View attachment 32099

My van this morning. How's YOUR morning going?

If you are wondering, someone broke in and tossed my van this morning. So far the only things I know that are missing are the registration/insurance information, 400 or so business cards with an incorrect phone number, and my wife's Mama Mia CD.
So, other than the insurance and registration... it's a good thing? I mean anyone that will willingly take ABBA music from you...

Man, ive had my car broken into a few times and they've never bothered with registration. What do they even do with that? All that does is inconvenience you.

The same reason I'd go from Main St in Flushing to W. 46th in Manhattan. The sammich is just that good.

At least in my case it was. Margon has an awesome Cuban.
And with the sandwich I get that, but its more the soda I find strange. Honestly drink orders always confound me, primarily since I usually gotta cover soft drinks or coffee in plastic bags so they don't spill on the food.

And with the sandwich I get that, but its more the soda I find strange. Honestly drink orders always confound me, primarily since I usually gotta cover soft drinks or coffee in plastic bags so they don't spill on the food.
One thing I definitely *won't* do again is subway from Flushing to Coney Island for Nathan's. $4 for a hot dog and lousy service. NO thank you. I don't care if it's the original location with all the history and whatnot. All hype for a not-that-great dog.

For the same reason I would use grubhub rather than go myself. Because I want something from that place but I ain't traveling that far, let some other schmuck do that.

That's you, you're the schmuck here. But at least a well-tipped schmuck.
Yeah I never get delivery from places close by unless I'm drunk/high. I'm not gonna pay and extra $7-10 to avoid driving 5 minutes or less.

View attachment 32099

If you are wondering, someone broke in and tossed my van this morning. So far the only things I know that are missing are the registration/insurance information, 400 or so business cards with an incorrect phone number, and my wife's Mama Mia CD.
Is this the car you leave unlocked parked on the street?

View attachment 32099

When my car got tossed, my initial reaction was that they didn't take anything, even though my MC Frontalot CD was clearly right there, so they weren't only criminals, but they had questionable taste in music.

I didn't get enough sleep tuesday night so last night I went to bed at 9:30. I woke up at 5AM feeling incredibly well-rested. My thought was "if I did that every night, I could regularly do stuff in the morning and feel much better throughout the day."

Is this how the oldening begins?
Ask @GasBandit . He posted his discovery of this phenomenon several years ago.

--Patrick

I still stay up late, I just get up early whether I like it or not. Yet somehow my body doesn't care. :| Though I think needing less sleep is also a sign of oldness.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ask @GasBandit . He posted his discovery of this phenomenon several years ago.

--Patrick
Getting to bed before 11 is now pretty much required for me to be happy and functional.

I still stay up late, I just get up early whether I like it or not. Yet somehow my body doesn't care. :| Though I think needing less sleep is also a sign of oldness.
One of these days you're just going to crumple up and explode like a burning Beseige contraption.

Getting to bed before 11 is now pretty much required for me to be happy and functional.

One of these days you're just going to crumple up and explode like a burning Beseige contraption.
I sleep in on Sundays but I quite literally have to keep forcing myself back to sleep after every REM cycle after 5 or 6 hours.

I didn't get enough sleep tuesday night so last night I went to bed at 9:30. I woke up at 5AM feeling incredibly well-rested. My thought was "if I did that every night, I could regularly do stuff in the morning and feel much better throughout the day."

Is this how the oldening begins?
Last night I went to bed at 10:45. I woke up at 4 and that was that. I feel like shit. WTF body?

Dave

Staff member
JFC can this week be over yet?

Monday - Daughter's boyfriend gets orders. Daughter gets engaged. She announces she is moving to Washington state.
Tuesday - Son quits his job. WTF is he going to do now and how are we going to be able to afford our home once he stops paying rent?
Wednesday - Van gets broken into. Whereabouts of the ABBA CD is still up in the air.
Thursday - Blessed silence.
Friday - My cousin's 28 year old daughter dies in her sleep. An autopsy is being performed but they are pretty sure it's lupus-related. Also today, getting to go to the bank to refinance my son's car to get his sister's name off the loan. And then the DMV.

Last night I went to bed at 10:45. I woke up at 4 and that was that. I feel like shit. WTF body?
That's why I don't bother to go to sleep early, I don't want to wake up at some absurd hour of the morning because my body decides it's done sleeping.

I’m glad you furnished photographic evidence of the van. There’s so much happening to you this week that we would be left wondering if this was another “peed on the cat” situation.

—Patrick

Do you remember when the only yogurt flavor was plain and you mixed it with jam to make it something else? That was my idea! Yogurt companies NEVER paid me for it!

This evening, my wife and I randomly started playing a game to see how many cities we could name from certain countries. Apparently we're quite bad at geography, because for the vast majority of countries we could only name fewer than five.

"Okay, Italy, go!" "Um... Rome... Venice... Milan... does Pompeii count?"

"How about Australia?" "Sydney, Melbourne, Perth... uh..."

"Surely we can name more than five German cities!" "Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt... and what's that one with the animal musicians?" "Bremen?" "Yeah that's it."

It all started when we realized we couldn't name any cities in North Korea other than Pyongyang.

This evening, my wife and I randomly started playing a game to see how many cities we could name from certain countries. Apparently we're quite bad at geography, because for the vast majority of countries we could only name fewer than five.

"Surely we can name more than five German cities!" "Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt... and what's that one with the animal musicians?" "Bremen?" "Yeah that's it."

It all started when we realized we couldn't name any cities in North Korea
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1482/ubi

This will either help you or kill you.

It all started when we realized we couldn't name any cities in North Korea other than Pyongyang.
I can name dozens from those countries...but I admit, naming more than two for most US states would be impossible.

Okay, challenge accepted. Did this while waiting for tech support because my #### internet keeps going in and out - and without help.
  • Alabama: Mobile, Huntsville, Talladega, Birmingham
  • Alaska: Anchorage, Kenai, Juneau, Sitka, The City Formerly Known As Barrow, Nome
  • Arizona: Peoria, Flagstaff, Williams, Houck, Florence, Yuma, Green Valley
  • Arkansas: Little Rock, West Memphis
  • California: San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, Anaheim, San Jose, San Diego, Van Nuys, Needles, Santa Monica, Los Angeles
  • Colorado: Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Golden
  • Connecticut: Hartford
  • Delaware: Dover, Wilmington
  • Florida: Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Daytona, Miami, Miami Beach, Key West
  • Georgia: Atlanta, Buckhead, Savannah, Dawsonville
  • Hawaii: Honolulu, Hilo, Pearl City
  • Idaho: Boise
  • Illinois: Metropolis, East St. Louis, Springfield, Peoria, Rockford, Joliet, Waukegan, Gurnee
  • Indiana: Fort Wayne, Gary, French Lick, Indianapolis, Speedway
  • Iowa: Dubuque, Des Moines, Dyersville, Moline
  • Kansas: Commerce, Kansas City, Wichita, Topeka
  • Kentucky: Louisville, Frankfurt, Bowling Green
  • Louisiana: Baton Rouge, New Orleans
  • Maine: Portland, Bangor
  • Maryland: Baltimore, Annapolis
  • Massachusetts: Springfield, Northampton, Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket
  • Michigan: Ishpeming, Iron Mountain, Sault St. Marie, Grand Rapids, Flint, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Detroit
  • Minnesota: Warroad, Duluth, Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Peter, Bemidji
  • Mississippi: Jackson, Biloxi
  • Missouri: Jefferson City, Kansas City, Joplin, Springfield, St. Louis
  • Montana: Helena
  • Nebraska: Omaha, Lincoln
  • Nevada: Ely, Reno, Henderson, Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas
  • New Hampshire: Manchester
  • New Jersey: Atlantic City, East Rutherford, Jersey City, Newark
  • New Mexico: Albuquerque, Truth or Consequences, Tucumcari, Moriarty, Gallup
  • New York: Buffalo, Binghampton, Cooperstown, Albany, Rochester, Niagara Falls, Syracuse, Nassau, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Manhattan, Yonkers
  • North Carolina: Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham
  • North Dakota: Sioux City, Bismarck
  • Ohio: Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Marion, Toledo
  • Oklahoma: Weatherford, Elk City, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Miami
  • Oregon: Portland, Salem
  • Pennsylvania: Erie, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, State College, Williamsport, Gettysburg
  • Rhode Island: Providence
  • South Carolina: Hilton Head, Charleston
  • South Dakota: Pierre, Rapid City
  • Tennessee: Memphis, Murfreesboro, Knoxville, Bristol, Nashville
  • Texas: Amarillo, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Galveston, Texarkana
  • Utah: West Valley City, Salt Lake City, Provo, Bonneville
  • Vermont: Montpelier
  • Virginia: Richmond, Alexandria, Newport News, Norfolk, Virginia Beach
  • Washington: Seattle, Tacoma, Yakima, Olympia, Walla Walla
  • West Virginia: Morgantown
  • WISCONSIN: I SHOULD BE SHOT IF I CAN'T NAME FIVE CITIES FROM WISCONSIN. Hell, I should know five cities in Waukesha County: Waukesha, Brookfield, New Berlin, Pewaukee, Oconomowoc, Muskego, Mukwonago
  • Wyoming: Cheyenne, Laramie
So, seven states where I could only remember one city (sorry, DA, but I couldn't remember some of the Ohio River towns.) I'd argue that (outside of Montana) the others don't have a significant amount of cities to remember unless you live there...

Two things: First, I only blew two locations - Sioux City (which is in Iowa, not North Dakota) and Lake Tahoe (which isn't a city and is mostly in California; I was thinking of Carson City). Second - The City Formerly Known as Barrow is Utqiagvik.