to an anaphylactic reaction, administering epinephrine and performing intubation to establish an airway would be considered "stabilization" therapy - after which transportation to a different facility would have to be arranged by the owner).

I hope you have some other vet clinics in your area!

The first one would normally be called a purchase request, materials requisition form, or something similar. I've never heard of a singular term for the second.
Requisition Form sounds about right.

Unfortunately i need the 2nd one.

But if you never heard of single term, i assume you know multiple terms? Feel free to hit me with a many as you can think off. ;)

fade

Staff member
Aliexpress is to me as Steam is to other people. I have a backlog of component parts I haven't used let. "Ooo what does this IC do? Neat. But practically, when will I ever need to do that? Never? I'll take 12." Ah recommended by seller...nice, I'll take 10 of those. You know you can get millions of color 2"x2" TFT or even OLED screens for a buck or two? With serial controller chips! I now have a pile. I could make scale armor that functions as a scramble suit from A Scanner Darkly. For a few bucks more, I could make them touch screens and have a reactive scramble suit. AC = -1 because I'd be covered in thin, lowest bidder Chinese glass.

Aliexpress is to me as Steam is to other people. I have a backlog of component parts I haven't used let. "Ooo what does this IC do? Neat. But practically, when will I ever need to do that? Never? I'll take 12." Ah recommended by seller...nice, I'll take 10 of those. You know you can get millions of color 2"x2" TFT or even OLED screens for a buck or two? With serial controller chips! I now have a pile. I could make scale armor that functions as a scramble suit from A Scanner Darkly. For a few bucks more, I could make them touch screens and have a reactive scramble suit. AC = -1 because I'd be covered in thin, lowest bidder Chinese glass.
My wife teaches a college class in Ubiquitous Design, and it involves teaching some rudimentary IOT stuff, which I help prepare. Every time, I'm like "This is all so cool. I want some." knowing full well I'm not going to do anything with it.

We had that breakfast! Bolon de verde with coffee is one of those local foods that I wholeheartedly recommend to try if you ever have the chance.

Ever have that moment when you're in the stor and you walk down the bakery/candy aisle and you think "that looks so good I wish I could have that" and then you remember you're an adult so there's not really anyone preventing you from getting whatever you want?

Yeah, I love that. I can buy a whole cake and nobody can stop me.

Anyways, after taking a two-year break from dating, I reactivated my Match account. I figured that, since I'm living near Houston now, there would be a lot more matches. Boy, online dating is different now that I'm going into my late thirties. Many of the women have been through a divorce and so they seem to be even pickier. This isn't a complaint. Just an observation.

Ever have that moment when you're in the stor and you walk down the bakery/candy aisle and you think "that looks so good I wish I could have that" and then you remember you're an adult so there's not really anyone preventing you from getting whatever you want?
My story usually goes "..and then you don't because you remember you're an adult and consuming 2600 calories worth of oreos in one sitting is good for exactly no one"

Sometimes it doesn't though....then I feel guilty. Adults suck.